Inder

Who does the conscious thinking if No free will?

39 posts in this topic

@NoSelfSelf @Anna1

God vs Awareness 

World war III coming folks 

or should I say universal war xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@NoSelfSelf @Anna1

God vs Awareness 

World war III coming folks 

or should I say universal war xD

Ha! Your hilarious!

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1Something i always did being aware that im God ? thats all that is anyways :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

26 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Anna1Something i always did being aware that im God ? thats all that is anyways :)

There is actually a subtle difference between awareness/absolute ...and God, but since  @Preetom would consider further discussion on the topic to be "universal war" that's all I'll say. :S

Too bad tho, because understand the difference is key to understanding this free-will vs no free will business.

Anyway, carry on. Sorry for the distraction.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

16 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

There is actually a subtle difference between awareness/absolute ...and God, but since  @Preetom would consider further discussion on the topic to be "universal war" that's all I'll say. :S

Too bad tho, because understand the difference is key to understanding this free-will vs no free will business.

Anyway, carry on. Sorry for the distraction.

Hey I'm okay with universal wars or all hell breaking loose or whatever. Dont hold back!

I just threw diesel on this topic already in another thread xD 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Anna1 would love to hear your perspective.  What i have become conscious of is that free will and no free will are dualities so when collapsed there is only Infinity.  Can't be free will from Gods perspective.   There there is just formlessness and everything that ever happened or didnt happen is contained within but as pure potential.. nothingness.

But then he creates dualities through form..he creates your perspective (which is still him) and he gives you free will....Or so it seems, from your perspective!  

It's brilliant!  Of course again i use "he" metaphorically for God or Awareness.  Or absolute Infinity.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There can't be free will for the ego, because there isn't one. That is what spirituality concludes: There's no personal you entity. Nevertheless, we must pretend like there is one, and live like we make choices and decisions. 

You feel depression because you don't know who you are existentially. Find out who you are existentially. 

@Maya_0 it sure feels like there is though.. Thats what i mean in above post...wonderful illusion by God.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Anna1 would love to hear your perspective. 

Well thanks:)

I'll comment on what you wrote. If that's okay.

What i have become conscious of is that free will and no free will are dualities so when collapsed there is only Infinity. 

Yes, both are "within" the absolute/awareness.

Can't be free will from Gods perspective.

That's right.

there is just formlessness and everything that ever happened or didnt happen is contained within but as pure potential.. nothingness.

Essentially, yes, if I understand you right. So, I'll reword it in Vedanta "speak" to make sure.

There is just awareness (unmanifest) and when awareness is conditioned by maya this manifests  Isvara (God), which is pure potential existing "within" attributeless awareness.

But then he creates dualities through form..he creates your perspective (which is still him) and he gives you free will....Or so it seems, from your perspective!  

Correct.

Isvara (God) creates via the gunas (energies) all things both subtle ( thoughts, feelings, emotions) and gross (material objects).

Yes , it feels like free will from our perspective and essentially we need to treat it as such, but it's really not free will at all from God's perspective. God is the puppeteer and we as "apparent" persons, are the puppets.

Ultimately, Isvara/God "is" awareness, but awareness "is not" Isvara/God, simply because awareness is the substratum/fundamental background of all things, including God. It's a subtle understanding.

So, Anna1's self-inquiry does not include identifying AS God, but AS awareness Anna1's "true" nature. Although, Isvara/God created Anna1 subtle/gross aspects (body/mind).

See?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 indeed i see the subtle difference.  Interesting, thanks :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Your welcome.:)

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Inder I too couldn't stop thinking about this after watching that video. In fact I become obsessed with questioning free will and the self and did nothing else for 4 days. Barely slept. It lead up to an ego death on the 4th day.

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Inliytened1 so if you are saying we are God, don't you think we have power to consciously create something?

@Inder absolutely.  You can consciously create all day long.

That's the beauty of this whole design.

Infinity is a very, very powerful thing.

Its awe inspiring.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 @Leo Guraso it is not like that everything is predetermined and preplanned, and we have no control over future,

Or It's not like that whatever meant to hapeen it will happen? 

Edited by Inder

@Inder You have full control...From your perspective.  

Your perspective is the only thing you have.  Its YOU.

You can't be God's perspective or any other perspective while you are being you.  Otherwise you would no longer be you!

You can't even conceptualize God's perspective because that's still you fantasizing about God's perspective.  It isn't real.

When you have a mystical experience you become God.  Then you will become conscious that from God's perspective it has already happened.   

Once you grasp that there is no objective world or reality out there - that everything is relative to perspective - that's when you grasp this.   Perspective is all there is.  It doesn't just seem that way that's how it actually is.

It takes a shift in the way you look at Reality.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is no freedom in willing. Even if you are essentially God. A will is based on preferences. No one can't decide his/her preferences. It makes no logical sense at all. And if god hasn't any preferences for his will - because he is god right - then it is determined by nothing and therefore random. And where is the freedom in that?

Why you guys don't argue in a logical way. No one, not a single one of you, could answer his questions clearly. "Well, who are YOU?", you repeatedly ask. It is crystal clear that by a little bit serious self inquiry one will discover that he/she/it is awarness. And even once you discovered this and you make decisions from a higher level of conciousness your will isn't free either - because remember: a will needs preferences, a foundation on which it is build upon, you as awareness/god can't decide this. 

In one video Leo mentioned, that at the beginning of everything, conciousness was bored and decided it wants to play a game, in which it will discover itself through various perspectives. Well, where did the "boredom" come from? Everything is so far fetched and covered with mysterious phrases and assumptions, idk man. Spirituality seems to insist that there is something beyond the realm of logic. Tired of all this contradictions. No answers to be found anywhere.

@Templesign there are but language can't really capture them because language is inherently dualistic.  

But the Absolute just is.  It is itself.  (Groundless).  Is itself = being itself = knowing itself.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Templesign It is beyond the realm of logic. It is infinitely more complex and incomprehensible than logic. Yet it is still there and you can experience it. 

Reality is nonlinear and paradoxes run wild. Let go of limiting yourself to your own sense of logic and expand beyond it. 

All this theory is just mental scaffolding meant to help you point to where you need to look. It never will accurately describe all of this.