Aeris

Is adhd a viewpoint or something

21 posts in this topic

I mean. Is there a truth into this finger pointed ?

What do you guys aiming for a science truth have to tell about it ?

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

Can I first ask what a science truth is? It would help me work out if I have something to contribute here, cheers :-)

And what do you mean by finger pointed? 

is that a social construct to talk about someone being asleep / behaviorism , or is there something "biologic" in it. @Serotoninluv

I think it's notable that the ADHD symptoms share so much in common with chronic sleep deprivation. And they're using amphetamines to treat it, which is one of the most powerful sleep blockers there is. I suspect the prevalence of ADHD is the result of the ongoing sleep loss epidemic. Matthew Walker mentions this in his book "Why We Sleep".

I am myself, heaven and hell.

As someone who was diagnosed with ADHD and blamed a lot of my problems on ADHD - from my experience it's simply symptoms from the lifestyle that create and reinforce the idea of ADHD. Perhaps to some degree my thoughts are sporadic and recurring but i'd argue that comes from improper parenting (due to unconsciousness and culture - not exactly the parent's fault) to be able to teach proper techniques to help clear a racing mind, falling asleep etc, but it can easily be misdiagnosed for so many other things (and this isn't limited to ADHD) that it's hard to say whether or not it exists as it's own true unique disorder.

Adderall and one other type of prescription both were not helpful in the pursuit of minimizing ADHD, in fact the side effects of the drugs were much worse than me being antsy. 

A few things that i've known to alleviate many symptoms of my "ADHD" such as insomnia, hyperactivity, impulsiveness, etc

• Don't consume caffeine
  • practice focusing techniques, don't multitask
  • limit addictions if possible, dopamine fasts might work well here

On 25/05/2019 at 10:11 AM, Aeris said:

Are you asking whether there is any scientific concept that explains ADHD? Yes, there are many of them. Some physiological, some chemical, some psychological and some genetic. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

48 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Are you asking whether there is any scientific concept that explains ADHD? Yes, there are many of them. Some physiological, some chemical, some psychological and some genetic. 

so it's not a thought story to use it to understand myself and aim my LP better ? would you believe it ?

I m a natural brainstorm, and like to disrupt all emotions in conversation of people, only for excitement. Of course I m not a "adhd" I just observe what I do, maybe wrongly, it could be.

I makes everything I touch exciting or make it, by all ways and all means. Everything that excite me is worth doing. Even joking about Hitler or killing babies, if this create emotion in people, I always feed myself on those. I could create "fight" only for not being borred, without any ego attached to a concept I relate to. Alright true, we have a lot of fun with people who cannot be bothered by talk. ( but it can go as far as laughing about killing babies )

just one exemple on how dangerous it is for me to have this behavior, most people are asleep or touchy, I keep awareness for months, but I always in a natural way ( especially when "sober" ) I m tingling people around with all sort of trigger.

I could destroy all my relations for not being borred.

And I cannot obey someone more stupid than me, I give him free teaching or free suffering for not being above me. I makes people stand on my ground, or fall in hell.

Weed saved me from being a total disruptive chaotic man. But kind of exhausting and very COSTY, and very banned in France.

thanks all for your replies.

Edited by Aeris

- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder is a mental disorder found in children.
- The causes can be both genetic and environmental.
- Treatment can include psychotherapy, behavioral therapy and chemotherapy.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Ibn Sina chemotherapy for adhd? Jeeeesus !!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I meant drug therapy. I know chemotherapy means using drugs to treat cancer but I thought chemotherapy also means using drugs to treat any disease. Mistake.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Ibn Sina fair enough ^_^ glad we haven't gone that far...yet 

@Michael569 I'm all up for chemotherapy on kids with ADHD. Nothing quite like it

@Commodent why stop there!! Let's chemo the guy with the runny nose and the the kid with acne. Hell, let's create McChemburger meno from an irradiated beef just to make sure everybody is getting a dose of goodness ^_^

Nuka Cola from Fallout series will soon become reality !!

@Michael569  Hell yeah! I'm looking forward to the day we have chemo in the drinking water. Preventive measures all the way :P

I'm a bit hesitant to take any stands on this topic but you might wanna check out Paul Verhaeghes work, especially the book "The end of psychotherapy". I have to say that I haven't read it myself yet, but a lot of my professors that have been working with children with ADHD for a long time are looking up to his advice.
You can't deny that there's a cluster of symptoms, and maybe there is a biological disposition that can play into it, but it's probably much less relevant than we are lead to believe. Same as depression. Remember:

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -  Jiddu Krishnamurti

@Aeris here is an in-depth lecture by this beautiful doctor who also has adhd. Just in case you like long videos.

ADHD is grossly overdiagnosed. Most people who are diagnosed with it who just say it’s symptoms due to lifestyle and all this truly don’t genuinely understand what ADHD is for those that actually have it. Most that are diagnosed also weren’t thoroughly tested. 

ADHD is a real condition. I’ve talked about it on several posts so I don’t feel like going into what it is here but it is a legitimate condition with a few variances.

As far as the general neurology, people with ADHD have very low production of dopamine and serotonin output and have very poor production in the prefrontal cortex. 

For certain cases this can make life feel very impossible to manage in micro and macro things. ADHD is both a blessing and a curse. For me personally, it does feel like the latter. I would trade anything to have a cure for this. 

On 21/06/2019 at 2:25 AM, kieranperez said:

ADHD is grossly overdiagnosed. Most people who are diagnosed with it who just say it’s symptoms due to lifestyle and all this truly don’t genuinely understand what ADHD is for those that actually have it. Most that are diagnosed also weren’t thoroughly tested. 

ADHD is a real condition. I’ve talked about it on several posts so I don’t feel like going into what it is here but it is a legitimate condition with a few variances.

As far as the general neurology, people with ADHD have very low production of dopamine and serotonin output and have very poor production in the prefrontal cortex. 

For certain cases this can make life feel very impossible to manage in micro and macro things. ADHD is both a blessing and a curse. For me personally, it does feel like the latter. I would trade anything to have a cure for this. 

Me too Man. I m legit adhd and I try to be without any drugs but that's fucking hard. 

I think this is why I m sometimes very Moody. My brain need his shot of dopamine and so being disruptive and getting attention sometimes replace drugs. But this makes my relation with people sick.

Did you try something else than amp ?

Are you still out of adderall ? Does it changed you ? In which way ?

I guess you're like me ; the inatentive / chaotic type

I just wanted to collect data and view of people here ( that I estimate better thinked about here )

What kind of work are you into ? / Passion

I just try to reflect' résonate and think. Feel free to not answer my questions if you not feel for.

@kieranperez

Edited by Aeris

On 17/06/2019 at 8:43 PM, Odysseus said:

@Aeris here is an in-depth lecture by this beautiful doctor who also has adhd. Just in case you like long videos.

Thanks ! @Odysseus

@MsNobody I watched most of them thanks