Truth Addict

"Leo, but what if you're deluded?"

236 posts in this topic

Interesting to read all of your perspectives.

@Truth Addict I appreciate you man.  You've earned my respect.  You stand up for what you believe and have the courage to hang in there and take the inevitable punches.  You're experiencing what it's like to be a free-thinker in a society of butt-kissing conformists.  Most people are sheep, they don't have the fortitude to actually be truly authentic and courageous.  Nice character traits to have for personal development work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura  If someone has such a deep understanding, why would they just talk about it in a nonsensical way, why not just move onto something more meaningful? 

@Truth Addict  When I was 4 years old, I wanted Baby Jesus to give me a huge drill, that could dig a hole all the way to Australia from my garden as a Christmas present.

@arlin How do you know that Leo has even read a single book in his life? What if he was just the face of Actualized.org? What if it was a big organisation that has many religious teachers who tell Leo what to say? You see? All you know about Actualized.org is what Leo told you. I might say that I am an enlightened master and that I have meditated for 30 years and read hundreds of books, but you won't beleive me.

@Shin Are you kidding? Not a single teacher on your list compares to Leo. I'm talking about stage Yellow multi-perspective teachings, not just enlightenment. Actualized.org is so great that I can't even buy it that it's all Leo and no one else. That's some crazy shit!

5 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

All of those stories you say are beliefs

Why are you triggered with other persons beliefs?

You have a belief that his stories are beliefs? :)

6 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

How do you know that Leo has even read a single book in his life? What if he was just the face of Actualized.org? What if it was a big organisation that has many religious teachers who tell Leo what to say? You see? All you know about Actualized.org is what Leo told you. I might say that I am an enlightened master and that I have meditated for 30 years and read hundreds of books, but you won't beleive me.

You say this as if what leo says to you has signficant influence on your life.

I don't allow anybody to have significant influence in my life unless i have proven what he says to myself.

Since then, what he says remains in my list of " What truth could be ".

I don't care if he is part of organizations or what,  i can use my logic to understand that what he says is coherent and makes sense. I also study other teachers as well.

@Truth Addict To draw this kind of conclusions means that all the world is against you. For me personally, i like to consider the world a place where people want to share and learn, rather than a place when people use everything they can to fuck you up. 

20 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@tsuki I agree ? but I still don't want Leo to become a preacher. What I want though, is for Actualized.org to return back to relativity and multiple perspectives approach, not the one true perspective based on Leo's experiences, contemplations, and studies, whatever that means. I think Joseph took care of the rest quite well, but I'd like to add that I don't mind listening to beliefs as long as Leo is explicit about it. It's a psychological trick to tell people that I have the absolute truth and then tell them to verify for themselves, most people will believe it unconsciously, and that's what had happened, so here we are, see how much dogma going on here on the forum.

There is a difference between a preacher and a mystic. Preacher is a mouthpiece for ideology, while a mystic is the source around which an ideology is built. Any sufficiently advanced individual will seem like a preacher, there is no avoiding it.

When it comes to consciousness work, there is no way of confirming whether another person is legitimate or not by judging what he says. There should also be no need for that. I think that Leo's videos should be treated more as a fuel for creativity or inspiration than imply knowledge to be believed. I don't know if it's me or you, but I'm sensing a green sentiment from you, about relativity and caring for other people. It's not like I'm shaming you for it, it's just that Yellow has a way of finding truth and having strong convictions that do not stand in opposition to others. Leo's stories are like that if you pay close attention.

That being said, I really think that Leo is coping out. The criticism he's not properly addressing right now is the ego backlash he's facing for growing too rapidly. if he chose to bow down to peasant us, the whole forum could grow alongside him. I think it's a shame really.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Maybe he is lost for words.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Oh come on.  tsuki, I know you got more in you than this.  I wanna see tsuki face down some real adversity.  I wanna test your manhood.

What's in it for me?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

59 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Nothing you say can ever be verified, it's preposterous.

