Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmfao

How do I stop trying/forcing without forcing/trying to begin with?

16 posts in this topic

High consciousness, is supposed to effortless in some sense, its supposed to just be about "being". It's about stopping the activity of obsessive/neurotic thoughts. But how can one actually just "be"? Any sort of meditation effort/practice is accompanied by a sense of exertion, a sense forcing. Yet meditation is supposed to be about not forcing. 

So it feels as though, no matter which way I look, no matter what I do, I can't go or get anywhere. It's a double bind with no logical escape, a paradox. No matter which way I turn, no matter what I do, I've conceptualised/created a trap. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao hmm maybe do the things counterintuitively and let go of the idea of a high consciousness activity, watch the neurotic thoughts, sit with the feelings, completely accept them. 

The beauty of this work is that bringing awareness into your daily activity will gradually free you from the thought patterns of your mind so you can make more (meaningful) ones or not ha 

no more resisting! 

Edited by DrewNows

So u basically ask how to do the infamous non-doing hehe

the first step is purity in all senses

At some point just feel the tide & flow of spirit inside

From onward u can just relax the dumb & limited human self & start riding on its power 

it will bear all the burden & u need just to balance its force 

Outside observer will see no difference - like two guys sweating the weighs in gym

one having fun & doing the non-doing with surrendered ego

while the other forcefully squeezing whatever human strength he got & heading towards whatever purposes his small self deceives him lol

cheers

@lmfao you are form.  So when you are meditating you are trying to be formless.

Trying to be Being.

Yes you are right.  You can't be it with the mind.

But you can quiet the mind as much as possible.  Put your awareness on awareness.  When thoughts appear notice them, dismiss them, and bring yourself back to awareness.

Eventually something mystical happens and you become Being, or the formless. Technically always were formless but your form is collapsed into only formlessness...Again, it's mystical as the formless cannot be grasped with the mind.  We can only still the mind for so long.   

So keep still and don't give up!

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, lmfao said:

High consciousness, is supposed to effortless in some sense, its supposed to just be about "being". It's about stopping the activity of obsessive/neurotic thoughts. But how can one actually just "be"? Any sort of meditation effort/practice is accompanied by a sense of exertion, a sense forcing. Yet meditation is supposed to be about not forcing. 

So it feels as though, no matter which way I look, no matter what I'm do, I can't go or get anywhere. It's a double bind with no logical escape, a paradox. No matter which way I turn, no matter what I do, I've conceptualised/created a trap. 

To be, one has to make the inner internal organs and limbic parts, reptilian, awaken them. 

Once you are conscious of the inner in practice through breath, then is possible to really be, change body temperature, heart beat, dissolve the ego at will, etc.

Awakening is making conscious every atom in your body. Otherwise we fool ourselves with stupid concepts of the mind and forcing the ego to take control and create a false bliss. Many are stuck like this for decades and lifetimes.

The true true: is easier to force the ego into a egoic enligtenment state.

But this is not transcendence, it is a social cancer, people dead inside and gurus with cancer, pathetic and disgusting.

So when we talk about effortless we talk about plexus and head. 

If we are stuck in the plexus and head, one can build a very kind ego and beautiful false nirvana that don't hold water. Only in the eyes of the uninitiated.

Mainly efortlessness is simple as: don't use the muscles as the main staple, the plexus and head is in charge of that. This is Goliath from the bible, ego, even if is the most beautiful human being with other people, this is still ego.

So the efortlessness goes deep ibto the rabbit hole, starting with breath, crown and all the way down the left aide of the body starting woth spleen, wich opens the heart. And long truth short, using the first 5 chakras to destroy the head and actualize that with the heart.

Thia is a physical practice, has nothing to to with the mind. We only use the mind to focus o breath to channel the prana into various internal organs.

So those eyebrow intellectuals, get to the ground noobs!

Namaste

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

You have to become a sneaky little devil. xD

What do you love to do? Do you love to be in nature? Do you love walking, running, hiking, yoga, art, music? Looking into a candle flame? Petting a dog? Anything you love that is putting you into a flow state or meditative state bypasses this trap. 

The other thing I've done is what I'll call jury-rigged Vipassana meditation. I think that you're supposed to be trained or taught to do it but I heard an explanation of it once a long time ago and it was a huge AHA moment.  So the next time I meditated I just sort of went to this bliss state. It felt almost like I was literally raising consciousness in my head. 

Basically bring love into you meditation. Love is the connecting force your're going for. Thoughts get in the way of love sometimes, but they aren't really a big deal or so tempting to follow anymore if you're interrupting something so that feels so good. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Thanks for all the replies 

1 hour ago, rex said:

the first step is purity in all senses

At some point just feel the tide & flow of spirit inside

From onward u can just relax the dumb & limited human self & start riding on its power 

it will bear all the burden & u need just to balance its force 

I can get with this.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@lmfao you are form.  So when you are meditating you are trying to be formless.

Trying to be Being.

Yes you are right.  You can't be it with the mind.

But you can quiet the mind as much as possible.  Put your awareness on awareness.  When thoughts appear notice them, dismiss them, and bring yourself back to awareness.

