Joseph Maynor

Who Projects Onto Everyone Else But Is Sensitive To Being Projected On Themselves

169 posts in this topic

Yay..❤️❤️❤️

Thread is full of Infinite love again.  Happy family

Edited by Good-boy
Technical error

In the end we all just want to be loved and accepted, independent of any projections ❤️✌?

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

@Joseph Maynor

Just take a two week or however long break while you are in India man. 

Smell the roses, enjoy life, real life is more important then forum life. 

You will feel much better afterwards. 

Sometimes you got to disconnect, do your own self-development, then when you feel like it you come back and you got a new perspective on things. 

I read your post sometimes and you seem to be doing good lately. 

Just enjoy it man. Let it go. 

Edited by SFRL

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Not necessarily.  When you see the truth, you can be reactive in telling the truth without being attached to a dense Ego.  In fact, as an Enlightened Ego, you're gonna be more reactive not less when you're doing something you believe in.  You guys are making Enlightenment into something unrealistically moral.  Enlightenment is not about "being moral" -- that's just gonna create a dense shadow and a passive-aggressive pattern of reactiveness.  Enlightenment is about knowing and honoring the truth.  And that can mean being reactive when (1) it's authentic, (2) you're aware of your reactiveness when you're doing it, and (3) you're aligned with your True North while you're being reactive -- "True North" in the sense that the reactiveness is something you believe is the right thing to do in the moment.  I will fight somebody if I satisfy all those conditions, and I consider myself to be Enlightened.  A lot of people are confused about Enlightenment and try to dissociate from their Ego, which backfires on you and just leads you 180 degrees and 500 miles in the opposite direction from Enlightenment.  Enlightenment is about fidelity to truth, not about being a passive pussy.  Quite the contrary in fact -- because the fights you do choose to wage are aligned with your authenticity, your awareness, and your True North.

I myself against any morality. The only one is what will not hurt me in the process, on any level.

And yes ego has to reconsolidate constantly or else is a dead end. 

In reality working from the ego is simple to identify, Allan Wats mentioned the pressure in the skull and is true.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, SFRL said:

@Joseph Maynor

Just take a two week or however long break while you are in India man. 

Smell the roses, enjoy life, real life is more important then forum life. 

You will feel much better afterwards. 

Sometimes you got to disconnect, do your own self-development, then when you feel like it you come back and you got a new perspective on things. 

I read your post sometimes and you seem to be doing good lately. 

Just enjoy it man. Let it go. 

Thanks man.  I'm proud of everything I wrote in this thread and stand by everything I wrote in this thread.  But I realize too that enough has been said by me.  [Places cherry on top].  Kiss kiss.  Now I want more intelligent answers to the original call of the thread.  The attempted derailment and sabotage of my thread has run its course I'm happy to see.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Joseph, you study a LOT, I admire how seriously you take it. I wish you'd interact with us more. That's my projection because I need to do the opposite I suppose. 

This is sarcasm right?

You also said:

''...of not wasting your time with people who annoy you...''

Hold on this is how i deal with toxic people. Leo says that life is to short to deal (waste my time) with toxic people. It works, I got rid of almost all of my friends. I do not miss them. If anything i would have liked to get rid of them sooner.

I know how it is and what it is to be addicted to a forum: I was addicted to a poker forum, boy that was toxic...

27 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

This is sarcasm right?

You also said:

''...of not wasting your time with people who annoy you...''

Hold on this is how i deal with toxic people. Leo says that life is to short to deal (waste my time) with toxic people. It works, I got rid of almost all of my friends. I do not miss them. If anything i would have liked to get rid of them sooner.

I know how it is and what it is to be addicted to a forum: I was addicted to a poker forum, boy that was toxic...

I'm not addicted to gambling (thank God), but I am addicted to my life purpose.  There's a difference.  I have a buddy with a severe gambling addiction and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  That might be worst addiction, maybe worse than a hard drug addiction.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm not addicted to gambling, but I am addicted to my life purpose.  There's a difference.

I’ve been addicted to my life purpose. It became toxic and delusional, ending in severe suffering. Perhaps a better way to describe it is “totally committed” if you’re not basing your identity off it 

13 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I’ve been addicted to my life purpose. It became toxic and delusional, ending in severe suffering. Perhaps a better way to describe it is “totally committed” if you’re not basing your identity off it 

Well, I'm just saying if we're speaking in terms of addiction.  He framed it as my "addiction" to the Forum, so that's why I'm speaking in terms of that frame.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

No, i was not addicted to gambling i was addicted to a poker strategy forum. I used to be a poker grinder.

Poker used to be a game of skill like chess or pool, not anymore. Corporate greed turned it into a slot machine + all the A.I. cheating, scamming and colluding. That's why i stopped playing, and also the fact that i was not good enough to make it a nice profitable career.

The worse that happened to me was that i was a slight winner. When you are a winner you just tell yourself: -''OK, I am a winner, all i have to do to be a baller is play more and work on my game.'' I would have rather being an undisciplined losing gambler.

