Joseph Maynor

Check Out My Interview With Zzenn

52 posts in this topic

Leo currently has me banned from posting or responding to PM messages.

Posted (edited)

Joseph, let's dance and sing kumbaya while holding our hands!!!!

Edited by abrakamowse

The Matrix is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Morpheus (The Matrix)

@Joseph Maynor I've been there for over a decade. I do look at myself as 'Indian.' I don't have the same impression. I hope you enjoy your trip.

I watched about the first 10 minutes and can see you guys discuss good stuff. Your comments on India and enlightenment was something I never even thought of.

I might go and watch the full thing sometime.

By the way its cool to see you on video, helps get a better grasp of how you express yourself vs just text.

@Joseph Maynor I had a hard time going there (from the US). I told ppl that I'm moving out of town, and they asked, "where?" I should have known better than to tell them the truth. When I said it, they looked at me funny and kept calling me, "Slum Dog Millionaire." I knew I was with the wrong ppl. I knew I had to cut them off. So I did.

If you don't like to experience poverty, don't go to "bad" places. Go to a five star hotel, like Taj Hotel, New Delhi. Shop at places like Shoppers Stop and the surrounding malls. There you'll get a lavish experience. We're not living in Buddha's time where your caste defines who you are. Yes, Buddha had the guts to step outside his palace and not worry anymore that he was of the Rajput caste. He didn't care if he died by doing that. Yes, he ended up helping the homeless. But, we're not living in ancient times. We don't have to worry about our death just because we stepped outside our "caste" or comfort zone. It's wayyyyy more advanced than that in India.

The reason why I said this is because I'm not interested in staying in my own backyard. However, if I go across the world like that, there is a difference between staying there for only two weeks and staying there for more than a decade, and thinking of yourself as "one of them," regardless.

You said in one of your post in the forum that I can't be pigeonholed. You're right. Now you know why, a little more. I don't like to pigeonhole anything else in life, not ppl, not places. I like accurateness and truth.

@Joseph Maynor

Thank you 😊

I've just finished watching the first part, and there's a lot of interesting discussions.

It's also nice to see you on camera, Joseph. I like your charisma, and I hope to see more videos in the future, especially if you are willing to start teaching.

👍

42 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

By the way its cool to see you on video, helps get a better grasp of how you express yourself vs just text

Same. Appreciate the share Joseph 🙏

Posted (edited)

I think it's good for people to see me because I think the way that I come off in text doesn't really reflect the person that I am.  I'm actually a very nice guy.  There are pros and cons to text communication and a lot of projections are made that you can cut through when you see and speak with someone verbally.  I love you guys, and I know I can be tough, but it's coming from a good place in me.  I hope these videos help you understand and sympathize with me more.  I made these videos for everyone.  I think you guys can see here I'm coming from much better.  I was surprisingly able to reveal a lot of my views in that short amount of time.  Also you guys can see that Zzenn is also a very smart and caring teacher too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Joe Maynor says near the end of the first video that he used to be like Leo, "I was really in my own head...like a teenager going through a phase", around the 37:00 mark. 

I mean really?  All I hear is mumbo-jumbo from you, sorry.  I really had an open mind coming into this and planned to watch all 3 videos, don't think I can now.

55 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Joe Maynor says near the end of the first video that he used to be like Leo, "I was really in my own head...like a teenager going through a phase", around the 37:00 mark. 

I mean really?  All I hear is mumbo-jumbo from you, sorry.  I really had an open mind coming into this and planned to watch all 3 videos, don't think I can now.

Im not quite as critical but I have to agree. Especially hearing about how you guys discussed enlightenment within the first video. Enlightenment has nothing to do with stories, ideologies, or language. Leo has made this ABUNDANTLY clear from the beginning. The unspirituality dude does not seem to appreciate the nuances of epistemology which is a corner stone of enlightenment as far as Im concerned. If one cannot recognize what knowledge, language, and mind are from a perspective of epistemology, you’re screwed.

