Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM1988

How can god have specific attributes?

9 posts in this topic

If God is infinite/formless, how can he have specific attributes like all-loving?

When I think of Infinite formlessness I think of a scientific attributeless void. So when people say this formlessness is absolute Love I might as well say why isnt it absolute Hate? Who decides that?

Is it a limit of language?

Infinite love = acceptance of everything as far as I understand

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, MM1988 said:

people say this formlessness is absolute Love I might as well say why isnt it absolute Hate? Who decides that?

God decides that! God decides for maximum Goodness and Love.

If you were unlimited, why decide anything less?

A being of unlimited intelligence and consciousness would not hate itself, as that would be foolish.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

God decides that! God decides for maximum Goodness and Love.

If you were unlimited, why decide anything less?

A being of unlimited intelligence and consciousness would not hate itself, as that would be foolish.

that would mean we only ever hate what we are not identified with, if we are identified and still hate or feel attacked we start a process of disintegration. that’s why even oneness is mostly always a partially integrated oneness where an otherness still exists.

it‘s also interesting how we fragment otherness to keep our own oneness alive. or how we create oneness of fragmented otherness in sense of responsibilities.

another question is the difference of feeling of hate and how hate looks from the outside. as hate usually comes out of a place of vulnerability and wrong coaping mechanisms. from the ego perspective hate sometimes doesn’t even look like hate from the inside, it is also only a survival mechanism, to protect other survival mechanisms. that’s why people don’t understand how they look from the outside. how they project hate through their feelings of fear or suffering or loneliness that reaches others in form of hate. and there are also people who can discern and know but feed their hate like animals and pet them. of course the sensitivity and reaction of the person who is the fear/hate projection aimed at does matter, too. sometimes people seem like being hateful but instead they just stand up to protect what needs to be protected in its right to live against hateful survival mechanisms aimed at them or others or nature. hate and fear and suffering are a codependency, it can be broken only if both people or participating parties step out of the circle of suffering/hate/fear infliction.

absolute hate absolute love dynamics can only be understood through mirroring processes. i really liked the video about how to deal with toxic people. although i recently got into a situation where i was protected by a male against another male who inflicted psychological and physical hate onto me where i really felt that sometimes hate is pure unconditional love without any other reason that absolute love must be protected through hate against absolute hate because of what you choose will be your kingdom.

Edited by now is forever

Guys when people say things like language can't do it justice why does it sound like god works in mysterious ways?

7 minutes ago, ColdFacts said:

Guys when people say things like language can't do it justice why does it sound like god works in mysterious ways?

because spirituality is all about

giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, ColdFacts said:

Language is secondary, language is separation and duality. Language is misleading. Etc etc ?

You are before language. And after apparently. 

Edited by Brenzo2

@MM1988 ahh.. but its exactly because he is infinite.  Infinity is extremely hard to grasp.  But anytime you ask yourself..how can this be possible if Infinity is formless?  Just remember everything is possible.  Including non-existence.

But there are Absolutes that Infinity just IS.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@MM1988 God is the negation of all attributes, albeit paradoxically including the attribute I give in this sentence. There is nothing which can be really said. Feel the void that has sprung your present moment experience. Ask yourself, where do all the contents of your consciousness come from? Its impossible to put your finger on it. It is literally nothing. Nothing could be more beautiful. 

To remove all images of God.....nothing truer could have been suggested from religion. Interestingly enough there exist christian mystics and Islamic mystics who get a whiff of true spirituality. If only christians and muslims went all the way. Here's a book written in the 14th century "The Cloud of Unknowing" https://www.catholicspiritualdirection.org/cloudunknowing.pdf

It's only a shame Christianity and Islam are so dogmatic. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.