rnd

About M. Gandhi, one of the opinions

22 posts in this topic

I have audio in Russian of Osho's teachings. About non-duality and other things. Of good quality, of several hours. I've not been able to find them in English. As I'm russian - not a problem.

In some of these audios the narrator talks about Gandhi. According to him - the truth. He doesn't make an attemp to humiliate Gandhi, he doesn't talk about him too much harshly. I think that he talks consciously.

The truth is, Gandhi wasn't as good as some people say.

All his attemps to look good in the eyes of the public was a show. A show.

For instance, he travelled in the trains among the most poor people  India. However, nobody knows that in reality the wagon where he travelled  in, was occupied only by him. Intentionally dedicated to him.

Something about his goat, I don't remember. That it was washed with shamppo. It was feeded in a more expensive mannner, than an average indian was able to afford.

And so on.

Leo, haven't you heard anything of that? How do you know that what you know about Gandhi is the truth? Your perception about him is positive always.

Edited by rnd

You can find dirt on any person.

The point is to look at the totality of a person's life.

Instead of listening to others critiques. Go read Gandhi's biography.

Overall what Gandhi accomplished was amazing, regardless of whatever flaws you might dig up.

You can find a lot of dirt on Osho especially. He has no business judging Gandhi.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, rnd said:

I have audio in Russian of Osho's teachings. About non-duality and other things. Of good quality, of several hours. I've not been able to find them in English. As I'm russian - not a problem.

In some of these audios the narrator talks about Gandhi. According to him - the truth. He doesn't make an attemp to humiliate Gandhi, he doesn't talk about him too much harshly. I think that he talks consciously.

The truth is, Gandhi wasn't as good as some people say.

All his attemps to look good in the eyes of the public was a show. A show.

For instance, he travelled in the trains among the most poor people  India. However, nobody knows that in reality the wagon where he travelled  in, was occupied only by him. Intentionally dedicated to him.

Something about his goat, I don't remember. That it was washed with shamppo. It was feeded in a more expensive mannner, than an average indian was able to afford.

And so on.

Leo, haven't you heard anything of that? How do you know that what you know about Gandhi is the truth? Your perception about him is positive always.

What specific actions are expected from Ghandi that you think haven't been found? Or is there just an idea that there should be a cap on 0 for behaviours that are selfishly orientated?

Edited by Brenzo2

@Leo Gura
The question isn't whether or not a dirt exists. But whether or not it's taken place. Likewise, whether or not what's written in his bio is actually true. How can you know?

@rnd Study rather than smear and speculate.

If you really care to understand Gandhi you should be eager to read 5 books about his life from various perspectives.

What Gandhi did was amazing.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can find dirt on any person.

Nope.

Ramana Maharshi is an example. i can give many more who lived a totally pious life, 

@Garuda Ramana lived in a cave. He did not lead a reform movement of 1 billion Hindus.

You guys have a serious deficiently in reasoning about politics. It's freightening. Spiritual giants but political midgets.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Garuda Ramana lived in a cave. He did not lead a reform movement of 1 billion Hindus.

You guys have a serious deficiency in reasoning about politics. It's freightening. Spiritual giants but political midgets.

Although it was in line with the topic of the conversation.

I specifically replied only to that one line where you said you can find dirt on anyone. Nothing to do with politics.

Did this as you believe people who are actually enlightened cannot live a pious life....

Gandhi destroyed the individualism in his people like a father figure. Now we have a disorganized India and fragmented.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Garuda Try to lead 1 billion people politically and let's see how pious your life looks.

Living in a cave is not a serious test of what life can throw at you.

Nor does a person have to match Ramana to be amazing. People are amazing in different ways.

26 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Gandhi destroyed the individualism in his people like a father figure. Now we have a disorganized India and fragmented.

The polarization across India is a very old story. I don't know what you're talking about. If anything, he was the main hand behind the creation of Pakistan, a country designed to be inhabited by Muslims as an attempt to mitigate the religious conflicts.

Gandhi also worked really hard to free India from the exploratory practices of the England's crown. Do you know what it takes to gather hundreds of millions of unarmed individuals to fight against the power of rapacious strangers?

unborn Truth

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Garuda Try to lead 1 billion people politically and let's see how pious your life looks.

Living in a cave is not a serious test of what life can throw at you.

Nor does a person have to match Ramana to be amazing. People are amazing in different ways.

I agree with what you are saying. I'm talking about a completely different thing, maybe I should have made a new thread to get off the topic of leading Country. 

None the less there have been Rulers in the past who were enlightened, as a ruler someone will see an act that you have done to be wrong.
But from the the Rulers viewpoint what they are doing is not wrong but has to be done. They have acted according to their Dharma, which for an enlightened person is Dirt Free. 

5 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

How do you balance and combine politics with spirituality?

In Hinduism there is a term called Dharma, there is a set of rules / a code in which ever part of life you are in, whether you are living in a cave,have a family or  are the president of the country, and its your job to maintain those rules to live a 'spiritual life'.

Basically do whats righteous. But what does that actually mean? Someone is going to have an opposing view to what is morally right or wrong, so essentially you cant win. Just do the best you can however it plays out is the way its going to be....

I read a biography some time ago, presenting ghandi in a bright light. His protests, him being in south africa, working as a news reporter in inda iirc, almost beaten to death, because of his believe in his vision/resolve/grand scheme etc. 

Yet, all the stuff ken wilber talls about makes sense when reading history and critque of famous saints/sages/mystics/visonaries w/e. 

I heard Elon Musk does cocain at bruning man ?‍♂️, not sure if true. 

This article looks good about ghandis sex live and experiements of "celibacy" 

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/thrill-of-the-chaste-the-truth-about-gandhis-sex-life-1937411.html%3famp

@ValiantSalvatore
He was an outright sociopath no different than a Muhammad, Napoleon, Adolf Hitler or pretty much any (in)famous world leader or "celebrity". Hysteric personality.

Odds are good, that you'll be very materially successful, being a sociopath, if not slain outright. But then there's the risk of becoming convinced of your own BS. And a greater one of losing your soul. Why does the Islamic world chop of limbs for stealing, or the Indian one maim people to be beggars. Stealing material objects is one thing, it's too obvious.

@RichardY Why what else did he do, that he could be called a sociopath? 

Mao ze dong is the only other leader I read something about and Lenin/Stalin I only went to an exhibition, where they showed different political groups from 1800-1900, showing anarchist groups and bolschewists etc. 

Also, seeing propaganda videos of russian military killing their own people. 

Well, tit for tat. Apparently a red/blue enviroment where it is neccessary to do that in order to maintain order? 

@ValiantSalvatore What else does he need to do? How high do the bodies, have to stack?

A person that is convinced, even if a liar, is going to convince. Emotionally, if charisma or zeal is there people follow regardless. Unless they have sound logic. Without connection to God, all is secondhand observation.

@RichardY I don't know exactly what he did. Yet, this was what I wanted to know from you and asked. 

I lent the book to a friend, so I can't re-read it. 

Yes, this is how propaganda works. When the sun shines brighter it will increase global warming. - > Said a "populist" politician. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore