Joseph Maynor

New Critical Review Of Leo's Philosophy

96 posts in this topic

Duality and non-duality are absolutely identical.

You can become conscious of this.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31o7k4.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Lol

I should make a video about angels and aliens, just to watch such folks shit their pants.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A closed mind is an easy thing to trigger. It's so fragile it needs to debunk everything that's not its own.

It's a form of intellectual insecurity and weakness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Haha. This forum is on fire lately. It was always like this, right?  From the first person ever to wake up to this forum. 

Now crucify him!!!  Haha

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

"Evidence"

Based on the reasearch of someone you never saw, on a paper you never read, and an experiment you never did.

9_9

Materialist xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

"Evidence"

Based on the reasearch of someone you never saw, on a paper you never read, and an experiment you never did.

9_9

Materialist xD

Are you a student of Shin Buddhism?

"If you could float above the earth and become aware of all the negativity that is going on, you would never laugh again. The world is ruled by negative emotions." - Ocke de Boer

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

48 minutes ago, Shin said:

31o7k4.jpg

But isn't Leo debunking everyone too?  Think things through better.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A closed mind is an easy thing to trigger. It's so fragile it needs to debunk everything that's not its own.

It's a form of intellectual insecurity and weakness.

And it can hide behind innocent observations like it's above what it's pointing to.

Hi leo!

Edited by Truth Addict

My god, I wish I had the strength to debunk this guy. I wish I could be bothered to write a better critique of his critique. 
Science is a third person perspective endeavor.
You assume that you are apart from your personal experience, and that you are apart from other people.
Then, you perform experiments and agree or disagree (with other people) on your results to establish the basis for shared knowledge.

How are you ever supposed to realize the underlying unity if you assume so many layers of separation from the get-go?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:

My god, I wish I had the strength to debunk this guy. I wish I could be bothered to write a better critique of his critique. 
Science is a third person perspective endeavor.
You assume that you are apart from your personal experience, and that you are apart from other people.
Then, you perform experiments and agree or disagree on the results to establish the basis for shared knowledge.

How are you ever supposed to realize the underlying unity if you assume so many layers of separation from the get-go?

You're always coming to Leo's defense no matter what.  You're kind of a loyal rather than an independent-minded guy I've determined.  I would love to see you have the cajones to think for yourself and to take some shots for what you believe in where you're going up against some kind of adversity.  I don't want to use the word "cowardice", but it comes to mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You're always coming to Leo's defense no matter what.  You're kind of a loyal rather than an independent-minded guy I've determined.  I would love to see you have the cajones to think for yourself and to take some shots for what you believe in where you're going up against some kind of adversity.  I don't want to use the word "cowardice", but it comes to mind.

Well, maybe you should take a closer look. The fact that I'm not challenging him does not imply that I'm not thinking independently.
I simply don't get caught up in my personal interpretations of what he's saying and offhandedly ask him to solve those problems for me (like you do).

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

29 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Well, maybe you should take a closer look. The fact that I'm not challenging him does not imply that I'm not thinking independently.
I simply don't get caught up in my personal interpretations of what he's saying and offhandedly ask him to solve those problems for me (like you do).

I've watched your responses over the course of a couple of days to make my determination.  This is not just a one off observation.  It's ok.  It is what it is.  It depends on what you want to do in your life.  But it's useful for me to know how other systems around me work.  I've learned so much about all of you on here from a systems standpoint.  Courage is a masculine personality trait and being high in courage is actually actually quite rare.  You have to be willing to have the whole world attack you and not flinch and stick to your truth regardless in kind of a "fuck it" or "so what" kind of way.  I don't think you have that personality trait.  You're more inclined to follow behind a strong leader and hide under his or her wing.  You don't want to fully put yourself out there.  A true masculine leader fully puts himself out there and takes the shots in so doing.  There's only a few people on here that I see have that personality trait.  High courage and high independent-mindedness are two good personality traits to have in personal development work.  You tend to support whoever has the most power in the context in which you're in.  You align yourself with that source of power and then support it thereby deriving your power in a parasitical kind of way.  There's a lot of people who do this, they're called sycophants.  This is very common in Asian culture where it's very collectivist and you're not supposed to sort of speak out of turn.  This is one of the worst cons of collectivism (as in pros and cons) in that it squelches independent-mindedness in favor of the harmony and existent hierarchy of the group.  It's an application of Leo's crabs in the bucket example.  But it's worse because it's not just a bucket of individual crabs but a hierarchy of crabs in a kind of symbiotic power-sharing relationship with one another.  Each crab gets his worth and power by the butt he kisses, he can't really be his own crab and get his power solely through himself.  It's a cult of crabs, a collectivism of crabs.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

I've watched your responses over the course of a couple of days to make my determination.  This is not just a one off observation.

Good for you. Your point is... ?
Are you offhandedly asking me to solve your interpretations for you, so that you can be at peace with my presence here?

I think this guy just hasn't watched Leo's previous, more basic enlightenment videos.  This video is labeled Advanced, so it skips a lot of the more detailed information about spiritual enlightenment.  He seems fairly intelligent, open minded, and definitely curious, so I think he is bound to eventually change his stance if he watches some of the older videos.

I think its fair of him to question some of the more specific interpretations.

Lmao no beliefs are the truth. What Leo is saying isn’t new information. People have been saying it for thousands of years. We are just so stuck in our bullshit beliefs and concepts that we don’t listen or open our minds. All this evidence searching and nitpicking his teachings are a huge distraction from truth. Wake Up. 

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You have to be willing to have the whole world attack you and not flinch and stick to your truth regardless in kind of a "fuck it" or "so what" kind of way.  I don't think you have that personality trait.  You're more inclined to follow behind a strong leader and hide under his wing.

Are you able to look past your sentiments and see that being who I am right now is as courageous and strong as challenging others left and right?
That is exactly what "letting the world attack you and not flinch" is. It is true, regardless of who you are externally.

Edited by tsuki