howdoistopobsessing

Do we live everyone's life an infinite amount of times?

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

Sure. It's kind of like multiverse theory. 

What happens if you collapse the order-chaos duality? ?

Then the infinity theory is correct.  This world is way too perfect for that theory to fit though.  Is it one of the infinite possibilities? Yes, but most possiblities would be just random atoms floating around making no sense.  There are trillions upon trillions of atoms in the world and they line up perfectly to make what we experience today.  

What are the chances I wake up tomorrow and its not just all randomness? Under this infinity theory, than its like 1/1000000000 etc. Probably not though, because there is order, rules, etc.

Edited by SerpaeTetra

Well, you say that consciousness and not this ego will experience all lives.  Right. But doesn't that mean that all egos will be experienced? And identified with? It is a freaky notion... of course only one ego is experienced at once, but I have to admit that this is a scary idea. Like in this life I got lucky but the next one might be horrible... I do agree that it's all conceptual, though. Mind games, in a way.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

2 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Then the infinity theory is correct.  This world is way too perfect for that theory to fit though.  Is it one of the infinite possibilities? Yes, but most possiblities would be just random atoms floating around making no sense.  There are trillions upon trillions of atoms in the world and they line up perfectly to make what we experience today.  

What are the chances I wake up tomorrow and its not just all randomness? Under this infinity theory, than its like 1/1000000000 etc. Probably not though, because there is order, rules, etc.

Be careful not to confuse the map for the territory. Right now we are discussing a proper model but when infinity is said there is an experience behind it that is mind shattering. You could theorize all day about it. 

49 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Well, you say that consciousness and not this ego will experience all lives.  Right. But doesn't that mean that all egos will be experienced? And identified with? It is a freaky notion... of course only one ego is experienced at once, but I have to admit that this is a scary idea. Like in this life I got lucky but the next one might be horrible... I do agree that it's all conceptual, though. Mind games, in a way.

You are correct. The more awareness you get over the ego the less it'll be scary. For the ego to not take on the identity as consciousness but to actually deconstruct that identity. 

41 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Be careful not to confuse the map for the territory. Right now we are discussing a proper model but when infinity is said there is an experience behind it that is mind shattering. You could theorize all day about it. 

You are correct. The more awareness you get over the ego the less it'll be scary. For the ego to not take on the identity as consciousness but to actually deconstruct that identity. 

Ok, that is my thought from the get-go.  That no one knows the specifics.  But we got here by you theorizing it in the first place, by confirming that we will experience all possible infinite realms and you are confident about that.  That can be debated, and we need to be more open minded.

23 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Ok, that is my thought from the get-go.  That no one knows the specifics.  But we got here by you theorizing it in the first place, by confirming that we will experience all possible infinite realms and you are confident about that.  That can be debated, and we need to be more open minded.

I am backing out of all the theorizing to because it's not too helpful to someone who doesn't actually know what is being pointed to. Infinity can be conveyed in many ways which is why I say don't cling to any specific model too much. People do know the specifics but the specifics are behind experience and get translated into mental models. The specifics are pre-language. Pre-thought. So you really are gonna have to experience infinity to some degree to see why what is being said is being said. 

Saying you are infinite and God and limitless is much more profound than what language could ever convey. They are just some of the closest concepts to it. 

Edited by Shadowraix

On 5/30/2019 at 1:17 AM, Shadowraix said:

I am backing out of all the theorizing to because it's not too helpful to someone who doesn't actually know what is being pointed to. Infinity can be conveyed in many ways which is why I say don't cling to any specific model too much. People do know the specifics but the specifics are behind experience and get translated into mental models. The specifics are pre-language. Pre-thought. So you really are gonna have to experience infinity to some degree to see why what is being said is being said. 

Saying you are infinite and God and limitless is much more profound than what language could ever convey. They are just some of the closest concepts to it. 

This is why it is so confusing for me.  It feels like you got into this thread begging to theorize, and as soon as you are backed in a corner, you just say that you don't want to theorize.  At the same time, I buy into the fact that one can't communicate Infinity, or else I wouldn't be here..

Half-truths also don't make sense to me, so that builds credibility on your side.  I think I just need 5-MEO, but I have no idea where to buy, someone please shoot me a message.

30 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

This is why it is so confusing for me.  It feels like you got into this thread begging to theorize, and as soon as you are backed in a corner, you just say that you don't want to theorize.  At the same time, I buy into the fact that one can't communicate Infinity, or else I wouldn't be here..

Half-truths also don't make sense to me, so that builds credibility on your side.  I think I just need 5-MEO, but I have no idea where to buy, someone please shoot me a message.

Yes, I caught myself theorizing too much. So I needed to change this. When I say you experience everything and so on, that is correct to me in the sense that is how I translated my experiences of it to best convey it to others. Somebody else might translates it differently and then a conflict over accuracy occurs despite it pointing to the same thing. And the mess gets deeper when you consider the different "levels" of awakening. My understanding is incomplete as all understanding is. SO yeah I don't got this completely figured out. But what I do know is what I have experienced.

I thought I could use my understanding to help people who have freaked themselves out a bit over this whole infinity and experiencing everything thing. But I don't think I accomplished that.

Edited by Shadowraix

19 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Yes, I caught myself theorizing too much. So I needed to change this. When I say you experience everything and so on, that is correct to me in the sense that is how I translated my experiences of it to best convey it to others. Somebody else might translates it differently and then a conflict over accuracy occurs despite it pointing to the same thing. And the mess gets deeper when you consider the different "levels" of awakening. My understanding is incomplete as all understanding is. SO yeah I don't got this completely figured out. But what I do know is what I have experienced.

I thought I could use my understanding to help people who have freaked themselves out a bit over this whole infinity and experiencing everything thing. But I don't think I accomplished that.

I appreciate the upfront answer and I think what we have debated will definitely help me on my journey, so thank you.