Joseph Maynor

Who Projects Onto Everyone Else But Is Sensitive To Being Projected On Themselves

169 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Who's the devil calling everyone else devils?  Examine that one.

Every devil does that. Leo said that's devilry, too. Devil thinks it's an angel and sees devil in others.

Seeing devil in others is devilry and projection. Devil gets mad when it gets scrutinized because it has to remain as an angel.

It doesn't want to examine itself. Self-examination shines light onto devilry, and devils hate it.

Edited by CreamCat

13 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Every devil does that. Leo said that's devilry, too. Devil thinks it's an angel and sees devil in others.

The person who's calling everyone else devils secretly wants to be a God among devils.  That's called extreme narcissism.  I've never seen anything like that, even among religious people -- because religious people don't claim that they're God.  See?  Contemplate that one.  And if you are an Enlightened "God", you probably wouldn't be calling people "devils" either because you'd be way more compassionate than that and use more compassionate language toward others.  Just my intuition.  Others may disagree with me, and I'm happy to hear other perspectives on this.  The Ego secretly wants to place itself on top of the Totem Pole of Egos.  If I classify myself as "God" and classify you as a "devil", I win and you lose by logical necessity.  How convenient for me!  Yay, I'm safe.  Not!  This stuff is so easy to see through if you have the eyes and the wisdom to see through it.  The Ego will do anything to feel safe, secure, superior, etc., especially if it's extremely secretly insecure.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No.  They are there because of beliefs that have been accepted by them.  They weren't born with those beliefs.  Beliefs are culturally created and transmitted memes.  And some of those memes that spread like viruses are very bad beliefs indeed.  Obviously, there are pros and cons to everything.  There are pros to being a bum on the street too.  And, paradoxically, there are cons to having your life well put-together.  

Amen to that. 

Do you think you chose your beliefs...

i don’t see beliefs as bad but unfortunately often misunderstood 

Edit: assumingly correlated to spiral stage 

Edited by DrewNows

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

Amen to that. 

Do you think you chose your beliefs...

i don’t see beliefs as bad but unfortunately often misunderstood 

To an extent I've chose my beliefs.  I choose what I feed myself to an extent.  The more woke you are the more you can choose your beliefs, although not entirely.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

To an extent I've chose my beliefs.  I choose what I feed myself to an extent.  The more woke you are the more you can choose your beliefs, although not entirely.

Yea it’s interesting we’d like to think beliefs are chosen but really they simply change on their own. We are not the controller as the controller is the controlled 

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

Yea it’s interesting we’d like to think beliefs are chosen but really they simply change on their own. We are not the controller as the controller is the controlled 

You do have some control over your beliefs.  But you don't have total control over your beliefs.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You do have some control over your beliefs.  But you don't have total control over your beliefs.

Yes control lies in the exploration of the beliefs themselves. However this doesn’t mean new belief is created 

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Yes control lies in the exploration of the beliefs themselves. However this doesn’t mean new belief is created 

You have some control over which inputs you feed your system and which inputs you avoid feeding your system.  But you have no control over which output(s) your system generates in response to those inputs.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You have some control over which inputs you feed your system and which inputs you avoid feeding your system.  But you have no control over which output(s) your system generates in response to those inputs.

No. It’s a mind fuckery...only through awareness is there a space for understanding and authentic expression