Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K VIL

How long does it normally take you to actualize your top values?

4 posts in this topic

for the masses, or niche followers of this masterpiece, im curious to know how becoming more conscious manifests in your actions.

I'm asking for concrete examples.

What I'm really open to is how can I convert the fact that I'm aware of what I'm doing to change. I want to pace myself so im asking for estimates.

What change were you after? How long did it take?

Extra prompts,

What did you wrestle with on your way there? Do you struggle to sustain the change?

Does it feel like it's more will power or awareness to stay aligned with your top values?

Practise.

Me personally I got mentored by a ton of good hearted men who had been there done that. They acted as examples but gave me unspoken permission to be the man I want to be.

A good woman I fell in love with and met saw the spark in me and pretty much wouldn't tolerate me swaying off from my values.

How does it feel to live your values?

Best way to describe is what Jordan Peterson spoke on authenticity. Your body feels in harmony and aligned.

You feel out of integrity when you feel split ghostly and dis-integrated. Your spine and skeleton feels non correct.

Having a spine means living your values. Its not directly about confrontation its about standing up straight for your truth.

Yes I wrestled my way there a bit.

The real cause was I would spend months feeling like a slave and not living my values. Until one day I just had enough.

If you read my 30 day meditstion insights, one of the biggest things I got was "quit waiting to be the man you want to be."

Hope this helps. Trust yourself and dont let others set your code, you follow yours and act from that.

Here is the exercise.

Dont get tangled in the jordan Peteron debates based on whether one likes him or not. Take the ideas you like and abandon everything else 

This was the best Peterson item I ever found and yes i live by it. The result is you feel more like a Samurai and less like a sandwhich on the floor.

https://highexistence.com/jordan-peterson-authenticity/

@K VIL I am still lost where you are... There are a couple of values inherent in my nature that require no "work" to fully actualize... The rest make me feel like a hypocrite... that I can't yet fully embody these essences that uphold so ultimately... please let me know if you get any major insights here, discover any ultimate techniques, etc... thanks :)