Schahin

Can 5 meo dmt be a traumatic experience too?

6 posts in this topic

I imagine becoming limitless, boundless and infinite, and then returning back to an individual human being could be traumatic right or no? 

I imagine the mind and the human being to be too tight after having experienced the infinity. Like getting back into a tight shoe after having walked barefeet on the sand of the beach or I might be wrong. But maybe there are even other problems not related to the "tightness" of the human life. 

I am contemplating these things as I have an upcoming opportunity for a Bufo Alvarius ceremony. 

Yes, it can certainly be traumatic. Not the coming back part but the exploding into infinity part.

If all of God was revealed to you in one minute, you would be so horrified you would curl up into a little ball in the corner of the room.

That's how BIG and awesome God is. So gradual exposure is required. It's like looking at the sun. It's radiance is too great for mere mortals. You take short little peaks at it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You'll probably curl up into a ball anyway and cry for hrs on end just from the sheer awesomeness of God.

"Oh my God" will be the only words you will be able to mutter for quite some time.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

it is quite shocking, to say the least. The experience itself is extremely powerful and life-shattering. But also, the integration of it can be quite tricky.

It is completely unexplainable what is going on at the peak of 5-meo. Our regular notion of reality collapses instantly. You return to that mysterious state in which you existed before you were born. Of course not as a "you" that you know yourself to be.

The tricky part is how the heck do you reconcile that after you come back. You've experienced something impossible and completely out of the realm of your ordinary existence, or even some meditative states.

With that being said, the experience is the Truth. It is the most sacred thing and everybody should have it. It is God, it is Infinity, it is Void and complete unity.

Don't be discouraged, it is equally beautiful as it is grand and shocking. If it gets too hairy, you can always remember that you will be back to your present existence. The understanding will remain and you will be grateful for it.

Godspeed.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Anxiety and panic may arise prior to breakthrough if the mind struggles to hold onto control of reality. If that is broken through, there is no one left anymore to be afraid. Upon returning, the mind might be like “Holy fuck, what just happened? That just happened!! What just happened?”. For the next week or so, the mind and body may be disoriented with how it relates to reality as it integrates the experience. After 10 or so times, the mind and body acclimates and it smooths out quite a bit. I’m at the point I can take some prior to my meditation, have a god conscious meditation session for 30min and then continue on with my day. In the beginning, it can feel very dramatic to the mind and body because the contrast between a full dual sober state of consciousness and a godlike 5-meo state of consciousness. Yet ime, it smooths out as dual vs godlike starts to breaks down. 

Absolutely, my first time it was. Had no concept/belief/faith of nonduality, God, at the time as I considered myself an atheist. It completely ripped me into infinite pieces, scattered in infinite direction and distance. What had just been witnessed is the most terrifying thing any living thing could have experienced. Proceeded to do ayahuasca the next day, and imagine that^ but for 8 hours long.. 

Traumatic, yes. 

Will do again? Yes