LoveandPurpose

anxiety from the uncertainity of my future - please help

16 posts in this topic

I have my final exams next week. I have a lot of anxiety at the moment, because I don't know what I want to do after it. So I fear that I won't be able to do what I'll want to do, because of my grades (which are good, but maybe I will need better ones, I don't know that yet).

How can I deal with this? I know cognitivly that I probably will be alright but I still feel those heavy, negative emotions. Please help me. Thank you!

Edited by LoveandPurpose

A common problem is that the job market is crappy, which has been pushed aside for too long.

15 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

I know cognitivly that I probably will be alright but I still feel those heavy, negative emotions.

Feel them and stop resisting them. Accept the feelings for what they are.

@Norbert Lennartz I don't quite get why you're mentioning this. Could you tell me the relevancy to my topic? But thank you for answering! :) 

@LoveandPurpose I would continue to try my best in school. At the same time, when I have free time, I would try to earn a living for fun, at least as a part-time job. Try to be self-employed. This would be a fun activity/assignment for myself. You don't have to tell anyone about it because not everyone will be open-minded about it. Afterwards, I would try to apply entrepreneurship to it. Yes, there is a difference between self-employment and entrepreneurship. Take it step by step. Watch where you step.

Feel the anxiety until you stop feeling anxious.

Release that anxiety, and then do the right thing anyway.

You know what to do. Your emotions are telling you that it's important, tell them: yes you're right, now help me move towards my goal.

11 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Key Elements Alright, thank you. What's the difference?

Passive income/cashflow. That book explains. Cashflow is completely hands-off.

You will be okay I promise. All the feelings will pass after the exam and whatever happens, you'll still be able to succeed, be happy, etc. I'm not sure what exactly but your results on the exam will have little impact on your future. Your hard work and wisdom will ultimately determine your success and happiness