Not with that attitude.

There can be no access to Truth without radical openmindedness.

The things I talk about are extremely advanced. Do not make a mockery of these teachings with simplistic expectations. You mind will absolutely not be able to warp itself around the Truth.

I've told you guys many times the importance and trickeries of epistemology.

You don't know what you don't know. You don't know what you can or cannot know. Hence the wisest course of action would be remain radically open and tread carefully.

Just because you disagree with the things I say does not make them false. There is also the possibility that your ability to discern truth from falsehood is corrupted by ego and lack of consciousness such that when you hear the highest truths they will sound preposterous to you. Precisely because that's what serves your survival and maintains your imaginary worldview.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Not with that attitude.

There can be no access to Truth without openmindedness.

The things I talk about are extremely advanced. Do not make a mockery of these teachings with simplistic expectations. You mind will absolutely not be able to warp itself around the Truth.

How did your truth become the Truth?

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How did your truth become the Truth?

It both is and isn't mine.

Truth is what I am. Truth is the only thing that exists.

See, the problem here is, you guys speak of "truth" but you don't actually have a direct consciousness of what "truth" is. You confuse it with conceptual constructions, ideas, models, and beliefs. Absolute Truth is none of that. And yet also all of that.

Discover for yourselves. No degree of believing me will be Absolute Truth.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've told you guys many times the importance and trickeries of epistemology.

I think this is key to understanding what you are talking about leo.

Making a video about this does not sound bad. Or is there already ?

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It both is and isn't mine.

Truth is what I am. Truth is the only thing that exists.

See, the problem here is, you guys speak of "truth" but you don't actually have a direct consciousness of what "truth" is. You confuse it with conceptual constructions, ideas, models, and beliefs. Absolute Truth is none of that. And yet also all of that.

What about my truth?  Am I allowed to have my truth?  And you can have your truth.  What's wrong with that?  Why do you put yourself on a pedestal as someone who knows more than everyone else in the world?  What's driving that in you Leo?  That's a bit of a fantasy in your own mind, no?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@dinone I am not triggered, how would you know that I am? And yes, there's no difference between belief and reality, but Leo does not want to admit that, although I think he knows it.

@Winter I'm not screaming, I'm sitting very comfortably and expressing my opinions freely without suppresion. The whole paradigm is flawed, it's not about proper proof. It's like saying that God wears pink panties because they're more comfortable.

@Leo Gura Are you open to change what you believe is the Truth in the future, presented with good evidence, or by having even more powerful awakening experience which will contradict the previous ones? Are you sometimes trying to find arguments against what you believe is the Truth? Don't you think there is a small possibility that this experience is showing you the truth about your own consciousness, your own model of the world that you live in but not about the universe?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What about my truth?  Am I allowed to have my truth?

The "I" you're referring to in that statement is ego. Ego can fabricate whatever it wants, but that's not Absolute Truth.

However you think reality is, is how it will appear to you. Because you are imagining the whole thing.

Also, you and I are one. So you and I both ARE the Truth. Truth is not something you "have". It's what you ARE. And it is the same for all people. But the mind will understand it and speak of it many different ways.

It's also important to distinguish relative from absolute truth. You can "have" your relative truths which will be different for all people, but Absolute Truth is one.

I will have videos in the future explaining the differences between absolute and relative truth, and what Truth really is. It's a complicated and nuanced topic.

@Leo Gura Then why do you keep telling us the truth constantly if it cannot be communicated in the first place? Why do you keep answering questions with answers that can never be understood? I'm not doubting your truthfulness about your experiences, I'm doubting your awareness of what you're doing or your honesty/intentions, I'm not sure where your problem is.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Well, we need to clarify this for sure then.  Maybe don't use the word "Truth" then because it's too loaded.

Yes, it's extremely loaded. As all spiritual terminology is, precisely because the devil/ego deliberately corrupts it.

See, the ego's whole modus operandi is to call falsehood truth and truth falsehood. It cannot survive without doing so.