Ayla

Who Is Your Favorite (awakened) Artist?

29 posts in this topic

Do you admire any artist? 

Mine is Marina Abramović... :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I thought all artists were neurotics :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

yeahhhh... but you are one too :P 

Artist that is.. O.o

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

There's countless brilliant artists out there giving out the truth in their music and other arts like movies, books and video games etc.

I don't really have a favorite band or artist but Angels and Airwaves are really good and Twenty One Pilots and Theocracy and many many others.

Artists have the potential to be less neurotic than the rest of the population because they have an authentic form of expression. It's through art that one can overcome mental illness, suffering, etc. To be an artist is to be awake. Especially when inspired. I believe art and enlightenment are holding hands at the top of the mountain. 

Just now, Erica said:

Artists have the potential to be less neurotic than the rest of the population because they have an authentic form of expression. It's through art that one can overcome mental illness, suffering, etc. To be an artist is to be awake. Especially when inspired. I believe art and enlightenment are holding hands at the top of the mountain. 

This exactly :) everybody be so judgmental but in a perfect world we'd  all be artists (or great scientists/researchers etc but still with a creative mind)

Tobias Sammet hands down! He is a german musician and he created the epic band Avantasia (and also his own band Edguy).

Avantasia is a huge metal/rock opera assemble of the best Rock singers out there. Tobias himself of course, then Michael Kiske, Jorn Lande and Bob Catley! And many more. The music is always a story, and it feels like the story is always the heros journey, and also it strangely resembles the self-actualization path. Tobias writes all his lyrics himself. They are so deep and wise, sometimes I cannot believe he came up with it alone. I think he must be a committed student of personal development, it cannot be other way. In his songs he covers the search for meaning, for truth and the fight against the illusion. 

The latest album from Avantasia, Ghostlights, is one of their very best. "Let the storm descend upon you" is a masterpiece, just listen to it!

My favourite song is "The seven angels" from their second album, for me both those songs resemble personal development. Psychology, Philosophy, Spirituality. And the music is soo amazing, the singers too of course" Jorn, Bob and Micheal are legends!

Also listen to Luzifer...I really believe this song is about the ego ;)  with Jorn aka the ego aka luzifer! The best part starts at minute 2. (the lyrics in that video are wrong tho, don't watch it, just listen)

Edited by Coach Vito

the poet Jalaluddin Rumi

“The way of love is not
a subtle argument.

The door there
is devastation.

Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?

They fall, and falling,
they're given wings.”

Messiaen.. A giant in the classical scene.

Keanu Reeves !!! I watch his movies several times and the messages that he gives changed my life!!

@lightnessofbeing Mevlana was born in my country and his teachings are known by heart in these lands. I feel lucky when I see people from other countries also like him!

sad_keanu.jpg

The correct answer is obviously George Harrison

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Considering those lyrics, I can't imagine there is not something about enlightenment hidden in there by 30 seconds to mars' Jared Leto

Edited by Curious30

18 hours ago, Ayla said:

Do you admire any artist? 

Mine is Marina Abramović... :)

I enjoy Marina Abramovic too. She's done some pretty extreme work, like the one where she allowed bypassers to do whatever they wanted to her for an entire day. I remember that one person cut her hair, other people cut her clothes off, and another person bit her nipple. But if I had to pick a favorite, I like Wangechi Mutu. Her work makes me think of the subconscious projecting itself onto the outside world 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Plaaastic she travels the world, blogging, taking photos, &allegedly earns money by street dance performances, and has a killer fashion sense! I wish I had the courage to live like that.

Diplo, Skrillex, also in love with Grimes, she's so innovative. I love music too much so I could probably name 100 artists that inspire me in some way. 

Idk about awakened but Karl Lagerfeld is sick af. I really admire him & his work ethic.

Edited by shouldnt

Stev jobs is not awakened.. But I really admire his work for the world.. Really in my heart. Without him... We would never be writing on our computers this elegantly and simply.

jobs was zen .... He was passionate about helping others

Christopher-Nolan.jpg

Consistently brilliant, thought-provoking mindfuck movies.

@Ayla i love her work. Gives me goose bumps and thoughtful insights of what humans are capable of doing to another human being

I love to Listen Alan Watts breaking down the universe. The voice and the charisma are crazy.