iTommy

The Magic of "Dreams" - Keeping Track of Mystical Experiences

6 posts in this topic

In this journal, I will keep track and write down strange mystical experiences that happen(ed) during sleep. Well... usually, these experiences seem to happen when I am half-asleep, and half-awake (+-). I think there's something about that. Those experiences make me question my paradigms/notions of "real"-ity, and that's one reason for why I enjoy them.

The tricky thing is retaining the memory of those experiences, often over 90% of my recollection just fades a few minutes after waking up, but a general idea of what happened usually remains. Having a notebook and a pen next to the bed, is something I'll arrange, starting today. It seems to me, that those experiences are more "real" than the average lucid-dream. Another hurdle is the slight change of ego-personality that I embody during the dreams, this can be frustrating because I might have acted and said things differently within the experience, if I was "awake".

Well... here we go.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

2018 - (Exact date unknown)

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Before I go to bed (in my case sofa) I make sure to take antidepressants, those usually make me feel somewhat tired – without them I could just stay up all night long, and I meditate to further calm the mind. I did those things that day too.

So, it all started by me trying to get some sleep at probably around 00:15. The mind seemed to be quiet to a certain degree, but I felt only a bit sleepy but not really as much as I usually do. I waited to feel more tired, but it just wouldn’t really hit me. I thought that I would just try to get some sleep anyway and laid down on the sofa. Time went by, nothing changed. I then turned on some music that usually does a good job helping me relax/sleep and I gave it another try. Time went by again, nothing really changed. I then thought that a guided sleeping meditation might do some good, so I tried that. Again… nothing really changed. I turned on a different sleeping meditation, you guessed it. Then I tried another one but… nope.

It was probably around 06:00 by then, and I still had not gained a few minutes of sleep. I was frustrated at that point. I just switched back to regular relaxing music, and I started focusing on my breath, bodily sensations etc., with half open eyes, while lying there on the couch.

This is where it gets crazy.

A few minutes flew by, and suddenly I heard two voices. A male and a female voice. Both sounded like adults, maybe around 30-45-ish. They were first talking amongst themselves, but then the male voice talked to me saying things like, “Relax. Everything is fine, get some sleep.”

Music was still playing in the background and my eyes were still half open, so confusion and curiosity kicked in. In my mind I went, “Wha… this is crazy, I can hear you guys. Can you actually hear me if I just use thought?” – on this the answer was, “Yes we can hear you." So I asked them questions like… “How is it where you are?” – the answer was, “When it’s night for you, it’s day for us.” The female voice by then also kept talking to me. I asked, “If you think of a place like… California, can you somehow teleport/travel to this destination?” – “Yeah, we can.”

This went back and forth for a while. I started to get more relaxed, and those voices told me again things like… “It’s fine. There’s nothing to worry about, get some sleep.”

Now, this is where it gets more “crazy”. While they were talking to me, and I to them, it felt as if I got a shoulder massage (a good one too). I just laid there with my eyes opening half-way now and then, and it literally was/felt as if someone was behind me, giving me a massage.

Maybe 15 minutes in, I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was just in awe. I mean… holy sh*t, everything felt so damn real. That’s really a point where one begins to question what is “real” in the first place.

This is something I won’t forget in a long time. It's crazy how your paradigm of reality can just "melt"/overlap with things that you didn't really think were possible.

Original Thread: 

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

April 2019 - (Exact date unknown)

Another strange experience happened to me during sleep.

I tend to pretty much always feel tired/sluggish, but on this day I felt a bit more tired than usual. After a sesson of meditation, I decided to lay down on the couch and try to get some sleep. I've tried sleeping mid-day multiple times, but I usually can't sleep even though I feel like it. I'm guessing 45 min or so had passed since I laid down on the couch, still no sleep and I wanted to get up but I kept still. Eventually, I fell asleep and one of the craziest sleep-experiences I had, occured. It was like a lucid dream, but more "real". My visual field was filled with geometrical patterns, abstractions, that I can't remember clearly. I felt an intense rush of energy, and my whole body began vibrating. This energy became stronger and stronger, the kundalini-flow that I had experienced in the waking state was just a breeze in comparison. This flow of energy, forcefully, started making its way up in three parts. The first wave of energy started at my lower spine and went up to the solar plexus (it felt as if the energy accumumlated at a certain point in the spine after each wave, just to "break" through what seemed like blockages and making its way upwards), then from there another wave of energy forced its way to the heart-/close to the throat- chakra and the last wave went up to the head. It didn't go all the way through the head, yet it was close. This flow of energy went through the body for a while longer, before it settled down into a calmer state.

Shortly after it happened, I began to regain waking consciousness. I can't say that I felt full of kundalini energy when I arose from the couch, but a subtle flow of energy was still there to be felt (although I feel it most of the time, so I am not sure if it had much to do with that experience). I was quite surprised and in awe, this wasn't something I had read about online or in books. 

Original Thread: 

25. May, 2019

Today I struggled getting quality/"normal hours" of sleep, again. This insomnia thing isn't fun in the long run. I woke up early again, maybe at 02:00 in the morning and went to visit the toilet in the bathroom and the sink, after that, I laid back down again, hoping to get some sleep. I can't remember how long it took me to doze off again, yet when I kinda did (half-asleep & half-awake +-), something surreal happenend. I was aware of me, still trying to get into "sleep mode" on the couch, after a while I heard some strange distant gibberish while still being lucid to some degree. This gibberish sounded like someone/some-thing, but I couldn't make out what it was. The dream-ego-me, became more curious and threw out some questions (sadly I can't accurately remember what those questions were and how exactly it went down). I seemed to get an answer, but still it was too distant to understand the reply. Eventually, I felt like if some-thing was really close to me, some sort of energetic force very close to my body and face. I only could feel the presence, throughout the whole thing, but there was no image of "it". Now, because of the closeness, I heard more clearly what was being said. She (female voice, an attractive one too) talked to me, and I felt an energetic surge of energy flowing through my body (mostly my lower-body). The body of mine was vibrating, tingling and showered with this warm energy. I also got aroused, and I perceived the experience to be somewhat sexual in nature for some time, but nothing like a wet dream. I remember that I asked many questions, and we were talking back and fourth, yet most of this slipped from my conscious memory. Many questions were not-so-great/weak, the dream-ego-me didn't ask many profound question if any at all. At one point, I even remember apologizing for asking too much. I think she told me to surrender, relax or something similar like that in reply (the memory of her reply is very, very vague and might not be what I think it was)

There's one question that I asked, which I remember. I asked her for her name. She told me, I repeated it back to her. She told me again... I repeated it back to her, then once more time till I got the pronunciation right-ish. I made a mental note, to remember that name when I would wake up. I kind-off did, yet I am not sure how to spell it properly. Her name was something like... 

Hanhisis/Anhisis/Hanthisis...

Shortly after I got to know her name, I started to become more lucid of the "real world", and told notified her about that. I didn't get a reply back as far as I can remember, and then was wide awake at around 05:00 in the morning. I was more awake than usual too, probably because of what had happened. I thanked "her/it" for the visit, and contemplated the experience. I managed to get some more sleep after that.

All in all, this experience was quite interesting to say the least, I felt as if I had some sort of connection with another being, her. Maybe and hopefully, I'll meet her again ^_^

@iTommy , very interesting thread. 

Would be great to read the content of a message about general spiritual/earthly matters when these become clearer.

Your experiences are awesome! We are alot alike with these experiences. And that shoulder rub sounds amazing hahaha

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay