Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rinne

Inner engineering w/ shambhavi kriya retreat

28 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, passerby said:

let us know how it goes. So will sadhguru actually be there or is that another program? sorry i'm not upto date on his different programs 

There are literally thousands of Inner Engineering programmes happening around the world in a year. So Sadhguru cannot physically attend them all. They will be conducted under trained teachers who are able to initiate you into the technique just as well as Sadhguru would.

Sadhguru conducts only a handful of Inner Engineering programmes by himself every year. The next one is in July in Melbourne

I completed inner engineering about 3 months ago and have been practicing Shambhavi ever since. I think it's important for one to realize that the actual Kriya itself is not designed for an experience. Doing the Kriya brings a certain alignment to the subtler bodies. There's a YouTube video where Sadhguru discusses this in greater detail. All that being said, everyone has different experiences, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Some people may experience bliss, others may experience a heightened awareness. Whenever I've done the Kriya in the last 3 months, my experiences have been different. Some days i'll feel at complete ease with myself and everything around me, other days i'll feel blissful. There have also been days where after having completed the Kriya I feel sad/depressed. As far as physical experiences are concerned, I feel less sluggish and more energized, more focused and can generally do the same task in a much more efficient manner. Sleep quota has reduced for me, but not by much (45 minutes to an hour).

My point is don't get hung on experiences and don't be sold on them either. When you do the Shambhavi there's a part of you that experiences something phenomenal and it's for this reason you want to keep doing it. I myself have no idea how I've managed to keep up with the practices doing them not once, but twice a day!

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

@Chi_ @Ether12 Do you guys could give me the instructions for shambavi mudra? I have a lot of social anxiety and I heard this would help. I cannot wait until the next course in October. If you can give me the instructions contact me at milantroude@outlook.fr thanks

Edited by Milan

@Milan I cannot give you instructions on how to do the Kriya. For one I'm not qualified, and two you need to be initiated into the Kriya. It's important that you receive the Kriya in the right manner. This requires taking the Inner Engineering program. At this time you can take both Inner Engineering Online and the Inner Engineering Online Completion course. Let me know if you have any more questions. Sorry for the late reply!

Edited by Ether12

@Milan they specifically tell people not to share details and also not to practice from books. Best for you would be to do inner engineering online and then attend an in person program for initiation into the practice. The process of planning the trip and attending the program will already teach you to overcome your social anxiety, it is part of the process. In the meantime you can do Isha Kriya wich is available on youtube. If you really want to you can find the Shambavi Mahamudra instructions with search engines but it won't help much.

Inner engineering. How can you apply the science of nuts and bolts to the inner world. The answer is you cannot. The name makes no sense. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Bodhitree, LOL trust me it has nothing to do with nuts and bolts! Have you done the program? If you haven't then how would you know what it's all about?

I know what engineering is. So perhaps Sadhguru is misrepresenting what his course actually does, and just wants to use a cool-sounding name...

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna