Joseph Maynor

Who Projects Onto Everyone Else But Is Sensitive To Being Projected On Themselves

169 posts in this topic

What is this psychologically?  What causes this?  Just curious.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Lol

Oh Joe...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Gimme your Godlike wisdom on this issue Leo haha.  Maybe some of the lesser mortals on the Forum can answer this too.  I'm serious.  I wanna understand this.  Let's get some light shined on this issue.  Calling all mortals!  Greetings from India.  Somebody make my day and give me a good insight before I go out and explore Dehli today.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Oh Joe...

This is gonna keep people from answering this question.  The tactic of ridiculing the question and/or the questioner.  That's too bad.  Either way I will write on this topic in my Journal, but I wanna get other perspectives on this issue first in order to get a sanity check before I write about this topic.  People please chime in!  Especially people who know some psychology or people who are armchair psychologists.  You know who you are haha.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Who Projects Onto Everyone Else But Is Sensitive To Being Projected On Themselves..... Are you asking the question as....... Who here does this?

I can't speculate for other cultures but I'd say excluding children and people with a severe learning disability or brain damage, perhaps about 95% of people would do this to some degree? I'm not sure you are looking for this kind of response...

100% of my immediate family do it, that much I can tell you :D    I do it a lot and I am aware of it now thankfully, so I can start to work on it. 

If this thread develops into a good discussion I'll try and get more involved. 

I'm not sure if you noticed but you did exactly what you've accused members of this forum of.  After your initial accusational ascertion aimed at all members, when Leo reflected this back on you, you became defensive and threw an insult to Leo. Plus you wrote excuses as to why the thread may fail, all somone else's fault.

27 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

I'm not sure if you noticed but you did exactly what you've accused members of this forum of.  After your initial accusational ascertion aimed at all members, when Leo reflected this back on you, you became defensive and threw an insult to Leo. Plus you wrote excuses as to why the thread may fail, all somone else's fault.

Another non-answer answer.  Leo opened the door for this to happen.  I knew it and immediately called it.  This thread fell stillborn immediately after I posted it.  Ya'll are gonna rally to Leo's defense like a flock of birds alighting upon the single squawk of the dominant bird.  I should just hide this thread because it's likely already polluted and has been preemptively sabotaged by Leo.  That's ok, I'll still write on this issue in my Journal regardless of what comments this post attracts.  Beat me up if you choose to, I don't care.  That's on you.  The issue is what it is regardless of personality.  The issue stands alone.  I'm ahead of you all and have anticipated all of this.  Carry on.  Let's all have a look at what responses this post generates like curious scientists observing a troop of gorillas from a distance.  Fascinating!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I don't see how this is a non answer

• you accused members of projecting
  • Leo reflected it back
  • you became defensive and threw an insult to Leo

pretty cut and dry

Who or what experiences projecting and being projected upon?
A person or identity. What is a person? An idea/assumption based upon the sense of  being an individual self or body-mind as an identity.. "I am this idea of myself" which is itself a projection.  The word Person comes from Latin persona meaning ‘actor's mask, character in a play. This sense of self (who I am),or ones identity (persona), being based on ones beliefs,assumptions,thoughts,ideas,likes/dislikes etc., projects those beliefs,assumptions,thoughts,ideas,likes/dislikes onto other so called individual selfs,and,in taking oneself to be this individual persona or identity ,is subject(i.e,susceptible ) to having that identity being projected upon.

I guess xD

2 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

I don't see how this is a non answer

• you accused members of projecting
  • Leo reflected it back
  • you became defensive and threw an insult to Leo

pretty cut and dry

HAHA perfect!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

HAHA perfect!

I second this motion.  Is there a third?  Motion passes.  I guess the issue is moot.  Not!  This is fascinating to watch.  This is how cults work.  I need to write my essay on cult-like behavior which I had indefinitely shelved.  I will learn something here either way.  Bring it!  Whatever you want.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I second this motion.  Is there a third?  Motion passes.  I guess the issue is moot.  Not!  This is fascinating to watch.  This is how cults work.

Cults; Is this your second string topic if the first went down, is there a third? 

I made a projection thread so you can debate about projection while you project. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I made a projection thread so you can debate about projection while you project. xD

You're a great lawyer.  Good job.  You're not doing any favors for me though in this thread.  I'm sure Leo is proud of you.  Your loyalty to your master is proved.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Joe, just observe your reactiveness.

There is no need to defend yourself or your image.

With love.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor Joe, just observe your reactiveness.

There is no need to defend yourself or your image.

With love.

Haha.  Of course I'm being reactive, my thread is being sabotaged and I'm being unfairly swarmed by your flock Leo.  You don't see your own hypocrisy Leo.  You use morality as a bludgeon not as a light.  You got a lot of shadow work to do yet.  If the truth hurts, sabotage this thread to soothe your own Ego already.  I know you want to.  You use the pretense of morality to buttress your own massive Ego.  If the truth hurts, so be it.  I'm a truth-teller not a cult member.  Leo, your own innumerable videos are an encyclopedia of reactiveness.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think one of the things I've learned from personal experience about projection, aided by a reading on this (I think by Don Miguel Ruiz) is how I/we can project ourselves onto others and then try to entrap the other to defend the projection that we ourselves have put on them.

Like, putting words in someone mouth and then demanding said person justify their words that we have given them! I guess like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I have learned that myself, I may not overtly demand someone justify my own projection to them, but I might do it the cowardly way via passive aggression or withdrawal of service (friendship, closeness etc). 

@Joseph Maynor Read my last post again.

I am not attacking you.

I just notice you keep getting caught up in these reactive patterns. That's something to outgrow, if you want. It must be painful. Why not put an end to it? You don't want to live life defending yourself. You want to be creative instead.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor Read my last post again.

I am not attacking you.

I never said you are attacking me.  You don't need to.  You just blow the dog-whistle and your flock come to your aid like a swarm of bees.  The leader rarely has to fight himself.  Look at Donald Trump.  Trump has all his minions do his dirty work. Trump doesn't even use email, he only communicates orally and forbids note-taking in his conversations.  The leader doesn't fight, his minions do it for him.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Drake140 said:

So why do you get affected by people who get controlled by a dog whistle? Must not be that different from them, if they are such.

I'm not really affected, I'm playing this out to observe this stuff like a curious scientist.  Carry on and please don't close this thread moderators.  Leo -- I like you man, don't misunderstand me.  I get it.  The mechanizations of Ego aren't bad unless they're in the shadow and hypocritically denied.  Great men discuss ideas; let's get this discussion back to ideas and take this out of the vulgar mud of trading personal insults.  Somebody please address the call of my question.  Take personality out of it.  Take any petty personal loyalties out of it.  We've been there, done that now.  Let's get some ideas explored now.  Nobody is impressed by your attempts to butt-kiss in lieu of answering this question intelligently.  I will no longer respond to petty schoolyard antics in this thread.

Edited by Joseph Maynor