AlwaysBeNice

Greatest master of our time?

55 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

I don't think so, his life was dedicated to service and devotion, reminding people to love, and know themselves.

We already know that if you are the center of attention, you are bound to get slack, challenging the norm tend to get slack, talking about ego destroying spirituality will get you slack, giving people advice or putting them in their place will get you slack, being ecstatic will get you slack, behaving spontaneously will get you slack, being popular will get you slack, being different will get you slack, being sexual will get you slack, being successful will get you slack, being a leader will get you slack, being worshiped will definitely get you slack, doing nothing will get you slack. 

He did all of these things, don't be so quick to judge, society and conditioned ego doesn't tend to react well to spirituality or even love!, and this process is about the death of the ego, and people can fight back as if they are really being killed, in fact they often will even if you start pushing even a little bit.

I'm not surprised he got allegations made against him, not at all, and there are many testimonies speaking of his greatness.

Beezone, I lived with Adi Da. It was truly amazing. There is or was nothing like it. His condition was a 24/7 experience in his proximity....not something that was reserved for a retreat of some sort of lucky moment....it was full on all the time. All day all night. He was a constant source miracle really....his words were pregnant with his realization. He could be talking about sandwiches and you'd become God-realized from it. It was remarkable. I left. I don't care what ANYONE says....almost NOBODY was willing to bring their innocent sister to this scene.

Some long-term devotees shared that THEY were very reticent to bring family, and they weren't sure why. My feeling was that for some of us crazy spiritual cowboys, we'd risk it all with him. But this was NOT for everyone. It was not a simple road, this life with Da. It was the ultimate risk. It was a permanent thing. You can never back out, once you stepped inside that temple. He was dangerous. It was permanent, his presence. You could never retract it, NEVER. He had ridiculously powerful Siddhis that were manifest all the time, every time. He was far beyond any other "guru" I'd met....light years beyond. "RADICAL" in his own description....it was so far beyond the typical "teacher" scenario. A bazillion miles past shaktipat and all that adolescent stuff. This was so far outside the box, it was almost impossible to even get in the doors, let alone meet him, and for good reason. You had to be ready for this on some odd, never before level. The average "seeker" type would likely have a total breakdown, a crisis, and be carted off if they were allowed to get close to this massive, blazing event we call Adi Da. It's impossible to describe the implications of his presence here. IT WAS NOT JUST AN INTENSE VERSION OF WHAT WE KNOW HAS COME BEFORE- IT WAS UNPRECEDENTED IN THIS WORLD.....

For the record, it wasn't an energetic thing, which is sort of implied in this video. Far from it. Shaktipat was an energetic path. Adi Da was not that kind of thing you might be thinking of..... amplified. No sir. NOT THAT! His transmission was pure consciousness from pure consciousness and pure consciousness only, and had a distinctly different quality from the usual "energies" people either experience or associate with "spiritual" crap. It was BEYOND that entire realm of (heightened material energy)experience. That's why it was indeed radical. It immediately erased any prior idea as to what was spiritual transmission. Your cells knew it. IMMEDIATELY! It was all at once, like a tidal wave. It's not for the masses...I'm sorry, but it was not for the general public and maybe never will be. Unless you sat with him, his videos, the stories...they probably won't communicate the radical state or condition of being that I BECAME in that room as he meditated all of us into HIM. Maybe the videos will do it for some, but I'm not sure. Sitting with him was so incredible....you can't even describe it. Rick Archer ( nice guy) has one idea a bit off here. It wasn't like voltage. It wasn't that you couldn't "physically" handle the transmission. That's not why it was so intense. (although it was at the same time, intense ) BUT It was intense because of the absolute nature of his transmission- totally IT.....which shattered any experience or concept you ever had... which would make all these other supposed "awakened" people realize what fools they are, discussing non-duality and pretending to have some kind of "realization." All that goes out the window, in the presence of Da. Ken Wilbur retracted his "endorsement" of Adi Da, because he is a corporate Yogi and quite frankly, a self-deluded fool. He's nothing and his endorsement meant nothing to me at least. I thought his endorsement was a big zero... It was just Ken's need to associate himself with superior beings to validate himself somehow (which is not how it works hello). Then, when he found out that Da was controversial....he ran for the hills. He didn't want to jeopardize his phony businesses, so he played it safe, and said Da was good but bad but okay but not quite okay....Ken Wilbur has no clue. He's the Swami Rama of publishing. I'm sure he's done well in the yogic goldrush, formulated for fools and products and wellness retreats. The pathway to hell is paved by good publications.

Anyway...back to Adi Da. He was certainly controversial, there were some questionable things....but I loved him. And he was packing the ultimate heat and there was no fooling around about it. It was incredible. It was NOT for all people. It was too intense and too radical and too shattering. His devotees were cool. Courageous pioneers who went way out on a limb with it. They threw everything away and went on this crazy, wild event with Da. I loved those people, so much. Very cool....the whole crazy thing. It was....almost not believable that it could even happen. But it did happen. I was there. I love Da because of it (and his core devotees) It was so great, words will never do him justice, or the whole event. His core devotees....many so brilliant, so adept, and so courageous and adventurous, so loyal and so resilient....they deserve a big round of love applause because they served this madman Godman for their entire lives....and it wasn't easy at all. But it was truly great! If you're going to come to a world, what else would you rather do?

By the way it contains a misconception of Ken Wilber:

KEN WILBER: "I have not, and have never, renounced Da as Realizer, nor have I in any way abandoned my love and devotion for Him. . . . I have sat in satsang with Master Adi Da, and with numerous other great Adepts, and my own opinion is that Master Adi Da is the living Sat-Guru. . . Many people have made their way to Master Da because of my own writings. I am completely happy about that, and I hope I can continue that positive influence. At the same time, I have received an enormous amount of grief, from personal and professional quarters, for my endorsements. I do not regret those endorsements, nor do I retract them. . . . I affirm my own love and devotion to the living Sat-Guru, and I hope my work will continue to bring students to the Way of the Heart. . . . I send my best wishes and love to the Community, and a deep bow to Master Adi Da." https://www.adidawilber.com/writings.html

This video is also pretty interesting, he has a psychonaut history, also struggled with panic attacks, depression, a nice add to the the other official 'Adi Da recapitulates his divine history' video 

" The first time 10 year old Jessica Constantine met Adi Da, he commanded her to strip naked in front of a large group of adults, also naked, who were partying. She refused and ran away. Adi Da told some of his devotees to chase her down, and they brought her back and forced her to strip, against her will." 

Seriously ? greatest master ?

If that really happened, that doesn't sound good, but if you hadn't noticed, people also lie a lot. Not to mention all the reasons I just mentioned, but also in cases of law suits, money.

First you must understand the metric in which your are presupposing validates a great master to begin with. Otherwise there will just be subjective relativism flying around.

2 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

First you must understand the metric in which your are presupposing validates a great master to begin with. Otherwise there will just be subjective relativism flying around.

Well, you can experience a connection of truth when looking at someone even through a video, though I must say, having been with teachers IRL and seeing videos: seeing them in real life is like a completely different experience, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, way more direct, then the teacher if they are pure can really be done justice so to speak.

But still, these two in particular for me, are very profound even in video, and inspiring to look at and study: 

@AlwaysBeNice I will have to have a look for sure. I find it very difficult to announce a proficient master as it is always due to my opinion or that of others. So I think a useful Master depends on your level of receptivity as a human.

For me personally I like Rupert Spira, Eckhart Tolle, Sadhguru and Maharishi but this limited to what I know and I’m sure there are more advanced speakers. However, the most profound speaker of complex concepts converted into simple language would be Rupert Spira.

But to be honest my experience of consciousness is basically my master it shows to me what must be at the deepest level.

I am the greatest master!

What is this nonsense?

B R E A T H E

Anandamayi Ma. "The most perfect flower the Indian soil has produced."

Oof this one may really get ya (if you watch, watch it completely)

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

56 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Not the most complex and intellectual sage, but Peace Pilgrim, «the sage who walked her talk», is probably the most selfless, loving individual I’ve seen. She had no organizational backing, carried no money, and would not even ask for food or shelter. When she began her pilgrimage she had taken a vow to «remain a wanderer until mankind has learned the way of peace, walking until given shelter and fasting until given food.» She walked for 28 years until her death.

PP+LITERATURE.jpg

For some reason she is rarely mentioned.

Oh that's really interesting, thanks

Ooh, that documentary about him, is so amazing. Incredibly profound.

It really shows his life, his childhood life!, spiritual path, and teaching way.. it's just mindblowing, especially .. you just have to say see it, really. 

It's called Conscious Light. 

Me ofcourse Who else. Actually It's my dog. Best guru there ever was. 

True answer. ❤️

Edited by zeroISinfinity