Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnd

Meditation while driving

9 posts in this topic

How's that -- "I'll be meditating while driving" as Leo said? Merely being in the state "here and now"? Or anything else?

It is being fully present with all thoughts and sense perceptions. Relaxed yet alert. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Warning; Driving while meditating can by deadly if mystical experience happens.  But then again would it matter at that point?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Warning; Driving while meditating can by deadly if mystical experience happens.  But then again would it matter at that point?

Might matter to the other party like the pedestrian or other driver! :-)

I actually try and meditate when driving. Radio and music off. Just focus on exactly what's in front of me. Present moment only. Helps conquer road rage as well. Well it does my end :-)

Driving specially at night in lonely roads is a very relaxing mediation I can relate. The opposite as day where negative thought and road rage arises.

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

It is being fully present with all thoughts and sense perceptions. Relaxed yet alert. 

And what did I say?

My philosophy on dodgy shit like this is;

If your gonna break the rules, make sure your better than them. Don't meditate while driving if you feel like you are already a crap driver. Also consider future possibilities when driving. Like a kid or a dog around that sharp left turn your going around at 35mph. Then again, a lot of people don't do this normally anyway so. Meh

22 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

My philosophy on dodgy shit like this is;

If your gonna break the rules, make sure your better than them. Don't meditate while driving if you feel like you are already a crap driver. Also consider future possibilities when driving. Like a kid or a dog around that sharp left turn your going around at 35mph. Then again, a lot of people don't do this normally anyway so. Meh

I guess it depends on how you define meditation. Mindfulness is a form of meditation. If you mean sitting at the steering wheel driving with your eyes closed contemplating the meaning of life then yeh I see your point. 

Meditate while driving actually feels trippy and spiritual ,i felt like i did not going anywhere,i am here and now this screen,and the pixel arising and passing, almost felt like the entire experience of consciousness floating at middle of nowhere.