electroBeam

Is Compassion survival

4 posts in this topic

if I see someone dying and I feel bad, is that survival?

on the one hand it's not, but on the other hand I feel bad because I always feel bad when a story ends.

@electroBeam Partially it is a survival mechanism. 

For instance an ape or human who shares ressources is compassionate in that sense that he shares ressources, also since he or she is providing value. The group admires or rely on the gratitude and compassion of that a ape or human. 

Franz de Wall has a ted talk explaining that an "alpha" male rises in his rank, thanks to his compassion as long as it is balanced. Since he shares ressources and the trait involves for instance an act of generosity. 

In the case of someone dying, potentially to deal with the feeling or experience, of something or someone passing away. It is good most likely to release that emotion. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

what is that thing you call compassion.

when I teach hard truth and they makes people angry and insane, they thank me later for compassion

Depends on from where it is coming for but compassion is something you dont have to think its something you have naturally...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.