Truth Addict

You guys are so misunderstanding this place..

155 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Truth Addict ❤️?

they are unwilling to question their response/reaction to an imposed assertion. Strong may not be the right word, I would say wise/developed or even emotionally mature 

I said strong to imply that the one who doesn't is weak, like some addict i know.

4 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

I said strong to imply that the one who doesn't is weak, like some addict i know.

Yes and I’m telling you it doesn’t sound accurate to me 

15 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@DrewNows ?

Of course. All I'm saying is that these people are not a good environment for growth.

Growth and healing happen automatically when I'm around the people who share love with me.

(make sure you read the edit in my previous post ?).

I saw that man, thanks 

I’ve spent too much time trying to change other people in my life. If i didn’t  understand my own role in their toxicity I would never be able to avoid inviting more toxic behavior into my life  

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Yes and I’m telling you it doesn’t sound accurate to me 

You probably don't know this but strong emotions or any at all can be used as weapons, in hinduism they are called astras, always in the mind of a worthy person. Recognizing the bow is knowing what you said in the first comment, and then we have drawing it and the arrow but they require a strong person, so in a way having anger or injustice done into a person is a blessing if they are worthy.

The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my relationships with others is admitting I had played the “toxic” role 

7 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

You probably don't know this but strong emotions or any at all can be used as weapons, in hinduism they are called astras, always in the mind of a worthy person. Recognizing the bow is knowing what you said in the first comment, and then we have drawing it and the arrow but they require a strong person, so in a way having anger or injustice done into a person is a blessing if they are worthy.

Not if they are “worthy” but If they are open to change. What sort of ego is actually open to change? 

Edited by DrewNows

First sentiment - peace to everyone

You guys are so misunderstanding this place..

How is this Title not a projection in itself?     I just throw this out as a rhetorical question,,, Not meant as an attack

@DrewNows

I feel like when we have toxic people in our life we are often unknowingly a match to them. And the only way to change them is in changing ourself. By doing this they either leave our presence or change for us 

to be aware of the attention we feed, and the reactions/judgments we have 

that’s a good start to self reflecting instead of simply pushing people away possibly out of fear or anger 

This matches an aphorism in the Work - Our Being Attracts our life.

last sentiment- peace to everyone

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Just now, DrewNows said:

The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my relationships with others is admitting I had been playing the “toxic” role. 

Not if they are “worthy” but If they are open to change. What sort of ego is actually open to change? 

It depends what you mean open to change. It could be taking the damage, adapting to the damage, or it could be throwing the damage back to the source. You don't have to change entirely, can you say that you hate someone if you can imagine them being happy? 

2 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

It depends what you mean open to change. It could be taking the damage, adapting to the damage, or it could be throwing the damage back to the source. You don't have to change entirely, can you say that you hate someone if you can imagine them being happy? 

A “strong” ego is indeed going to fight for its position. Someone who is open isn’t heavely identified with their own beliefs and can see clearly where another person is coming from. It’s always about healing parts of the self/ego 

Just now, DrewNows said:

A “strong” ego is indeed going to fight for its position. Someone who is open isn’t heavely identified with their own beliefs and can see clearly where another person is coming from. It’s always about healing parts of the self/ego 

Let's take my case with Truth Addict, I am imagining him super filthy rich, famous photographer, all his desires complete, wise and caring with people. My point is that you don't have to kill your individuality in the process of change.

7 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

This matches an aphorism in the Work - Our Being Attracts our life.

last sentiment- peace to everyone

Cheers man. And you’re totally right the title is actually a projection 

Ps glad you enjoyed that Teal Swan vid, quite enjoyed it as well, never actually thought in terms of superego 

@Zigzag Idiot

11 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

How is this Title not a projection in itself?

Have you ever worked in marketing? I did. And I know what attracts people.

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

@Zigzag Idiot

No, I've never worked in marketing,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

3 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

Let's take my case with Truth Addict, I am imagining him super filthy rich, famous photographer, all his desires complete, wise and caring with people. My point is that you don't have to kill your individuality in the process of change.

I'm super poor. Not famous at all. Have never been with a girl in bed. A lot of childhood traumas.

Wise and caring are true.

See? You know nothing about me.

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Zigzag Idiot

you believe you do

11 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

Okay well you misunderstand maybe as I don’t advocate any sort of “killing”, only making whole the various parts of us we have suppressed or falsely limited ourselves to

Edited by DrewNows

1 minute ago, Aeris said:

you believe you do

My beliefs are true, because I want them to be so :P

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I'm super poor. Not famous at all. Have never been with a girl in bed. A lot of childhood traumas.

Wise and caring are true.

See? You know nothing about me.

That was a wish dude, i am imagining you being happy and that's how is thought it would be for you in my head.

Maybe we could consider we are all on the same team to a degree. All under the umbrella of self improvement but perhaps different denominations! I don't mean to specifically use religious language here but it kind of fits from where i sit.

Also some of us are more prone to feeling violated or offended or spoken down to. Things we have been doing for years and years will not disappear over night.

Some of us go after 'justice' more vigorously than others if we feel wronged, judged or misunderstood. 

I learnt than anger is one negative emotional state that we are likely to hold on to. There can be reluctance to let anger go in my experience. Most other negative emotional states we want to be free of ASAP I believe. Anger not so much. The David Hawkins book taught me a lot about this. 

I'm 44 years old and it's taken years and years to be less reactive and defensive with internet debates and such. To not take things personally.

In surrendering you can have victory.

To look the other way and let some shit go is a habit I feel that needs practice. It goes against instinct. 

On this forum I have no position to defend. I have nothing to fight for.