Furthermore, Leo literally is not a substance dualist, has said multiple times over to never believe a word he says, and just like... idk where all of this criticism is coming from other than an ego backlash. It’s both hilarious  and deeply fascinating watching this guy’s lack of understand unfold. It actually helps frame and appreciate Leo’s work even more. 

Joseph you should study Peter Ralston’s work if Leo’s work has stopped resonating with you. The dude has a much more down to earth approach without using religious language but still hammering the point home that the human mind cannot know truth. If you cant understand why the human mind cannot know truth, or how the egoic self is an illusion even on a conceptual level, well Im afraid you may be screwed pt. 2. 

7 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Im not quite as critical but I have to agree. Especially hearing about how you guys discussed enlightenment within the first video. Enlightenment has nothing to do with stories, ideologies, or language. Leo has made this ABUNDANTLY clear from the beginning. The unspirituality dude does not seem to appreciate the nuances of epistemology which is a corner stone of enlightenment as far as Im concerned. If one cannot recognize what knowledge, language, and mind are from a perspective of epistemology, you’re screwed.

Furthermore, Leo literally is not a substance dualist, has said multiple times over to never believe a word he says, and just like... idk where all of this criticism is coming from other than an ego backlash. It’s both hilarious  and deeply fascinating watching this guy’s lack of understand unfold. It actually helps frame and appreciate Leo’s work even more. 

Joseph you should study Peter Ralston’s work if Leo’s work has stopped resonating with you. The dude has a much more down to earth approach without using religious language but still hammering the point home that the human mind cannot know truth. If you cant understand why the human mind cannot know truth, or how the egoic self is an illusion even on a conceptual level, well Im afraid you may be screwed pt. 2. 

Thanks.  I don't need any more teachers regarding Enlightenment.  I'm done.  That doesn't mean my work is done, but my chase for Enlightenment is over.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Consilience said:

@Joseph Maynor What is your work’s aim exactly? If you dont mind answering

I have a cornucopia of personal development teachings in the works.  I think what's great about talking is you can cover so many more issues that writing because its so much easier to talk than to write.  So, ya'll really got a nice taste of how I think about Enlightenment from these videos that I've been struggling to try to convey in language for a long time on here.  That frustration to communicate my ideas is now over and I can move on.  Zzenn was really good conversation partner and was great at drawing the stuff out of me in a way where I was able to just get a lot out in that short amount of time.  Maybe I'll experiment with doing a podcast and audios along with other means of producing personal development works.  Writing too since I am a great writer.  I got a lot of work to be doing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Leo says to investigate his teachings,

and yet,

When i made the comment that the forum members were behaving like a cult, i was banned for 3 days for pointing out issues with the thinking.

Investigate teachings?

Be open minded?

Then why such a restriction on a sincere observation from myself?

He is anything but clear.

He does not stand by anything he says. Just spiritual soup.

My pursuit for this so called enlightenment is also ended.

I have attained it enough.

Back to chopping wood and carrying water.

And i dont need a rubber stamp from anyone else to confirm my enlightenment.

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Leo says to investigate his teachings,

and yet,

When i made the comment that the forum members were behaving like a cult, i was banned for 3 days for pointing out issues with the thinking.

Investigate teachings?

Be open minded?

Then why such a restriction on a sincere observation from myself?

He is anything but clear.

He does not stand by anything he says. Just spiritual soup.

Yeah there's some concerning dynamics going on regarding the moderation on here.  I think my days are numbered on here.  Leadership is tricky and not everybody has it.  I can deal with a lot of things, but hypocrisy and double-standards are hard for me to take.  I gotta live with integrity to myself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor A dangerous game you play Joe.

You have barely, barely begun consciousness work.

This is not an attack. Just an observation.

It's very easy to lead a lot of people astray.

This is not something you want to hear, but it needs to be said nevertheless.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Oh my god......I cant believe this shit. What the fuck.

The blanket is gone you are exposed.

@Leo Gura  Your forum has become a cesspool. You can call it censorship or whatever. But time to clean the pool of the bacteria infesting. This forum ain't going to harmonious until. Just letting any ass spew his garbage isn't helping anyone.