Bill W

Houston we have a Male problem

153 posts in this topic

There is a pandemic on the forum. Apologies if this has been covered before.

Does anyone have a theory why we are so Male top heavy? 

There are a few women bravely flying the flag. 

Am I being naive in worrying about this? Most of the really bad stuff that happens on this planet is because of man not woman. I just think that it cannot be a good thing to have all these men under one roof.

Before anyone asks me to leave in order to reduce the Male cohort by one, I cannot leave. I like it on here if I am serious. 

Am I the only one who finds it weird that men are giving men advice on how to treat women. Is that not like the blind leading the blind? Half joking here. Tongue in cheek comment.

I await the deep actualised.org version of psychoanalysis as to why i have noticed this and think it's an issue. 

Edited by Bill W
Typo

I think you would find this tendency in pretty much every forum except those targeted at women. I actually think there are surprisingly many women in here.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

33% of my audience is female. 66% is male. This is to be expected given my style.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This place can be intimidating at first, especially if you are female. 

Women love Eckhart Tolle and are more likely to gravitate to teaching's more like his. xD Leo's style is much more masculine but you need both to be balanced. I have often felt alienated by it in the past but the wide range of things that Leo teaches lays a foundation for spirituality better than anyone else I've ever come across.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Emerald Would like to know your YT channel statistics. 

To OP, I wouldn't call it a problem per se. 

Masculinity is one of those things that can get out of control without femininity balance. It's not about having it its about how it is used. 

Edited by Shadowraix

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

33% of my audience is female. 66% is male. This is to be expected given my style.

That's about my ratio too. Though in recent months I have been getting a bit more female viewership.

9 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

@Emerald Would like to know your YT channel statistics. 

To OP, I wouldn't call it a problem per se. 

Masculinity is one of those things that can get out of control without femininity balance. It's not about having it its about how it is used. 

Apparently, almost exactly the same as Leo's. For the first year or so, my audience was like 80% male. But after it went to about 2/3 male and 1/3 female, and it was that way for like 2 years. Now, in the past few months, my ratio bounces between 35/65 and 40/60. But my audience has always been mostly male.

This is probably because YouTube is a very male-heavy platform to begin with, and the way that I convey topics is very intellectual sounding which tends to appeal to people who are a bit allergic to the new age and woo woo spirituality... which describes a lot of men who are closet-interested in spirituality but don't like the idea of engaging in fanciful/magical thinking. I think this is one of the major appeals that Leo has as well. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, Bill W said:

There is a pandemic on the forum. Apologies if this has been covered before.

Does anyone have a theory why we are so Male top heavy? 

There are a few women bravely flying the flag. 

Am I being naive in worrying about this? Most of the really bad stuff that happens on this planet is because of man not woman. I just think that it cannot be a good thing to have all these men under one roof.

Before anyone asks me to leave in order to reduce the Male cohort by one, I cannot leave. I like it on here if I am serious. 

Am I the only one who finds it weird that men are giving men advice on how to treat women. Is that not like the blind leading the blind? Half joking here. Tongue in cheek comment.

I await the deep actualised.org version of psychoanalysis as to why i have noticed this and think it's an issue. 

All audiences will tend to skew one way or another. My audience (as a female spiritual YouTuber) is actually majority male as well... about 2/3 male. And like Leo said, I think it's because of style.

But it's also because YouTube is a male-heavy platform... 62% of YouTube watchers are male in general. So, that's very close to the 2/3 that Leo has for an audience. It would be different on Instagram that's a more female-heavy platform.

That said, I do think the audience on the forum is probably more like 90/10, as it seems to be a very male dominated space. But if memory serves, it wasn't as much like that to begin with. It was more reflective of Leo's channel audience spread; still fewer women but not as few as now.

But this forum becomes a strangely competitive place, where a lot of guys bicker and get in all kinds of dick measuring contests. And there are also quite a few guys on here who are into all that Red Pill/Incel stuff. So, I see why the female population has dwindled quite a bit because all of that is a bit unnerving.

But that's not really a Leo problem so much as it is the dark shadow of personal development in general... and particularly masculine personal development. Most people don't get into personal development out of sense of abundance of worth but out of a sense of lack of worth. So, there's a lot of insecurity underpinning the motivations of most people here... including myself from time to time.

It's just that it tends to express in a very dick-measuring contest-like kind of way on here. So, you're not wrong that there's something toxic. But it's not really a reflection of the toxicity of the forum itself or Leo or his content. It's just that most people are here for shadowy reasons that they don't even know about.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Leo is an intp, and thus has an highly logical and rational aproach to both spirituality and self help.

