EternalForest

How to keep high consciousness in a Stage Red environment?

11 posts in this topic

For various reasons, I'm temporarily working/living in a Stage Red environment at the moment, where a lot of greed, arrogance, belittling, screaming, abuse, power games, selfishness, dog eat dog mentality, survival of the fittest harshness, black and white thinking, lack of privacy and manipulation goes on.  Even when they're not manipulating me, their low-consciousness negative energy rubs off on me and I can really feel it stifling my growth. I can't just ignore them, and have to interact with them all day constantly, sometimes spending 4 to 5 hours in the car with them each day.

I have a greater life purpose and am actively try to self-develop myself outside of work in privacy, and try to block them out as best I can. I'll have myself a positive, fruitful weekend of spirituality, self development and progress towards my greater purpose and dream career, only to come back Monday and sit in a room for 8 hours with these people again dragged back down into the same petty, low consciousness yelling, arguments, manipulation, drama and toxicity.

I try not to participate in it, try to be kind and neutral, and don't judge them for doing it, but anyone who's been in an environment like this knows that oftentimes this just isn't enough. I know Leo has said in past videos about toxic relationships the best strategy is to cut them out of my life. But once again, for various reasons that's just not an option right now, and until I get out, in the meantime I want to know any advice to help me deal with them in a way that doesn't drag me down with them. 

@EternalForest

Among wolves be a wolf. Among chickens be a chicken.

Plus, don't judge means indulge. You have a great opportunity to become enlightened through these circumstances. It's challenging, I know. But it's rewarding as well. If you can live happily with this, well, congratulations! That's enlightenment.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict Very true, I never thought of it that way. I'll keep that in mind, using this as a tool rather than a hindrance.

And I don't want to be too black and white myself either. From interacting with these people for as long as I have I can tell you they're good hearted and decent in many ways as well. It's a complicated thing, and you can't just lump people into "good" and "bad" categories. 

Really really difficult.

Really difficult.

- Sometimes focus on the work not the people although when focusing on the people, try to understand why they are the way they are

- Form strategic alliances if possible

- Plan your escape

- Get clear on how you got there

- When working with an angry person, if you bring awareness to the interaction itself, it's possible to develop the ability to catch lightening bolts like Yoda does when he fights Dooku (metaphorically speaking).

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

Leave and find a a stage-blue job. Many of them don't require qualifications that Orange do. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

They also have the qualities of god, if you demonstrate constantly such skills, gods qualities in them will support you through them because they will forced by their mind. It doesn't have to be high level god qualities just show their mind that you have earned your good qualities and they will obey, if they are family members that's when it gets challenging because nothing works with family member and if somehow does it is temporary and never feels right.

Understanding seems to be the only option.

In every situation push yourself to see things with as much clarity as possible, the bigger picture, all the circumstances involved.

Forget judgement, find peace in insights and understanding.

Push to understand deeper and see more of the whole.

Take every opportunity as a challenge/game to learn or improve.

The more you see the less it will effect you, real accurate sight.

-

This also plays into the stage green hippy blind peace and love movement, this is a gaping of turquoise, where greens love is based on their own personal ideals while turquoise love is based on deep understanding. The moment green is faced with "nasty" people all that love disappears and is replaced with judgment, they fluctuate back and forward.  

Turquoise loves because it sees/understands. The more you see the more you love.

-

Not saying loving unhealthy red is a good option lol, trying to say understanding the full picture in real time while its happening in the moment will make the moment void of stress. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@EternalForest That really is quite the shame. 

From my experience, it seems that the only way to thrive in such negative environments is to already be high conciousness and/or have exceptionally low levels of neuroticism in conjunction with having your smarts about you. 

But if ur like me you're not high conciousness and so ur stuck in a catch 22. Remember that reality has no obligation to put you in the "optimal" environment for high conciousness, so move if you must. BUT that being said, try not to use my last sentence as an excuse to play victim. 

When stuck with toxic people, avoid becoming intimate with them. High conflict personalities will pin all their problems on or two people and becoming fixated/paranoid about these people. However these personalities also tend to switch who their targets of paranoia, and the closer you are to them and the more involved you are with them the more likely it is for you to become their target. I've learnt from experience with my mother. 

Make toxic people your acquaintances rather than your friends. 

Having the will to self actualise and be yourself in a harsh world is one of the cornerstones of self development. To me it is related to fundamental feelings of loneliness you have. The best book I'm reading on this is called "Thick Face, Black Heart" written by a Chinese woman who was inspired by a book called "Thick Black Theory". Its a book about taking effective action and getting what you want, and at a beginner level it's about taking that stage red drive in you and integrating it for something worthwhile. But the true essence of it is about having a self esteem independent of other people's opinions and standards, and to do what you think is best. From reading the book, it seems that underlying all the various random principles/lessons in the book is simply high conciousness. She phrases it as detachment. 

How one gets a self esteem independent of other people's opinion of you, such a tough question. How one establishes this self esteem separates the Saint from the dysfunctional criminal Psychopath. 

People high in neuroticism simply care too much about what other people think, it doesn't get much deeper than that. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@integral

18 hours ago, integral said:

Forget judgement, find peace in insights and understanding.

That's a good one, thank you.