arlin

Yoga for energy blocks?

16 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have never done yoga and i was thinking about studying it.

Im specifically interested in yoga for feeling more in your body and clear negative emotional blocks.

I don't have a yoga center near me... i only can study online. 

Can you give me some point of reference as to where to start? And how?

Thank you! :) 

Hatha yoga is great for that, there are LOTS of free youtube sessions, pretty easy to follow and effective. 

I can recommend those two:

I am practicing the last 6 months and learning a lot, at first it seems easier than it really is, with practice you will learn what is the most important aspects of yoga. One of those lessons is to breathe deeply, full lungs and belly, stretch all your organs, feel those blocks, focus on them, relax and release one moment at a time.  In each asana, is important to inner-focused, pay attention on the painful stuff and the emotions that they will bring it up, any anxiety, impatience, fear, sadness, anger, happiness etc is good. Basically, you are going to do stuff that makes those deep stored feelings to bubble up and deal with them.

OH MY GOD @Recursoinominado Thank you sooo much!!!

Are you saying that classical hatha yoga videos on youtube are also good for emotional release?

5 hours ago, arlin said:

OH MY GOD @Recursoinominado Thank you sooo much!!!

Are you saying that classical hatha yoga videos on youtube are also good for emotional release?

Yes! It was a pleasant surprise for me either, Hatha yoga works on the energetic level, if you do it mindfully and consistently, your life will be completely transformed in one year. I plan to go to India this year and do a yoga teacher training :) 

There are many forms of yoga. Different forms focus on different aspects. In terms of amount of relaxation and body motion - slowest to fastest: Restorative, Kriya, Yin, Kundalini, Hatha, Vinyasa. I do multiple forms and prefer yin yoga in releasing blocks.  

Is yin yoga something that i can find online? 

@arlin Yes. Tons of YouTube videos. It slow and chill. It’s like meditative yoga. The postures are held for 4-8 minutes, which can be challenging in it’s own way. Yet one can go deeper and deeper into uncomfortable relaxation. My favorite is Aprille Walker at yoga ranger studio. She has all sorts of different videos focusing on body energetics. Maybe a few on emotions, yet that’s not her direct focus.

Thank you soo much @Serotoninluv, you are helping me a lot! I am looking for a way to build a strong relationship to my body and my emotions!

Thank you! 

@arlin I’d recommend finding a teacher that resonates with you. Yoga with Adrienne is very mind-body-spirit integrated. She is super loving, gentle stage green/yellow. For more kick ass challenging power yoga, check out also yoga. They get pretty serious tho. 

https://www.aloyoga.com/blogs/videos

@arlin

Meditate for a bit and allow the mind & body to settle and calm. Make sure your body is well balanced, so no micro-muscles or muscle groups are tensed holding your balance. Start with the crown of your head and send the relax command to each muscle, individually, until you get to your toes. Do this over and over. After some practice, you will notice the muscles respond more quickly to the relax, or, let go signal. Then do body scans...relax your entire self, let it drop into the pull of gravity. When you do, notice there are some specific areas that initially ‘drop / relax’, and then a second or so later, they more deeply relax. 

That will develop inner-body awareness, in connection with mind. Then begin ‘being the awareness’, in those specific locations in the body. Feel your presence in these specific parts. It is an accumulative practice. Feel the single pointed awareness in specific locations in your body, and go into it more and more deeply - you’ll begin to feel a “tingly” sort of sensation, in the specific focused upon muscle / area. Love yourself, appreciate yourself, and feel it fill your body, then direct that love & awareness together to the specific area which holds tension. 

Do basic stretches (google), when extended, breathe into the muscle, and send the let go / relax command, until the signal is answered, by the muscle letting go more deeply. 

When the suppressed emotions are released - perhaps the most important facet - is to NOT go into any thoughts. No thought stories, no thoughts about the past, or future, or other people, or anything you did or didn’t do. No thought stories! Keep the love & awareness FOCUSED ON THE SENSATION in the body. It will release.

This can be overwhelming, as far as not going into past, future, or other people thought stories. If it is too overwhelming, get a paper & pen, and write down ABOUT THE SENSATION. Do not write about content, or thought story stuff. Write only about how it feels in your body. Be more and more acute and specific as you write.

Also, go take a yoga and a reiki class!  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Nice suggestion, thanks i appreciate it!

@arlinIf you are looking for a classical Hatha Yoga teacher, I highly recommend finding a teacher from the Isha Foundation. In my experience, their yoga is classical as classic gets. There are many different Hatha Yoga practices which they offer, each having a certain strength of its own. Some are more on the spiritual side and the others are more on a physical health side. You can pick what suits you best. Anyways you should be good as long as you do any Hatha Yoga practice regardless. I personally practice Surya Kriya, which is more on a spiritual side. Other examples include Angamardhana(more on the physical health side) , Yogaasanas, Bhuta Shuddi etc

Learn more here 

https://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertraining/

Find a teacher here 

https://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertraining/teacher-finder/

Edited by Chi_

On 21/05/2019 at 9:34 PM, arlin said:

Im specifically interested in yoga for feeling more in your body and clear negative emotional blocks.

PRANAYAMA, my TOP recommendations,

1. BHASTRIKA PRANAYAMA

2. KAPALBHATI PRANAYAMA

3. ANULOM-VILOM PRANAYAMA

Start with 5 minutes each, then consecutively increase the time frame.

?WATCH THIS FOR PROPER TECHNIQUE OF ANULOM- VILOM

Happy Learning!