Because when you are a loser you know you are a loser, so you know how not to waste your time following pipe dreams about one day being Dan Bilzerian LOL!

Edited by Arcangelo
n

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Well, I'm just saying if we're speaking in terms of addiction.  He mentioned my "addiction" to the Forum, so that's why I'm speaking in that frame.

Yeye that’s cool man. Btw I’ve had SO many addictions in my life ? and not one of them was impactful than life purpose 

@ArcangeloI was a grinder too unfortunately after it became too popular 

9 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Yeye that’s cool man. Btw I’ve had SO many addictions in my life ? and not one of them was impactful than life purpose 

@ArcangeloI was a grinder too unfortunately after it became too popular 

Life purpose is a good addiction dude.  You're wrong about that.  You probably had a bunk life purpose.  When you find your legit life purpose, you wanna be addicted to that because it's right in line with what you wanna be doing with your life.  Addiction to your legit life purpose is what makes you amazing and great at what you do because you're spending all your time working on it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Life purpose is a good addiction dude.  You're wrong about that.  You probably had a bunk life purpose.  When you find your legit life purpose, you wanna be addicted to that because it's right in line with what you wanna be doing with your life.

Don’t think I can avoid putting this bluntly, life purpose is an illusion. Addiction implies attachment which your ego only builds on. I like to think of life purpose as a passion/love where I can express that. Commitment can be healthy but addiction has consequences 

34 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Don’t think I can avoid putting this bluntly, life purpose is an illusion. Addiction implies attachment which your ego only builds on. I like to think of life purpose as a passion/love where I can express that. Commitment can be healthy but addiction has consequences 

That's an unfortunate belief that you're white-knuckle clinging to.  It's a common trap for people on the Path to believe that.  I should write an essay about this topic in my Journal.  In fact, I will do so because it's a real bear of a trap on the Path.  Somebody has spread a bad belief like a virus (or bad cultural meme) about Enlightenment work somehow being at odds with Life Purpose Work.  It's hurt a lot of people.  I see it all around me in India.  People who have Enlightenment but they're living like bums on the street.  It's really sad.  And what's sadder is they think that's what's best for them!  I see them all over Dehli, these "renouncers".  These people are basically living like bums on the street in miserable conditions thinking that they're doing the right thing.  Somebody has really screwed up the thinking about Enlightenment work vs. Life Purpose work.  This is serious shit, this isn't just some intellectual farting-around discussion.  This is the difference between a quality life and a shit life.  You're not noble by renouncing anything.  What you become is a loser with a painful, tragic life.  We gotta be more intelligent.  You gotta use that brain and think for yourself.  Use your common sense.  See, but these people have been misled by these mis-informed and mal-informedd"gurus" into thinking that being a bum on the street is somehow a noble, quality life.  This just goes to show that the human mind has pros and cons.  You don't see any other animals doing this -- and that's because they don't have the cons of our "believing brain".  And the believing brain needs beliefs.  But where do these beliefs come from?  You, culture, gurus, your parents, ideology?  What?  The believing brain is only as high or low quality as the beliefs it contains.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's an unfortunate belief that you're white-knuckle clinging to.  It's a common trap for people on the Path to believe that.  I should write an essay about this topic in my Journal.  In fact, I will do so because it's a real bear of a trap on the Path.  Somebody has spread a bad belief like a virus (or bad cultural meme) about Enlightenment work somehow being at odds with Life Purpose Work.  It's hurt a lot of people.  I see it all around me in India.  People who have Enlightenment but they're living like bums on the street.  It's really sad.  And what's sadder is they think that's what's best for them!

My dude. I don’t consider myself on the path anymore other than being on the path of life. You do know the definition of addiction? Haven’t you noticed many people retire (professional athletes etc) and then their life falls to shit because their life purpose is over. I once looked up the word addiction to find out if it ever could be used in a positive way, it can but not seriously 

Edited by DrewNows

@Joseph Maynor those people may have fallen down the rabbit hole but don’t think they are wrong in where they are...because they are there 

on a side note. I love life purpose, and I’m pursuing it quite differently than I had for most of my life ❤️

Beware of the idea of a quality life for it may blind you ;) 

Edited by DrewNows

54 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Joseph Maynor those people may have fallen down the rabbit hole but don’t think they are wrong in where they are...because they are there 

on a side note. I love life purpose, and I’m pursuing it quite differently than I had for most of my life ❤️

Beware of the idea of a quality life for it may blind you ;) 

No.  They are there because of beliefs that have been accepted by them.  They weren't born with those beliefs.  Beliefs are culturally created and transmitted memes.  And some of those memes that spread like viruses are very bad beliefs indeed.  Obviously, there are pros and cons to everything.  There are pros to being a bum on the street too.  And, paradoxically, there are cons to having your life well put-together.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The answer is simple. In one of Leo's videos, he said that devils have double standards. Classic devilry.

Edited by CreamCat

2 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

The answer is simple. In one of Leo's videos, he said that devils have double standards. Classic devilry.

Who's the devil calling everyone else devils?  Contemplate that one.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor