Beeman

Why did Leo say your are God?

86 posts in this topic

Because if you dont you wont be able to let go of everything that is false. 

8 hours ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

really good, makes sense to me, but sounds to me in the end very different than the initial thesis of being God

Maybe he explained it more clearly

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

23 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

@Soul-lover 2020 People here use language in a more dynamic way than dictionary definitions. If you don't adapt you will not understand. It's not a problem to go beyond dictionaries. It only is for those who restrict themselves to it. 

People here have dissolved the boundary between creator and creation. You will not convince them otherwise because their direct experience says differently. 

Shadowraix,

The people here have no more dissolved the boundary separating their sense of personhood from their awareness of God than I have.  Not respecting who God is shall damage them psychologically and spiritually. :( They can no more be God than I be Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain! xD  

Dictionary definitions of words are essential if they are to be properly used, otherwise there is a breakdown in communication.

Andrea :)

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

On 5/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, Shadowraix said:

All approximations. 

The Dao that can be told is not the true Dao. 

This is why here we shoot for experience instead, because that does it better justice than words. 

Feelings and ideas need to be tested in the real world.  If they don't pass the test, reject them.  

On 5/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, Shin said:

Even books that are written right now are full of ignorance and lies,
And you except books written and rewritten for centuries, even thousands of years to be reliable ?

They aren't.

They are reliable if you source them from the original texts.

20 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

They are reliable if you source them from the original texts.

What is the use?

If Jesus said "you are Gods" and they say he meant "judges"???

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

3 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Shadowraix,

The people here have no more dissolved the boundary separating their sense of personhood from their awareness of God than I have.  Not respecting who God is shall damage them psychologically and spiritually. :( They can no more be God than I be Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain! xD  

Dictionary definitions of words are essential if they are to be properly used, otherwise there is a breakdown in communication.

On your first statement, we can't ever know that now can we? At least until experience can be shared. Words don't do much justice. 

Dictionary definitions are useful, but it's not helpful to turn them into a limitation. When people use words differently you try to get them to use your desired meanings instead of adapting to theirs. Or rather the meanings the entire community used. Have you come here to teach or learn? Both? 

Everybody walks their own path. They must first discover themselves to find God to begin respecting the profundity of it. Your path and the path Leo makes at the end of the day will point you to the same source with just different mental scaffolding. 

3 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Feelings and ideas need to be tested in the real world.  If they don't pass the test, reject them.  

And that's what we (hopefully) do here. As I said direct experience is key here. We can argue all day about nonduality wars. There are an infinite number of ways to point to the Dao. And many of them work better for one person than another. If the Bible helps you, great. But you'll find it doesn't resonate with many people here. You'll need to change your approach unless you've just come here to preach to a brick wall. Appreciate this puzzle. 

@Soul-lover 2020 There’s a movie out, The Professor & The Madman, about the making of the dictionary. You’d really benefit from their understanding & depiction that they were aware of the magnitude of penning human created definitions. 

Also, do you understand what the word nonexistence actually means?

And have you looked into your pending apocalypse yet?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Leo only stated what many sages have said before him.

Sadghuru says : ''Transforming yourself from just a piece of creation to the Creator himself. This is not in search of God, this is in search of becoming a God. This is not in search of divine, this is in search of becoming divine. Because that which you call divine, that which is the source of existence is throbbing within you every moment of your life. Otherwise a piece of bread couldn't become a human being.''

18 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

What is the use?

If Jesus said "you are Gods" and they say he meant "judges"???

You need to look up where that saying originally came from and read it in its proper context. :)

5 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

You need to look up where that saying originally came from and read it in its proper context. :)

I know where this saying originally comes from. And I know that wasn't what Jesus was trying to say. 

The interpretation the church gave to this word is what it was convinient for them to fit their narrative.

Or better said, their pre existent beliefs and dogmas ?

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Soul-lover 2020 There’s a movie out, The Professor & The Madman, about the making of the dictionary. You’d really benefit from their understanding & depiction that they were aware of the magnitude of penning human created definitions. 

Also, do you understand what the word nonexistence actually means?

And have you looked into your pending apocalypse yet?

I might watch the movie when it arrives in Britain.

Here is the meaning of the word "nonexistence":

non-existence

NOUN

mass noun

The fact or state of not existing or not being real or present.

‘non-believers cannot prove the non-existence of God’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com

8 hours ago, martin_malin said:

Leo only stated what many sages have said before him.

Sadghuru says : ''Transforming yourself from just a piece of creation to the Creator himself. This is not in search of God, this is in search of becoming a God. This is not in search of divine, this is in search of becoming divine. Because that which you call divine, that which is the source of existence is throbbing within you every moment of your life. Otherwise a piece of bread couldn't become a human being.''

There is only one God.  This man is deluded.

1 hour ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Exactly. Apocalypse. 

Do you have an example of nonexistence?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Exactly. Apocalypse. 

Do you have an example of nonexistence?

I listened once to a Christian Orthodox and he was saying that the Apocalypse or Revelation is a chapter of the personal experience that John had when he realized God. That it can be interpreted in both ways.

That's what you are pointing to Nahm?

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I know where this saying originally comes from. And I know that wasn't what Jesus was trying to say. 

Then what did Jesus mean if it wasn't to do with the fact of all authority coming from God?

25 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Then what did Jesus mean if it wasn't to do with the fact of all authority coming from God?

If all authority comes from God, why was Jesus forgiving sins too?

edit: By the way, what you say is true. All authority comes from God, the problem is your understanding of what it means to be God. (Tip: God is not separated from us).

Edited by abrakamowse

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

If all authority comes from God, why was Jesus forgiving sins too?

edit: By the way, what you say is true. All authority comes from God, the problem is your understanding of what it means to be God. (Tip: God is not separated from us).

Abrakamowse,

Your claim is false, so I reject it.  I would agree with you, if it was true.  Jesus Christ is God, along with His heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit, therefore He already had the authority from the Father to forgive us sinners.

As for Christians, read on:

2 Peter 1: 2 - 4

New King James Version 

"Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

- St Peter