Of course he will attract way more man than woman here.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

You guys are not the only one thinking like this. Hence I am also thinking the exact way of how you are thinking. I think this is because of the weakness created in male which make them do bad things on Earth. However, in contrast also many men did good thing on Earth. Majority of the technology invention were by male and today world leaders are mostly males. I am stage orange on spiral Dynamics which means that feminist triggers me. Hope this helps for now.

The inherent nature of this place. To find the truth.

Its not as relevant for feminine endeavours as it is for masculine ones.

The feminine path is a bit neglected on here. And I dont know how much Leo wanted to address the feminine in his recent video about the point of life...

26 minutes ago, universe said:

The inherent nature of this place. To find the truth.

Its not as relevant for feminine endeavours as it is for masculine ones.

The feminine path is a bit neglected on here. And I dont know how much Leo wanted to address the feminine in his recent video about the point of life...

He will do it naturally the more he integrate his feminine side.

Alson the more conscious he becomes, the more compassionate he will become and that will also reflect in his way to speak, gaze, move etc...

God is love

And God in them

Love is the point of life. It is both masculine and feminine.

I like both kinds of love.

Of course I'm stronger in masculine love.

I recommend you balance my work out with softer fuzzier kinds of teachers like Matt Kahn. He appeals to lots of women.

I definitely believe the feminine path to awakening is unique, and just as valid as the masculine. Something like Zen is not suitable for many people and many women.

For you masculine guys I highly recommend experimenting with feminine approaches and paths. It will grow you a lot and make you more mature as a man.

Men today lack femininity even more than they lack masculinity. RedPill, MGTOW, anti-SJW, and Alt-Right culture is making this problem only worse. Which makes me sad :(

8 hours ago, Emerald said:

That's about my ratio too. Though in recent months I have been getting a bit more female viewership.

Apparently, almost exactly the same as Leo's. For the first year or so, my audience was like 80% male. But after it went to about 2/3 male and 1/3 female, and it was that way for like 2 years. Now, in the past few months, my ratio bounces between 35/65 and 40/60. But my audience has always been mostly male.

This is probably because YouTube is a very male-heavy platform to begin with, and the way that I convey topics is very intellectual sounding which tends to appeal to people who are a bit allergic to the new age and woo woo spirituality... which describes a lot of men who are closet-interested in spirituality but don't like the idea of engaging in fanciful/magical thinking. I think this is one of the major appeals that Leo has as well. 

I follow both Leo and you, and I have to say that you have a very masculine intellectual approach, which is very crystal clear and architectural. This kind of approach, which is Leo's too, is very appealing to men and to masculine energy.

I personally like it a lot, keep it this way :) it's also refreshing to see a woman with such a clear and mind-based teaching style

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Men today lack femininity even more than they lack masculinity. RedPill, MGTOW, anti-SJW, and Alt-Right culture is making this problem only worse. Which makes me sad :(

Real masculine men are not into things like MGTOW and RedPill. They are in gyms.

Edited by CreamCat

Just now, CreamCat said:

Real masculine men are not into things like MGTOW and RedPill. They are in gyms.

af448685e61acc4b063ec7fd5d2828486f8a3617

God is love

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Most of the really bad stuff in recent history happened because of white people.

I think they just happened to have more power to cause more problems. If other kinds of people had more power, they could and would have done the same.

The weak have little power to cause problems on the global scale. The weaker devils are still devils. They have the same destructive potential waiting to burst out. Native americans are not better than white people in terms of devilry and destructive potential.

If you read about chinese cultural revolution, you would think that chinese had the same destructive potential.

Devilry is universal.

Edited by CreamCat

23 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Tell that to Elliot Hulse.

Being a gym rat aligns well with MGTOW and RedPill.

Gym rats are not exactly the most evolved males of our species. Very chimp-like they tend to be.

Stage Orange guys tend to be into hyper-macho self-images which of course means hitting the gym, bro. It's a phase, bro.

Remember that you can only observe people that interact.
Willingness to compete, argue, change are masculine traits.

I do not think that convincing women to bravely wave the flag is the way to go.
We don't need women that are masculine. We need men that make space for femininity.
You cannot elbow this space into existence by pointing fingers at men that misbehave because that only stirs the pot.

The MGTOW/Redpill/Incel men are just hurt, but not hurt enough to wisen up. That's why they're boiling themselves alive.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

13 minutes ago, tsuki said:

The MGTOW/Redpill/Incel men are just hurt

Yes indeed. What they need is love.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes indeed. What they need is love.

I don't think that somebody that ugly can get love from the external. Im talking about incels. Yes many of them are bullshit. But some of them, are so ugly you can't even look at their face.

They will never be satisfied with their love and sex life, never.

It's complicated. But i don't think you can say that all they need is love. It's so simplistic.

And even then: Where the fuck do they get if from? They are always been rejected, imagine in which reality they live in!