theking00

should i stop watching actualized.org?

53 posts in this topic

@theking00 yeah there's too much talk about what enlightenment is in terms of concepts. 

The idea that "you are God" is extremely easy to be misinterpreted. Many people criticise Leo for it, but honestly it's what Hindus have been saying forever. And here's the thing which I think is important. These ideas that Non-dual teachers give you aren't to be believed, but the human mind cannot do anything but believe them. 

I think the best thing to do is just throw away as many ideas as you can about god/reality. Do not make any images of God, that's the best thing I've heard from religion. Although you have to take it to an even greater extreme than religious people do. 

Honestly, I feel like the best approach I've had with success in meditation is to try and forget about everything I've read/learned about non-duality, forget about all my past memories and experiences with non-duality. So forget the word god, forget the word nothing. 

These concepts about enlightenment are like a ladder which should quickly be disposed of. The concepts can maybe serve the role of introducing u to the idea of very deep, metaphysical deep work. But once you know what sort of practices to do, get rid of the concepts.

The thing is, with some of the things Leo says I have zero experience so I have to be careful that I don't believe him. The point of life? To me it all sounds like mental masturbation. For me personally, hearing all these things will just cloud my mind with concepts. 

If you're still interested in enlightenment/consciousness, listen to different teachers. Right now I'm a big fan of reading Peter Ralston. 

In my view, the best thing to do is to forget yourself in order to know yourself. Empty the cup as much as you can with direct observation of yourself. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Sorry for the long blank space in my quotations folks, it's google chrome somehow doing that, I don't know how to fix it. 

37 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@theking00

If you're still interested in enlightenment/consciousness, listen to different teachers. Right now I'm a big fan of reading Peter Ralston. 

Thanks for your post. Can I quickly butt in and ask you if there is anything specific that particularly draws you to Peter Ralston? I've not read any of his stuff or listened to him yet. 

@lmfao Yes what you are speaking about can be also viewed as mistaking the map for the territory.

Our egoic minds wanna do this to keep us far away from Truth.

So once you have studied the map, put it away and go find the territory for yourself.  No one else can do this but you.

Peter Ralston is really good too for studying the map too.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I will say one last thing ok. People don't just end up on this site, or being aware of nonduality without having some kind of mental or physical ailment (something wrong with them). It's just an observation of mine...just a very consistent one. Sometimes it's a personality disorder, sometimes it's someone who has massive depression, maybe someone who's just a real loser or anything else that causes you pain. The kind of suffering that is usually constant (every day). It might even be something as small as not being good looking and having low self esteem or something. So then a further point I would make to you mate, is this...if you are suffering on a daily basis with anything...any mental health issues or anything...is this life better than the life where you discover that all of this shit is actually true? If your suffering is it maybe worth it to give it a shot. Sure you've heard that meditation is good for the mind anyway, what do you have to lose. Then just allow yourself to melt into God's presence, you won't know what that means, but that's exactly the point! You aren't meant to know it, your meant to EXPERIENCE it

I'm sure a lot of people get into it for self help but not all. I was shown Leo after having a profound trip and I got to watch his content tripping. Blew my mind. I wanted to try and wrap my mind around the dozens of insights I had. 

I am coming back to the OP's question.

@theking00 Yes, I think you should stay away from what doesn't resonate with you on your spiritual seeking journey. If you're finding things "complicated", it means that the message is not touching where it's supposed to. Never forget that the main goal is to improve the quality of the life you experience, not to get lost in your mind and trampled by thoughts, concepts and beliefs.

unborn Truth

6 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@theking00 Never forget that the main goal is to improve the quality of the life you experience, not to get lost in your mind and trampled by thoughts, concepts and beliefs.

Yes thanks. I needed to hear that as well. Easy to forget. 

18 hours ago, theking00 said:

I want to improve my self esteem and work on my shadow. 

Read Joseph Maynor's journals for Shadow work. He's done a great job at that.

5 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

Sorry for the long blank space in my quotations folks, it's google chrome somehow doing that, I don't know how to fix it. 

Insert an emoji in both the lines before and after the quotation(s). Select the emojis while the quotation(s) being in between. Remove.

On 5/24/2019 at 0:05 AM, theking00 said:

i have tried self inquiry before. self inquiry is quite scary . 

@theking00 bro...harden up. If you can't take suffering you might as well not do spiritual work.

On 24/05/2019 at 2:10 PM, Bill W said:

Thanks for your post. Can I quickly butt in and ask you if there is anything specific that particularly draws you to Peter Ralston? I've not read any of his stuff or listened to him yet. 

He talks in a very clear, humble and straightforward manner. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.