Preetom

Leo Gura is creating a modern Religion - knowingly or unknowingly

173 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ajasatya said:

nobody can reincarnate.

The Dalai Lama actually said something similar, that there is reincarnation but it's not personal. Something like that. And I have been thinking about several people claiming to having been the same person in the past. In theory that could be possible if they can tap into the collective memory of humanity.

@Leo Gura i want to know your opinion of my post with anderz, how does one varify your new realisations if enlightenment of the self does not varify it for you? do you have to contemplate the holistic nature of god and therefore arrive at those awakenings? and are these teachings mainstream or not ?

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

leo can't be a prophet lol! theres no such person as leo with his unique perception looool its literally god telling himself what hes discovered about himself 

kinda like leos story about the elephants and each of them touching a different part and describing different features of the same thing.

No features, no thing. No unique perception, no creation. 

So sure, I created Leo to teach me all the stuff I couldn't see on my own. 

You got me. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The devil will never allow a mountain of truth to sit uncorrupted out in the open.

It looks like the 10 Ox Herding Pics story is uncorrupted. Unless a person has had a true Satori, he/she will not be bothered about the story and will not know what it is. That's why it remains unpopular, esp to the mainstream. When this story passes down through human history, it still remains at the top of the pyramid of Maslow's. Well Leo, you're right. This story is written so that it's not out in the open.

if you do something terrible to your family like murdering your wife in front of your kids, the karmic mark of such attitude will be so deep that it will affect your grandchildren and probably your great-grandchildren. such continuity of suffering is already the Spirit reincarnating and gathering its own thorns.

the Spirit is ONE. it's an infinitely complex net that connects EVERYTHING (and, of course, EVERYONE) from "past", "present" and "future".

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Key Elements but pictures are open to interpretations, unlike abstract texts. 

Yes, but no one bothers about it. They don't say extreme dogmas like, "you're going to hell if you don't believe in God."

1 minute ago, ajasatya said:

if you do something terrible to your family like murdering your wife in front of your kids, the karmic mark of such attitude will be so deep that it will affect your grandchildren and probably your great-grandchildren. such continuity of suffering is already the Spirit reincarnating and gathering its own thorns.

No. God's grace is infinite. But it has to be accepted. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Religion=Ego-mind

Truth=Direct experience

Direct experience=?

?=?

God can only know God. Nothing but you can know you. For there is only you.

Just now, Aakash said:

@Key Elements but pictures are open to interpretations, unlike abstract texts. 

Abstract texts are not open to interpretations ?

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah, I don't believe in God in any way, shape, or form.  To me that's just metaphysical storytelling that some people need to do for whatever reason.  And I support them doing that.  You don't want to hinder people from doing what they need to do.  So, I say, go for it.  See where it leads you.  See what you can learn from it in your life.  I was religious earlier on in my life, so I can't say I'd be where I am now if I didn't go through that religious phase.  For some reason I needed to do that, and I did, and I'm proud of it.  But it's not where I am now on my path.  

I know you do a lot of journals on here. Not looked at them much yet, but whatever you are doing it seems to be working as I have seen a few posts from you that scream high levels of humility and openmindedness. Two things I am chasing. Two things that if I can get right, my life, and those around me, will surely get better. 

@ajasatya exactly, i've had this story since i was 13 its one i've made up and still holds strong today 

if i murderer stabs a teenager to death, his friends and parents will know the pain of death, that parent holds the pain but must let go of it by help from grace, the friend looks for revenge and kills the murderer. The friend now becomes the murderer with an excuse but the parents of the new murderer finds out. the new murderer gets sent to prision and the parents hold pain again. this murderer has kids and now must grow up with the grandparents who teach him good, but the murderer teaches him bad when he comes out of prison

the chain goes on and on on a grand scale, but it was all for the purpose of teaching pain and for people to learn. one karmic actions affects everything from anywhere between 200 - 20000 years into the future

22 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

@Leo Gura

So this incarnation will happen again . Oh shit . I have been lately afraid of this idea . That I will have to experience all this suffering again ,forgetting who I am , forgetting love again and again ??.

You will do it gladly. With love. Don't think of it as being the same stuck on a loop. You can make new choices each incarnation. It's like playing a video game. Each playthrough is different. Life's not a movie, it's a video game!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

but it was all for the purpose of

is "purpose" an story of the mind to make acceptance easier or is it fundamentally TRUE?

unborn Truth

6 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Actual spiritual realisation is not superior to religion! Direct experience is just a belief!

+ on that

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

nobody can reincarnate. GOD/Spirit reincarnates. spiritual development and the evolution of species are ONE.

thinking along the lines "someone reincarnates" or "when i reincarnate" doesn't quite reach it.

yes but, ego reincarnates based on previous experience

12 minutes ago, Shin said:

Abstract texts are not open to interpretations ?

?

Exactly! Looks like abstract texts are opened to more dogmatic interpretations.

its fundamentally true, because were all interconnected one , what ever thought you hold affects my life and vice versa. what i'm saying is- its not purposeful for the individual but its purposeful for the whole of reality, for example the teenager that was killed lead to the discovery of a new power source because there was a local news article about the stabbing that happened in 1940, in 2000 the picture was looked at and there was a glowing tile on the floor that could only be captured by camera. That glowing tile was unmasked and discovered to be a multimillion pound business which is now killing thousands of people in africa, and the african government is now acting on it. 

not purposeful for the individual, but to the collective whole

1 hour ago, hundreth said:

@Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura is right about others turning his teachings into religion. He has always been explicit about not doing this. I see way too many here parroting things Leo says as if they are absolute fact. Though I would say Leo inadvertently contributes to this by hammering his truth into whoever questions him. When you're confused and the leader here refers to your behaviors as devilry, either you or onlookers with weaker minds will fall into blind faith parroting and mimicking to stay in line. 

"This is the answer you devil!" - What do you expect is going to happen?

1 hour ago, hundreth said:

@Joseph Maynor making some really good points here. Take some time off the forum, brother. 

@Leo Gura is right about others turning his teachings into religion. He has always been explicit about not doing this. I see way too many here parroting things Leo says as if they are absolute fact. Though I would say Leo inadvertently contributes to this by hammering his truth into whoever questions him. When you're confused and the leader here refers to your behaviors as devilry, either you or onlookers with weaker minds will fall into blind faith parroting and mimicking to stay in line. 

"This is the answer you devil!" - What do you expect is going to happen?

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Maybe I just don't take things seriously enough, but if Leo responded to me by calling me a devil and that my idea, belief or action is devilry I would just laugh. I wouldn't think I am a devil. I wouldn't think I am evil. You are stating that some people with weaker minds might take it personally or actually believe it, or feel coerced to agree with Leo's beliefs? I think vulnerable people can access all forums and vulnerable people are at risk of having an adverse reaction to comments they read online, but I am not sure what Leo can do about this. 

6 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Maybe I just don't take things seriously enough, but if Leo responded to me by calling me a devil and that my idea, belief or action is devilry I would just laugh. I wouldn't think I am a devil. I wouldn't think I am evil. You are stating that some people with weaker minds might take it personally or actually believe it, or feel coerced to agree with Leo's beliefs? I think vulnerable people can access all forums and vulnerable people are at risk of having an adverse reaction to comments they read online, but I am not sure what Leo can do about this. 

Most people are weak minded. He can stop overusing the word "devil" and drop the air of condemnation when there is confusion, challenge, or disagreement. This would help.