Preetom

Leo Gura is creating a modern Religion - knowingly or unknowingly

173 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will do it gladly. With love. Don't think of it as being the same stuck on a loop. You can make new choices each incarnation. It's like playing a video game. Each playthrough is different. Life's not a movie, it's a video game!

And you can beat it!  Then go back and play again :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Preetom said:

This came up as an afterthought of watching Leos latest video on the point of life.

This whole "understanding all of reality" theme of Leo is not something new or out of blue as many people take it.

What is religion but an attempt to express "understanding all of reality" in it's own historical time and place?

For an average Muslim, the Quran represents "understanding all of reality". For a Christian, the Bible represents "understanding all of reality", so on and so forth.

Leo is translating and expressing the same spiritual realization with modern metaphors, symbols and educated speculations. Aka a modern religion. Any prophet/spiritual teacher who ever attempted to do it, created a religion knowingly or unknowingly.

This marks the clear distinction between actual spiritual realization and religion. 

Whereas a genuine realization itself is the absolute, religion has to inherently come with an implicit set of morality, value hierarchcy, context, missionary themes, prophets and holy books or theories regarded as "understanding all of reality" just to talk about it.

Why am i saying all this? As a reminder of the limitation of religion. Gurdjiff used to say which Leo mentioned as well in his video "the staggering depth of your unawareness" that pursuing Awareness is the most serious business there is. And the biggest problem in this business is almost all people take it for granted to possess something already which they don't have at all. How can one want to pursue awareness if one thinks he already have it?

So basically the trap of religion is Jesus did it for me, Leo Gura understood and explained all of reality for me. Now I can pretend and create a false sense of spirituality in my life by adhering to these prophets and their messages, while actually my fate is being sealed to remain as a deluded pig once and for all who will never engage in an original investigation or pursuit most likely.

I can totally imagine this turning into a religion like Islam is today 

I mean imagine Muhammad with his family only a handful of people starting a controversial move, being outcasted all the time, just within their own little group of people discussing spiritual teachings while no one else would even want to listen and even towards the end of their time when the last imam was still present and could witness the fate of his religion, there were only four followers left and he would've thought well then that's it, nothing has remained of it for the future but even that four followers turned into this shia group of Muslims who are still fighting over whether Shia is the correct one or Sunni  

now actualzed.org is not even four people 

3 minutes ago, mmKay said:

I don't see how the universe can repeat itself. Time is always moving forward, without end. For time to have an end there must be a limit. It seems to me that the process of creation is limitless and therefore endless.

@Anderz Time is couched within reality.  Reality itself is Infinite.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 But when did time begin? The obvious answer as I see it is that time began now. The entire past is compressed into the single eternal now moment. So there is an actual past, such as billions of years since the Big Bang but the entire past manifests instantly in the now.

And the motion of time is because the process of creation is infinite. There is no "external clock" or anything like that, no entity or process outside our reality able to change reality blasting into existence moment by moment in the single eternal now.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will do it gladly. With love. Don't think of it as being the same stuck on a loop. You can make new choices each incarnation. It's like playing a video game. Each playthrough is different. Life's not a movie, it's a video game!

That is strange. Sometimes i have moment of feeling that I've lived that moment before, but from that moment life went into different direction. :/

4 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@Inliytened1 But when did time begin? The obvious answer as I see it is that time began now. The entire past is compressed into the single eternal now moment. So there is an actual past, such as billions of years since the Big Bang but the entire past manifests instantly in the now.

And the motion of time is because the process of creation is infinite. There is no "external clock" or anything like that, no entity or process outside our reality able to change reality blasting into existence moment by moment in the single eternal now.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The question isn't when did time begin, its when did Infinity begin.  And because it's infinite it has no beginning and no end.  It has always been here, and was never here.

Time is an idea thought up by Infinity.  Or the Mind.  It was thought up by you you just aren't aware of it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Aakash "i am going to become a serial killer. but it's ok... the purpose of this is so that people will be able to learn about pain. it's the grand-design of the universe!"

amazing doorway to devilry. and yes, it's very likely that some serial killer out there is killing people while telling such story to himself.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The question isn't when did time begin, its when did Infinity begin. 

Infinity began now! Or IS now, one might say. There is only the eternal single now moment. And the process of creation is endless since infinity has no end. Time is simply a result of infinite information unfolding in the now.

@ajasatya i'm not advocating it, i'm just saying in metaphoric terms. 

but even that itself will be part of the grand design yes

@Anderz

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry i gotta get the quote thing figured out. Haven't had time.

But yes Inifnity IS the present moment.  The present moment is the formless and you can literally become it.  Its Being.

But you are being infinity now as your perspective.  But you are the formed.  You are a finitude of infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Anderz but its not a continuous now, its a single snapchat frozen in time you could say where now, past ,future, all timelines, alternative timeless, ghosts, paranormal phenomena, siddihis, love all exsist , without any direction of up, down, left ,right , centre , edge

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are a finitude of infinity.

I like that definition. I even think of my individual eternal soul as a point within infinity. A point is noting by itself and is just a reference position.

The process of creation is one single infinite unit and we as humans are highly complex views within that process. So there are individual selves but they don't consist of anything! We are just views, although we have free will in the sense that our personal choices and actions are a necessary part of manifesting reality.

•

how is this a finitude?

8 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Anderz but its not a continuous now, its a single snapchat frozen in time you could say where now, past ,future, all timelines, alternative timeless, ghosts, paranormal phenomena, siddihis, love all exsist , without any direction of up, down, left ,right , centre , edge

The entire past is squeezed into the now as a huge chunk of information. And the amount of information is growing all the time in the now. So the future doesn't exist yet. Time travel is impossible. Multiple timelines are impossible.

Siddhis on the other hand are possible. Paranormal phenomena are possible, and so on.

@Anderz the future already exsist and has happened lol, but its normally taken out of context

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@Anderz the future already exsist and has happened lol, but its normally taken out of context

If you can show me the actual future I will believe you. :D But more seriously in a sense the future does exist as a potential. I often think of it as with the very simple example of Pi = 3.14159265... For sufficiently large decimals their values are unknown! Because the decimals must actually, factually be calculated for them to become manifested (known). The past is then similar to the known decimals and the future as the unknown decimals.