Inder

Who does the conscious thinking if No free will?

39 posts in this topic

I felt lot of depression after watching Leo's no free will video in march 2019

Even some till now, always thinking about this topic, trying to get some conclusion, very hard pill to swallow that we have 0% control.

Guys please help me if you can answering some of my question.

1. If there is no free will, then who control the conscious thinking, we can think anything creatively  or imagine anything, don't you think we have some control on this?

2. What about conscious action, sometimes we push ourself so hard to take some action,which we don't feel like doing, don't you think we have some will power  here.

3. As leo mentioned we should follow our intution, so who makes that choice to follow or not to follow our intution? What is that entity?

4. As Leo mention in his No free will video, gave us some steps to follow one of that is self observation, which is raising our awareness,  as leo said, our true self is awareness or consciousness,  so don't you guys think we have power to do self observation, and raise our consciousness? 

Thanks 

Any advice would be helpful, hope you guys have a nice day.

thinking is just thinking. no thinker. try these practices

1. try to predict your next thought

2. try to stop thinking

3. try to find the chooser of the thoughts

4. try to find the thinker 

:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Inder said:

Even some till now, always thinking about this topic, trying to get some conclusion, very hard pill to swallow that we have 0% control.

1. If there is no free will, then who control the conscious thinking, we can think anything creatively  or imagine anything, don't you think we have some control on this?  

You are God or Infinity creating and thinking.  In your purest form, formlessness, there is only pure potential.  But this potential is infinite.  Its all possibilities and no possibilities.  Everything and nothing simultaneously.  It doesn't have to unfold into something with form to already be there. 

But as your Ego, form, God is able to explore itself through itself.  It is creating something that was already there.

2. What about conscious action, sometimes we push ourself so hard to take some action,which we don't feel like doing, don't you think we have some will power  here.  

Again this Infinity or God being itself through division.  

3. As leo mentioned we should follow our intution, so who makes that choice to follow or not to follow our intution? What is that entity? 

There is no entity.   Your ego is an idea in a Giant mind whose substance is nothing. 

There is only Infinity or God which you can discover that you are.

4. As Leo mention in his No free will video, gave us some steps to follow one of that is self observation, which is raising our awareness,  as leo said, our true self is awareness or consciousness,  so don't you guys think we have power to do self observation, and raise our consciousness? 

Yes again that is actually God raising his own consciousness.

This is extremely tricky stuff so me explaining this to you may not click without an Awakening experience.

I think Leo said he is making another video on it too.

1 hour ago, Inder said:

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inder

I don't watch Leo's videos, so I can't comment on them, sorry.

My take is that what ppl consider "their" free will is actually the will of Isvara (or God). So, free will equals determinism, essentially. Not that things are planned ahead of time, no, but you do need to contemplate and do your best, because one doesn't know what's in store for them anymore then they know what will happen tomorrow. We are not the "apparent" persons we appear to be. So, how could we be the doer of action, thought, etc? 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Dont get caught up in thinking no free will free will that much just do the practices and realize you are God...because in the end  you can see that you dont have free will but you can act like you do so it just benefits "you" either way....

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, Inder said:

very hard pill to swallow that we have 0% control.

Who/what is swallowing this pill? There is an assumption here that there is a thing “me” that has 0% control. With that assumption and belief, of course it would be distressing and depressing. Investigate and observe the creation of this story of “me”. Observe how thought impulses appear as thoughts and feelings. Memories and thoughts create a story within a construct of past, present and future that gives rise to a subjective experience that there is a “me” continuing through time.

Simply observe the dynamics of this story play out in your mind when it arises. The sense of “me” is dynamic - constantly getting updated and changing. It is fascinating. Letting go and disindentification with that illusory “me” is extremely liberating for the mind and body. An enormous amount of pressure and burden is dissolved. 

15 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

realize you are God...

You experience as the apparen't person you "appear" to be. Your true nature though is awareness (or consciousness), which is the background/substratum  of every-thing, including God.

The action figure "Anna1" is an "aspect" of God (Isvara), the creator-sustainer-destroyer of the universe.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, Inder said:

Sort through your issues, start doing what you actually want to be doing. Realize the past is influencing you via identification and it no longer is. 

That’s because it’s not true. It’s a thought. 

You do, in total. You’re asking because you don’t think you do. Remember, “free will” is not anything you’ve ever seen or not seen, experienced or not experience - it’s a thought. So is “no free will”. 

Obviously. 

You. You created it all. You created choice. You created intuition. You created Leo. 

What you think is physical reality is consciousness - IT IS YOU. Do whatever the hell you want. 

Thanks 

Any advice would be helpful, hope you guys have a nice day.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Anna1 why are you telling me this :P 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

What does "free" mean? Free in what? 
Can there be something that is free except in itself?

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Anna1 why are you telling me this :P 

Lol, to broaden your horizon. You don't have to say/believe what the other sheep being herded say.?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

When Leo says something it doesn't mean the opposite is false. When he says there is no free will he is trying to show you one facet of reality. The free will debate is just another paradox. 

@Shadowraix yup it all depends on perspective.  From your perspective, the relative one, you have free will.   But from the Absolute perspective there is only Being.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It seems to me that "good government" still needs something like free will. :)

This whole issue and confusion arises because we have so habitually entangled our sense of being with impermament mechanisms and operations like thinking, feeling, experiencing, acting etc. Things that phase in and out but we try to sustain a continuous entity behind these activities through a narrative 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Anna1 im speaking from direct experience and they choose those words nicely im not following it like a sheep but tnx though 

It's you.

Now fight.

2 hours ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

It seems to me that "good government" still needs something like free will. :)

Still clinging to another thread huh? 

Who are you?

Find that one and you shall have your answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@NoSelfSelf ok, so, your God, then what will you be doing, saying, thinking tomorrow, since you are God the creator? 

My true nature is awareness.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?