Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDLH

Are you projecting Dark Arrows

2 posts in this topic

I have been observing some of the most recent heated posts and feel this may help bring some awareness to my brothers and sisters when responding or projecting your thoughts on this open forum.  I would like to share the following teaching I received several years back when I was studying Shamanism.

Picture a warrior with bow, quiver and arrows. The bow is a symbol for you as "self," aiming at the target of life. The quiver, your bag of physical and spiritual resources, contains seven dark arrows, seven light arrows, and seven rainbow arrows.  These arrows represent the decisions and choices you make from moment to moment about how you direct the energies of your life experience.

We are in the dark mirror when we seek validation for self outside of self, looking for emotional approval, mental recognition, physical security, and /or spiritual acceptance from others. When this occurs in our life, we are out of balance and we give away our power, picking up one or more dark arrows to aim at the target of life. The seven dark arrows are: attachment, dependency, judgment, comparison, expectation, the needy child syndrome, and ego self-importance. It is the dark arrows that keep us stuck in our patterns and in karma, with low self-esteem and a negative, skewed approach to life and the world.

We are in the light mirror when we carry within ourselves self-reliance and personal happiness regardless of how others perceive us and react to us.  We are now empowered to be all we can be, gaining individuality, transforming karma into dharma, and picking up the seven light arrows in the process. The light arrows are: self-awareness, self-appreciation, self-acceptance, self-pleasure, self-love, self-actualization, and impeccability (always doing the best you can whenever you can, and if you could do better you would).

Each time we pick up a light arrow we break a dark one, and through this process of transformation we are gifted with a rainbow arrow. The seven rainbow arrows are: illumination, introspection, trust and innocence, wisdom, open heart-to-heart communication, balance of male and female energies, and abundance and prosperity. We are now fully matured, self-actualizing humans.

Source of information:        Song of the Deer by Thunder Strikes and Jan Orsi. and

http://www.thewildrose.net     Lyn "Starflyer" Hopkins and Shama, Cht, CDC, TDE

One of the teachings I received on the Shamanic path that still bites me in the ass is:

“Self importance is nothing more than a mask for Self Pity”.

Sincerely and with Gratitude!

Edited by TDLH