Eventually something mystical happens and you become Being, or the formless.  Again, it's mystical as the formless cannot be grasped with the mind.  We can only still the mind for so long.   

So keep still and don't give up!

Yeah, it really is about just doing it as much as possible. And when a high state is reached, one just has the urge to be silent.

41 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

To be, one has to make the inner internal organs and limbic parts, reptilian, awaken them. 

Once you are conscious of the inner in practice through breath, then is possible to really be, change body temperature, heart beat, dissolve the ego at will, etc.

Awakening is making conscious every atom in your body. Otherwise we fool ourselves with stupid concepts of the mind and forcing the ego to take control and create a false bliss. Many are stuck like this for decades and lifetimes.

The true true: is easier to force the ego into a egoic enligtenment state.

But this is not transcendence, it is a social cancer, people dead inside and gurus with cancer, pathetic and disgusting.

So when we talk about effortless we talk about plexus and head. 

If we are stuck in the plexus and head, one can build a very kind ego and beautiful false nirvana that don't hold water. Only in the eyes of the uninitiated.

Mainly efortlessness is simple as: don't use the muscles as the main staple, the plexus and head is in charge of that. This is Goliath from the bible, ego, even if is the most beautiful human being with other people, this is still ego.

So the efortlessness goes deep ibto the rabbit hole, starting with breath, crown and all the way down the left aide of the body starting woth spleen, wich opens the heart. And long truth short, using the first 5 chakras to destroy the head and actualize that with the heart.

Thia is a physical practice, has nothing to to with the mind. We only use the mind to focus o breath to channel the prana into various internal organs.

So those eyebrow intellectuals, get to the ground noobs!

Namaste

Good advice. The Kriya Yoga book I was reading talked about there being chakra stuck in the lower parts of your body and its a goal to bring that chakra all the way from the bottom to every part to the top. Why do you specifically refer to the first 5 chakras and not the other 2?(I assume its the 2 on the head you're leaving out)

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Anything you love that is putting you into a flow state or meditative state bypasses this trap. 

Yeah the trap does get bypassed, even if it only is temporarily and partially. It is inexplicable why/how, it just does. Hell, in the domain of the absolute there wasn't even a past moment when you were in illusion. Since it only is now. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Learn to find your authentic will which is buried under a lot of "oughts" and a lot of conditioning.  This is called your "True North".  You gotta uncover this authentic will and honor it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@lmfao because Ego is a way of going directly with awarness mainly in 6th chakra and 7th forcing the right side with the Plexus 3rd. 

Each chakra has a left and a right, are the 10 commandments of the bible, just go beyond the literal meaning.

The knife cannot cut itself says a zen proverb. This means if i go directly into the head to see and be, then the lower chakras will get stuck in a finite self concept eay of life, and if the vital force of energy has an end loop, blockages arise, is simple.

So to crack open the third eye, one has to use tbe first 5 chakras in sync.

It does not work 1,2,3.... The real awakening sequencr starts with 4th, powering 7th and going down the left aide of the plexus powering 3rd that comes again in 4th the all the way down on the left side util 1st.

From there is a matter of mastering breath, injaculation and belly in on exhale with the plexus. And the 5th chakra is like a bridge, goes into the spleen and heart also.

After all than, one uses the spleen to take from above and give it to the lover parts, knowing how to use the pancreas and spleen and all the above to target the forhead to break Karma.

So fallowing the rule of Zen of the knife that cannot cut itself, we need to focus the opposite in each chakra/hormone gland.

Example: to get in contact with the heart the Spleen is the focus. To get in contact with the throat, the heart is the focus. To get into muladhara, we use the spleen with sexual energy and plexus and crown :)

So this awakening stuff is complex, but not complicated. Is about identifying where one is stuck and use the blockages to own advantage from the opposite relative organs.

For more details ask me in pvt.

Namaste

You will always have to try to some degree. There are barriers stopping you from letting go. It's undoing a lot of shit. 

17 hours ago, lmfao said:

So it feels as though, no matter which way I look, no matter what I do, I can't go or get anywhere. It's a double bind with no logical escape, a paradox. No matter which way I turn, no matter what I do, I've conceptualised/created a trap. 

You can't. Follow the path to find out who it is that's asking this question. That will take effort. The end of that process -- which may take a long time -- will be the end of the illusion of effort.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@lmfao Ahhh yes. One of the deepest human desires: to just Be. We think we are so evolved, yet can’t do something every other plant, animal and thing on earth does effortlessly: just Be. We spend our lives chasing something so simple that is available to us every moment. 

@Joseph Maynor life purpose is the shit my dude. 

@Hellspeed I can't say I can exactly "verify" whether what you're saying is physically true but I suppose that doesn't really matter or change anything for what I should go overall. Namaste. 

@Shadowraix yeah purification feels like a weird place to be. Ive been doing strong determination sitting recently and on some level it feels like "forcing it" but on some truer level I know it's the thing for me to be doing since it's about me exploring and seeing what's true about my experience. 

@winterknight yeah, who is the one asking the question eh. 

@Serotoninluv ikr.