GabeN

Why is my discipline so crappy?

19 posts in this topic

I cannot stick to a proper plan, I keep delaying my executions, and making excuses for why yes and why not... What's the most known reason why we tend to have bad discipline, which distracts us from realsing the god head ?

Edited by GabeN
Mistake

@GabeN You need to embrace the spiritual/self-actualising journey and not rush behaviour change.

Edited by Anton_Pierre

@GabeN haha trust me... I've given up trying to answer that for myself.  I realize it's part of the story for me to be lazy and not disciplined, and it will be part of the story if I get my ass in gear.  I know that's full of spiritual bypassing but still, it is what it is.  At the same time I am aware of my undisciplined nature and am aware of all the benefits it would bestow to me if I change.  Sitting still and silent is my number one issue.  There's even times when I'm SO EXHAUSTED from running in circles/thinking and I am CRAVING a chance to meditate and learn to be still.  And I'll either ignore that craving or give into it. But when I give in, the meditation never lasts long. My mind is a wild monkey. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

8 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Probably lack of vision. If the destination is unclear why be disciplined? For what?

This applies to me I think. I have some of the same issues as the original poster. 

If the destination is unclear..... easy for me to assume the destination is clear, but I've probably never actually checked this out. I've taken it for granted that the destination must be clear, perhaps it is not, or it is clear, but I need to meditate on it, contemplate more, remind myself. Bring the vision to the forefront rather than running in the background....

I fall into a trap thinking I've got the basics sorted and need to work on the more complex stuff, then something happens that makes me question my basic stuff. 

Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, GabeN said:

What's the most known reason why we tend to have bad discipline, which distracts us from realsing the god head ?

Lack of thirst, I'd say. Are you really uncomfortable with your current state of being? You may think "Yes, I am" but I recommend that you stop and consider the following food for thought:

True discomfort is so annoying that it makes the process of changing require no discipline.

That's obviously not an absolute truth and I am not trying to disempower you or anything like that. I'm just saying that maybe you haven't formalized your reasons to do what you want to do.

unborn Truth

Our culture these days does not teach discipline. Life has become too easy. You are addicted to sucking on society's tits.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Our culture these days does not teach discipline. Life has become too easy. You are addicted to sucking on society's tits.

Yes but they are so tasty... Although the milk leaves a sour stomach

The milk is literally poison.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

40 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Probably lack of vision. If the destination is unclear why be disciplined? For what?

@Shiva  Good point, I need a stronger vision and plan

38 minutes ago, Anton_Pierre said:

@GabeN You need to embrace the spiritual/self-actualising journey and not rush behaviour change.

@Anton_Pierre yeah, but there's a voice in my back that keeps saying "stop wasting time"

@seeking_brilliance yeah, maybe the notion that "I'm God and I'm free to do whatever I want" is abused for me. lol

26 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

True discomfort is so annoying that it makes the process of changing require no discipline.

@ajasatya

That's powerful, indeed I think I need a stronger reason and vision to why have discipline in the first place

@Leo Gura true... tits everywhere, in infinite forms....

Edited by GabeN

You could be dead tomorrow.

Think about it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

You could be dead tomorrow.

Think about it.

Yes this is what we told 'sinners' why they should be saved 'today' 

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those are like the tits of "Babylon the Great" , the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth.

According to Revelations.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, GabeN said:

yeah, but there's a voice in my back that keeps saying "stop wasting time"

When you are centered in Self, you will be aware of ego mind's defenses and tricks.

@GabeN

Perhaps the goals you set for yourself were not authentic/genuine.

Dive deeper, and find out. Know what you truly want, because what you want is what you need.

I suffer from this a LOT, it is my biggest bottleneck for the achievement of all my dreams. Just recently i made some progress with diet, meditation and yoga practices and what helped me was to realize:

1. I NEED to develop a compelling vision for my life, actually writing down exactly what i want, my biggest goals and when i did some of it, it was clearer to me how this particular habit would help me to achieve my goals. This connection made a huge difference in my mindset.

2. If i want to be disciplined, i have to develop it, and the way to do it is to apply it all day, in every decision, every moment you are choosing between your higher goals and your need for pleasure, comfort, and distraction at the moment. These decisions build your confidence and discipline, it's like a track record you have of yourself, remember self-esteem is the opinion YOU have of yourself and cannot be bypassed, you need to choose to raise your self-esteem by making the right choices more often than not. 

3. Meditation, exercises, diet and proper sleep will raise your willpower and it will be easier to make the right choices. 

Because you don't trust yourself. Then when you stop trusting yourself you think ehh whats the point or i can put it off an hour, a day, a week, etc.

To start having good discipline literally re-parent yourself. See your self as a parent teaching a child to have good discipline. Show up, even when you dont feel like it. Your mind will always not feel like it, you just have to push through. Set boundaries

@GabeN I actually sat and meditated yesterday and it felt pretty good. Body gets too stiff though so I end up stretching instead but mindfully 

On 28/05/2019 at 9:07 PM, GabeN said:

I cannot stick to a proper plan, I keep delaying my executions, and making excuses for why yes and why not... What's the most known reason why we tend to have bad discipline, which distracts us from realsing the god head ?

Do you know exactly how you delay your executions, and the personal reasons behind the excuses? For example: feeling tired, or deeper yet, avoidance, or even deeper, fear. Or more specific reasons relating to your specific self. Like not in imaginary terms, but in terms of what you are really doing. :)

Edited by Brenzo2