Lorcan

Viable Spiral Dynamic Self-Awareness Test? SAAFE Review

2 posts in this topic

Link to take the test: https://s.surveyanyplace.com/s/saafe

Context:

Among the many mentors I'm subscribed to on youtube (Leo Gura included) one of them recently released a Self-Awareness test after having gone quiet on youtube for several months, apparently with Spiral Dynamics integrated into the the test. Seemed interesting so I tried it out.

I found it was well made enough that it's worth sharing here to see what you guys think.

My experience with the test and the manual:

The test took me around 50 minutes to answer.At the beginning of the test it said it was deliberately designed for your interpretation so I kept that in mind, so as not to answer questions too literally. At some point during the test there was a slider you have to move across the screen that I did not know was even there so, make sure you don't get stuck on that.

You can take the test anonymously. You have to fill out a form, but it lets you leave most of it blank. The questions were pretty clear and easy to answer, I was pleasantly surprised of the lack of overly esoteric questions. The most impressive thing however is the manual at the end.

At the end of the test, I got my own "personalized" PDF document manual, explaining what each component and sub component of each spiral dynamics level meant in relation to the scores I got in each spiral dynamic level. The entire thing is basically a 52 page self-awareness manual telling you EXACTLY where in your life you are lacking.

This is the table of contents.

SPIRAL4.jpg

This is an example of what your overall score in Stage beige (I just changed the numbers in photo-shop for my own privacy's sake)

SPIRAL.jpg

This is an example of the different sub component scores that make up the overall scores for beige.

SPIRAL1.jpg

This is the page explaining which each one means.

SPIRAL2.jpg

SPIRAL3.jpg

I have not studied the original Spiral Dynamics works but from reading through the entire manual myself, this seems to be about the most comprehensive and clear spiral dynamics test I have took so far, with all the spiral dynamic stages, including coral. This is pretty brilliant.

OVERALL Pro's and Con's:

Pros

-Free

-You can it anonymously

-Clear questions

-Comprehensive Manual

-Quick to take

-Accurate

-Seems to have integrated elements from many different sources, including Jordan Peterson, Ken Wilber, Claire Graves and Don Beck etc

Cons

-Possible lack of questions determining certain metrics.

-Results can be skewed depending on what mood your in when taking the test?

I'd really like to see more test's like these. Tell me what you guys think, of if you can recommend other tests, I'd love to try them out. I feel like someone could make a test based off Leo's new video on the point of life, I don't know, tell me what you think.

Edited by Lorcan

I think you've reviewed it prematurely.

Do a review again after you read it thoroughly and apply it to your life for a few months.

Next time, give us a short summary before giving a long review. This feels dauntingly long.

Edited by CreamCat