Joseph Maynor

Who Projects Onto Everyone Else But Is Sensitive To Being Projected On Themselves

172 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Bingo.  That's why I'm printing out this thread and gonna study it like Muslims study the Koran.  There's a lot of interesting stuff going on in this thread.

What insight do you hope to obtain by studying a dysfunctional thread on an internet forum? We all know the conclusion you're going to draw. It's not you. It's them. 

The people who are suggesting you take time off the forum are right. It's the most common sense nugget of wisdom. You're going to double down and study the forum? Tremendous waste of time. You're traveling overseas and you're still on this forum. It's just an addiction mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cruel irony is, we all feel right and infallible from our own positions...until it cracks down and we loose ground


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, hundreth said:

What insight do you hope to obtain by studying a dysfunctional thread on an internet forum? We all know the conclusion you're going to draw. It's not you. It's them. 

The people who are suggesting you take time off the forum are right. It's the most common sense nugget of wisdom. You're going to double down and study the forum? Tremendous waste of time. You're traveling overseas and you're still on this forum. It's just an addiction mate. 

Nope.  Now that's a bonafide projection.  I'm working on a career as a personal development content provider and I'm on fire with insights right now and using every ounce of my time to develop myself and to write.  I'm also exploring India.  I can do two things at once.  Wouldn't you agree?  I'm addicted to my career and life purpose, yes, but that's a good addiction.  That's why I'm such a damn good personal development teacher and as popular on here as I am.  I work harder than anybody else on here except for probably Leo -- and I maybe even work harder than Leo does (my intuition thinks so).  This is my career that I'm creating and developing,  I'm not just hanging out on here for fun, although it is fun too.  I'm working to launch a career as a personal development content provider and it's my greatest passion and #1 value.  So, with all due respect, I appreciate your comments, but watch your projections onto me.  You guys like to throw this word "projection" around flippantly, but this is a good example of a legit one.  This place is my training ground and my testing ground.  It's amazing what I've done while being on here.  I don't see anybody on here who's done what I've done.  Not even close.  And people wanna knock me down a peg -- that's to be expected.  But that's their trip not mine.  That's their unhappiness not mine.  I'm doing just fine.  I have an amazing girlfriend who I collaborate with on my personal development work and insights, I travel all around the world, I have my own sole-proprietor business, I get to do personal development all the time, I've got a great personal development accountability partner, I'm financially well off, and I'm working on creating and developing my dream career to become a kick ass personal development teacher.  My life couldn't be better!  And I'm 100% sober now to boot.  So, I'm doing very well.  I'm happy and healthy too.  I feel integrated with my authentic self too.  And I've been so pregnant with great insights lately that I can't write them down fast enough.  And people on here dig my insights a lot.  More so than most of you probably even realize.  I live this shit, and I've benefited from that.  And I try to share that with others too so that others can do what I've done.  So, be careful with projecting onto me, I'm a good guy.  I care about helping people be the best that they can be and improve their lives to the maximum.  I know it's possible because I did it myself.  My life sucked not so many years ago.  Personal development work really turned my life from blah to yay in a couple/few years' time.  This stuff is all about results, not sitting around gossiping about each other.  I agree if that's all I did, that would be a distraction and a shame and a waste of time.  But that's not what I'm about, although I get dragged into gossiping like a young girl too from time to time just like any normal person does.  I'm really working on here.  Think of this as my job, that's how I look at it.  I'm working my ass off on my life purpose and my career when I'm on here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Here's a funny joke. This is a community of intelligent people who really care about being the best version of themselves that they can be.

Now, we've gone so far with it that we're all trying to grasp that there was no self to begin with.

We can only move forward by becoming the best us we can be.

It's hard to forget all those patterns of wanting to be the smart person in the room, of wanting to avoid people who might drag you down, of not wasting your time with people who annoy you, of being shy about giving and receiving love and not wanting to waste time in making connections with people that could have been spent working on yourself or growing wealth. 

We're like bees in a hive. We have our own jobs to do but we have no purpose without each other. 

Your communalism and positivity I burning my ego. 

 

I can't get rid of this @@Joseph Maynor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joseph Maynor

Imagination. Nothing more, nothing less. It's all about the stories in our minds.

Depending on the stories (beliefs) you hold, you can:

  1. Project onto others + be sensitive to projections.
  2. Not project onto others + be sensitive to projections.
  3. Project onto others - be sensitive to projections.
  4. Not project onto others - be sensitive to projections.

In other words, brainwashing, whether conscious or unconscious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hundreth @hundreth Addictions don't exist. You can choose to believe that you have an addiction and then you do. 


Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@lmfao Happy to help. :x

It helps to try to see the energy and the spirit... the person behind the words. The more you get to know people here the more you develop honest love and affection for people. The more we share the easier that becomes. I never realized how connected I could feel to people on a mostly anonymous internet forum, one that even made me really uncomfortable and freaked out when I came here. I only stayed here because I really liked Nahm, and I thought Nahm was an older woman and that projection made me feel safe here. xDxDxD I later found out that he is a dude but I'm ok with that now. 

So anyway, if you're going to make projections, make ones that make you feel all warm and fuzzy and connected. xDxDxD

Edited by mandyjw

Light on Earth The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Your communalism and positivity I burning my ego. 

 

I can't get rid of this @@Joseph Maynor

Mandy is amazing.  I'm so glad she's on the Forum.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

We're like bees in a hive. We have our own jobs to do but we have no purpose without each other. 

:)

rebaseybee.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

:)

rebaseybee.gif

well that’s definitely a projection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, now is forever said:

well that’s definitely a projection.

@now is forever  It has no purpose other then as a share with each other. What else is there?:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@now is forever  It has no purpose other then as a share with each other. What else is there?:)

😘

more projections...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nope.  Now that's a bonafide projection.  I'm working on a career as a personal development content provider and I'm on fire with insights right now and using every ounce of my time to develop myself and to write.  I'm also exploring India.  I can do two things at once.  Wouldn't you agree?  I'm addicted to my career and life purpose, yes, but that's a good addiction.  That's why I'm such a damn good personal development teacher and as popular on here as I am.  I work harder than anybody else on here except for probably Leo -- and I maybe even work harder than Leo does (my intuition thinks so).  This is my career that I'm creating and developing,  I'm not just hanging out on here for fun, although it is fun too.  I'm working to launch a career as a personal development content provider and it's my greatest passion and #1 value.  So, with all due respect, I appreciate your comments, but watch your projections onto me.  You guys like to throw this word "projection" around flippantly, but this is a good example of a legit one.  This place is my training ground and my testing ground.  It's amazing what I've done while being on here.  I don't see anybody on here who's done what I've done.  Not even close.  And people wanna knock me down a peg -- that's to be expected.  But that's their trip not mine.  That's their unhappiness not mine.  I'm doing just fine.  I have an amazing girlfriend who I collaborate with on my personal development work and insights, I travel all around the world, I have my own sole-proprietor business, I get to do personal development all the time, I've got a great personal development accountability partner, I'm financially well off, and I'm working on creating and developing my dream career to become a kick ass personal development teacher.  My life couldn't be better!  And I'm 100% sober now to boot.  So, I'm doing very well.  I'm happy and healthy too.  I feel integrated with my authentic self too.  And I've been so pregnant with great insights lately that I can't write them down fast enough.  And people on here dig my insights a lot.  More so than most of you probably even realize.  I live this shit, and I've benefited from that.  And I try to share that with others too so that others can do what I've done.  So, be careful with projecting onto me, I'm a good guy.  I care about helping people be the best that they can be and improve their lives to the maximum.  I know it's possible because I did it myself.  My life sucked not so many years ago.  Personal development work really turned my life from blah to yay in a couple/few years' time.  This stuff is all about results, not sitting around gossiping about each other.  I agree if that's all I did, that would be a distraction and a shame and a waste of time.  But that's not what I'm about, although I get dragged into gossiping like a young girl too from time to time just like any normal person does.  I'm really working on here.  Think of this as my job, that's how I look at it.  I'm working my ass off on my life purpose and my career when I'm on here.

I don't deny you're a good guy nor was I trying to "knock you down a peg." Glad to hear you're doing well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@hundreth @hundreth Addictions don't exist. You can choose to believe that you have an addiction and then you do. 

Yes, we can spiritually bypass any issue if we want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

you mean more muh?

What's muh? I must have missed that one but I can only imagine.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

He doesn't like me because I pointed out his arrogance once and he never forgave me.

or he doesn't give a fuck, and you believe that because he played a cat/mice.

sometimes I look at people and incarne exactly what they don't want to see, exactly what they need, maybe.

if you cannot love someone who is "nazi" it's mainly because he doesn't share your perspectives and values on life, and so you project filter on the word of people, because you create a sense of identity out of what you have seen; that is a delusion tho.

most people probably believe I m an hateful nerd or some sort of story, whatever

a projection is believing you can read "truth" in someone, indeed, but the vision in this truth is depending on YOUR lense, your assumption of how people word things.

in reality, what if all talking is only making sense and emotionnal tweak in the brain because you attach an energy to values/perspective.

but if they are all kind of seen through neutrality, you could get a real knowledge for yourself even from a nazi.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aeris said:

but if they are all kind of seen through neutrality, you could get a real knowledge for yourself even from a nazi.

You are the "nazi" You are "Mother Teresa". You are infinate setting suns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.