Rilles

Help! I just bought some L-Theanine

11 posts in this topic

It smells like a sweet chemical smell... Its from Solgar in capsules... I read that its supposed to be odorless... What do I do? Try it or toss it? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

It smells like a sweet chemical smell... Its from Solgar in capsules... I read that its supposed to be odorless... What do I do? Try it or toss it? 

I bought L-Theanine too a while ago, from "Now Foods", it had a weird smell too, but I ingested it. It didn't provide any noticeable effect(s) that could undoubtedly be attributed to the supplement, in my experience. I'm curious about the answer to your question as well.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

If you wanted a natural L-Theanine from Green Tea leaves where it originally resides,  you would probably need an apple-sized capsule because there is so little of it in there. So synthetic is the most likely form you will get. What you smell are probably all the thickeners, emulsifiers and stabilisers to keep the capsule together. 

If its bothering you , there is a product on UK market called "Unplug", I believe @Charlotte might be able to share some of her experience with it. This contains L-theanine along with magnesium and many adaptogenic herbs. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

If you wanted a natural L-Theanine from Green Tea leaves where it originally resides,  you would probably need an apple-sized capsule because there is so little of it in there. So synthetic is the most likely form you will get. What you smell are probably all the thickeners, emulsifiers and stabilisers to keep the capsule together. 

If its bothering you , there is a product on UK market called "Unplug", I believe @Charlotte might be able to share some of her experience with it. This contains L-theanine along with magnesium and many adaptogenic herbs. 

Thank you! I realized I bought Suntheanine which is basically the synthetic version of L-Theanine. I was thinking the smell could be all the other ingridients inside combined because there are a few things stuffed in there. I feel better now, thanks for your reply!

12 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Loved it. 

On 5/30/2019 at 8:04 PM, Rilles said:

It smells like a sweet chemical smell

Why not just drink matcha green tea. One serving of matcha tea is the equivalent of 10 cups of regularly green tea.

7 minutes ago, dinone said:

Why not just drink matcha green tea. One serving of matcha tea is the equivalent of 10 cups of regularly green tea.

Thanks! I’ll try that next time! I drink Jasmine Tea at home but I like to try different things. 

Does it work then ?

Look my stack seams to work without Théa or coffee. But more efficient for my very work is a bit of weed.

Or sometimes coffee but it is a poker card.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:01 AM, Aeris said:

Does it work then ?

Look my stack seams to work without Théa or coffee. But more efficient for my very work is a bit of weed.

Or sometimes coffee but it is a poker card.

I tried a bit of it and the powder itself didnt smell but honestly I can just have a cup of tea and it does the job haha. Im gonna up my dose and see if its better. Luckily I only bought 30 capsules so if it sucks its not that big of a waste.

Edited by Rilles