EvilAngel

This is the biggest realisation I have ever had

19 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone has been following my "story", but I made a post called "detachment from suffering" a few weeks ago. 

I just wanted to share and elaborate on what I've learned recently. I don't want to blow my own trumpet. I'm not here to try and demonstrate how enlightened I am. But this is really something that could be life-changing for you if you put this into practice. 

This is what I've learned: suffering is real. It is constant for some people. The Buddha said "life is suffering", if I'm correct. 

But.... and this is a big but... You are not the sufferer! 

I have been meditating for 4 hours a day, every day for the past 13 months. I also started self inquiry a few months ago. The meditation was quite tricky at first. I felt tense, angry, and my monkey mind would not slow down. Then after about 7 months I had an enlightenment experience after watching Leo's "most shocking truth" video. I was in a state of bliss for ten days, but then my ego resurfaced and I found myself in hell again. 

And then I started self inquiry. This is the most important thing. Because this has helped me separate the awareness that I AM from the suffering "me". 

Some people just watch their thoughts when they meditate. They recognise: these thoughts are not me. But have you recognised that you can also watch your suffering in exactly the same way? What I mean is that you can have a visceral experience of suffering (i.e. actually feel the suffering in your nerves) yet not be effected by it! 

For anyone who has not started self inquiry, I HIGHLY recommend it. 

The most important question you can ask during self inquiry is "am I suffering?" You may find that your awareness detaches from the suffering. It will still be there, but YOU will not suffer. You may find yourself smiling and laughing at the suffering, as you will see it is no more a part of you than the wall/floor/ceiling. 

Hope this helps. ?

Ps. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer. 

I got it aswell, asking "god" to litteraly with pure will, truth or kill me. my mind breakdown & tear of joy & pain, beauty.

I don't think this is a state of bliss ( but it was indeed ), it was confusing as hell and my mind was like on a mild dose of LSD for almost 2 weeks.

we all tend to call that enlightment or whatever, I think that's just the shell of our illusion that has been shattered, a litteral and physical awakening.

I don't think this "state" can be hold, I think that's what our society call schizophrénia. ( for me it was like being loaded on "serotonin" )

I don't think meditation is the only game in town, cause I almost never did, a lot of self inquiry and philosophy about the source of "me".

Edited by Aeris

@cetus56 welcome ?

@Aeris@Aeris... This state can be held. You can learn to create this state at will. Not schizophrenia. Schizophrenics suffer greatly. 

@ajasatya Thankyou! :D

See? It can really be discovered by one but who listens? 

Edited by tedens

6 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@cetus56 welcome ?

@Aeris@Aeris... This state can be held. You can learn to create this state at will. Not schizophrenia. Schizophrenics suffer greatly. 

@ajasatya Thankyou! :D

yes maybe I didn't experienced Schizophrénia, bad choice of word.

but I think it is related and close, but with control / awareness.

where skyzophrénia is awakening with no grounding, no integration, just getting to see the ox with not knowing what is an ox.

or maybe I just use this label without enough conceptual awareness on my side, so bad choice of word.

Nice.  Yes suffering by the Ego can be harnessed in a sense towards Awakening.

During your mystical experience were their any facets of the Absolute revealed to you?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

During your mystical experience were their any facets of the Absolute revealed to you?

Yes. I went out one night during those ten days and saw myself (God) in everyone's eyes.

@EvilAngel Similar to what happened to Eckhart Tolle. One night in desperation he uttered, "I can't live with myself any longer" This triggered a question/inquiry, "Who is 'I' and who is 'myself'... are there two?" That's when the shift happened. The next morning he woke up with a completely fresh outlook on life, as a liberated being.

37 minutes ago, Aeris said:

where skyzophrénia is awakening with no grounding, no integration, just getting to see the ox with not knowing what is an ox.

I agree with that, that's what happened to me.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, EvilAngel said:

Some people just watch their thoughts when they meditate. They recognise: these thoughts are not me. But have you recognised that you can also watch your suffering in exactly the same way? What I mean is that you can have a visceral experience of suffering (i.e. actually feel the suffering in your nerves) yet not be effected by it! 

Thanks a lot! I had that realization some weeks ago. I am beginning to use it more and more...

Thanks again!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

To everyone thanking me, you're very welcome. Glad to share this insight.

3 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

I don't know if anyone has been following my "story", but I made a post called "detachment from suffering" a few weeks ago. 

I just wanted to share and elaborate on what I've learned recently. I don't want to blow my own trumpet. I'm not here to try and demonstrate how enlightened I am. But this is really something that could be life-changing for you if you put this into practice. 

This is what I've learned: suffering is real. It is constant for some people. The Buddha said "life is suffering", if I'm correct. 

But.... and this is a big but... You are not the sufferer! 

I have been meditating for 4 hours a day, every day for the past 13 months. I also started self inquiry a few months ago. The meditation was quite tricky at first. I felt tense, angry, and my monkey mind would not slow down. Then after about 7 months I had an enlightenment experience after watching Leo's "most shocking truth" video. I was in a state of bliss for ten days, but then my ego resurfaced and I found myself in hell again. 

And then I started self inquiry. This is the most important thing. Because this has helped me separate the awareness that I AM from the suffering "me". 

The most important question you can ask during self inquiry is "am I suffering?" You may find that your awareness detaches from the suffering. It will still be there, but YOU will not suffer. You may find yourself smiling and laughing at the suffering, as you will see it is no more a part of you than the wall/floor/ceiling. 

Hope this helps. ?

Ps. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer. 

Wow nice man!!! I had mild depression the other day and then had the idea to observe it as i am the one observing it and it just magically dissipated.  I know i am on the right path.

Thanks

Edited by Joker_Theory

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory Yes, exactly man, you are the awareness - not the depression, anxiety or any other mood for that matter!

43 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@Joker_Theory Yes, exactly man, you are the awareness - not the depression, anxiety or any other mood for that matter!

Sweet just need some practice. :)

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory 

Just start doing self inquiry, and do it hardcore...sit down and eliminate all the things you think you are...i.e. the body/thoughts/voice in the head. It shouldn't take too long before you realise what you REALLY are. You may find yourself saying to yourself "I am awareness. I am awareness. I am awareness." But be careful as this is just the voice in your head, not the actual thing itself.