Joseph Maynor

Who Projects Onto Everyone Else But Is Sensitive To Being Projected On Themselves

169 posts in this topic

@cetus56 Yeah 10-15 mins. You can have crazy delusions on it but it does teach you how malleable perception is. It's uncomfortable and intense. But it's enjoyable when it is over. Lots of people have very spiritual experiences on higher doses. 

You'd have to lose yourself in the Salvia for it to change you like that. Such as those cases you hear people going crazy even after psychedelics. Psychotic break or something. 

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Haha.  No, salvia ends with the trip.  I suppose you could say the same for any psychedelic if you were so inclined.  I've heard people say the same sort of thing about 5-MeO-DMT -- that it leads to insanity and such.

every substance needs integration and will have some sort of aftermath to it - as it is a manipulation of the mindbody/bodymind. there is no such thing as a trip ending with a trip. no such thing as a thought ending with a thought, a picture with a picture, there is always an afterimage.

don‘t saying it’s the salvia but let’s be honest with ourselves about substances.

Edited by now is forever

2 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

@cetus56 Yeah 10-15 mins. You can have crazy delusions on it but it does teach you how malleable perception is. It's uncomfortable and intense. But it's enjoyable when it is over. Lots of people have very spiritual experiences on higher doses. 

You'd have to lose yourself in the Salvia for it to change you like that. Such as those cases you hear people going crazy even after psychedelics. Psychotic break or something. 

Have you done salvia?  How many times and what concentration?  I don't recall my trips lasting that long.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Have you done salvia?  How many times and what concentration?  I don't recall my trips lasting that long.  

joseph why do you react like that - why do you get personally triggered? you both get tangled up all over again in some kind of status fight about who is right again.

cetus even said he will project on you.

Edited by now is forever

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I would like an intelligent answer to the call of my question though.  Somebody, please.  Impress me.  Impress us.

i'd guess this represents at least 90% of what has been holding you back since the day you joined this forum (yes, i remember).

your quest for brightness, intellectualism and smartness is triggering corrupted emotions and you become reactive. you fear intellectual mockery and you seek intellectual approval. this is me projecting onto you because letting that pride die was a messy part my own journey. i know how it feels and how it sounds (as you're sounding to us). so for you, my words are just food for thought and inner contemplation.

i've been thinking about a challenge for you that may help you heal your longing, if i'm accurate. the challenge is... delete all of your journals and do not journal for at least 6 months. burn all that to the ground and let it turn into dust, as if our solar system exploded.

journaling is very good for beginners because undisciplined minds struggle too much to keep track of their own path. but it can come to a point where your journals work as mere armors for the ego to inflate more and more everyday, as if everyday you collected a little more junk into your house. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that your insights are trash. what i am saying is that real wisdom go straight to the bones, so that you don't need to keep track of it with the mind.

there have been many stories equivalent to what is happening to you. several zen practitioners wrote diaries for decades and then comes a day where their masters tell them to burn it all. i'm not saying that i am your master and that you should do it because i told you so. i'm just pointing to the fact that there is something very valuable in letting go of the intellectual inertia.

just the words of a friend.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

3 minutes ago, now is forever said:

every substance needs integration

@now is forever Maybe that is his problem.

Joseph, you study a LOT, I admire how seriously you take it. I wish you'd interact with us more. That's my projection because I need to do the opposite I suppose. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@ajasatya I was watching a Buddhist monk video the other day and he said he threw out being a teacher because if he were a teacher it would stunt his ability to learn. Just saying sometimes it may be good to start from scratch by saying "I know nothing at all".

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@ajasatya I was watching a Buddhist monk video the other day and he said he threw out being a teacher because if he were a teacher it would stunt his ability to learn.

very interesting insight. when i met my wife and i knew that she was part of a religion in which people drink ayahuasca twice a month, i was very excited. i told her "amazing! i want a completely different perspective from mine!".

it's a christian religion immersed in duality and it's been a thrilling experience to fully embrace the human experience (as dual as it can get! xD).

unborn Truth

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@now is forever Maybe that is his problem.

yes you are right, might be. integration is often the problem. substances are ego, too. and also every learning process is an integrational process - a substance that triggers or attracts the ego certainly will have a shadow side in sense of the part we don’t want to see. but it also might be that it’s not the substance but a personal trait, a shadow we didn’t integrate yet. you both seem to trigger some shadow sides of each other sometimes ;)

i don’t know why maybe because you share some vibes that attract a lot of sympathy and love ? strangely in a similar way but also very different.

@now is forever I met the guy a few times. I wish I knew him better tho. Maybe we could talk a bit.

Be even better if you could talk with him or others. He could maybe join the forum. We'll see.

2 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@Joseph Maynor Oh yeeeah? Well if you're printing it out, I'll write a book about it with the sharpest pen, and make a south park episode of it in 4k, 60fps.

No, do a Family Guy episode!  This one is appropriate:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@Joseph Maynor Oh yeeeah? Well if you're printing it out, I'll write a book about it with the sharpest pen, and make a south park episode of it in 4k, 60fps.

@John Lula You better write fast before it gets edited for the 5th time.xD

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@John Lula You better write fast before it gets edited for the 5th time.xD

No more edits from me. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I'm just going to answer the topic question. Whether you agree with it or not--doesn't matter. ;)

Answer, simply put: The Ego.

What's the function of it? It goes through life wondering why. It tries to survive. It may achieve and succeed according to its society, but will never find peace unless it realizes that all is one and plan its life according to that. Yes, it would help if the ego had a Satori that is aligned with his/her life very well; otherwise, it would most likely be blindsided with distractions and projections from others and itself. The answer to nailing life for the ego cannot come from a bit of projection, and it also can't be ideal. That's also a projection. The path has to be true/authentic for that unique ego and aligned with Truth.

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Joseph Maynor if you comb it through, will you shredder it first?

I'll read it when I'm on the toilet.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'll read it when I'm on the toilet.

yeah no paper sometimes xD

6 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Joseph Maynor What time is it there? Are you feeling any jet lag?

It's 9pm here.  No jet lag because I basically have a screwed up sleep schedule in California where I wake up at like 4pm and go to sleep at 8am.  My sleep schedule is surprisingly similar to the time here, so I lucked out.  When I get back to California I wanna change that schedule though because it was a little extreme.

Edited by Joseph Maynor