Preetom

Leo Gura is creating a modern Religion - knowingly or unknowingly

173 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Religion is not created by the mystic but by his unrealized, unpracticing followers.

It's not about me, it's about you! What will you create? Will you be a devil? Or will you actualize Godliness?

Of course ego will come in and corrupt my teachings -- and all teachings. It cannot be otherwise. Wherever there is truth there is devilry not far behind. The devil will never allow a mountain of truth to sit uncorrupted out in the open.

If Jesus existed he spoke Truth but look what his not enlightened disciples done. Even if they were all enlightened and had good intentions some devil Will come up and corrupt. It is like chain reaction from that point. For Truth you have to do work yourself alone. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Leo Gura is it possible that someone who is deeply enlightened reincarnates into a low consciousness person, or is the level of consciousness of reincarnation always increasing?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Joseph Maynor making some really good points here. Take some time off the forum, brother. 

@Leo Gura is right about others turning his teachings into religion. He has always been explicit about not doing this. I see way too many here parroting things Leo says as if they are absolute fact. Though I would say Leo inadvertently contributes to this by hammering his truth into whoever questions him. When you're confused and the leader here refers to your behaviors as devilry, either you or onlookers with weaker minds will fall into blind faith parroting and mimicking to stay in line. 

"This is the answer you devil!" - What do you expect is going to happen?

@hundreth You know, it does not matter what leo says to be honest, he may well be accurate and more educated/ higher consciousness than us. to the extent he is able to articulate reality better (as it should be for someone who has studied scriptures and books and combined/ cross referenced). so if the goal is to speak from a position of love, there needs to be some form of guidance, whether the teacher chooses directly to speak truth (by which the mind will not grasp instantly without any experience) or they say it indirectly like most gurus (so the mind will be able to contemplate and pick it up itself through experiencing) therefore to drum it in may be apart of the process 

but the reason why i say it doesn't matter is because you yourself have to experience enlightenment regardless to get grounding in infinity, otherwise your just wondering aimlessly in infinity 

none the less, the teachings still hold true in that infinity, but the truly advanced stuff can obviously only be known once you know your true nature first of all, until then speculating about god will also be true, more true so than saying you are human and filtering the world like that. its like your bootstrapping your own consciousness by picking up dogma (non verified experiences) 

@hundreth be careful about saying people are parroting Leo's teachings as fact.  Unless you have had direct mystical experiences you don't know that.

Also, people tend to turn Leo's teachings into Leos teachings.  They are not that.  You can become directly conscious that you are actuality reality/God/Absolute Infinity itself.

God is a better word for it because you discover it/you can think, and feel, and Love.  Love so much that it is Absolutely fundamental.  So calling infinity a dumb random thing is not accurate at all.

Truth has nothing to do with Leo other than he is an idea within the mind.  In fact he is you teaching you.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@hundreth be careful about saying people are parroting Leo's teachings as fact.  Unless you have had direct mystical experiences you don't know that.

Also, people tend to turn Leo's teachings into Leos teachings.  They are not that.  You can become directly conscious that you are actuality reality/God/Absolute Infinity itself.

God is a better word for it because you discover it/you can think, and feel, and Love.  Love so much that it is Absolutely fundamental.  So calling infinity a dumb random thing is not accurate at all.

Truth has nothing to do with Leo other than he is an idea within the mind.  In fact he is you teaching you.

Lol here we go... 

Does having a mystical experience (which I've had a handful) turn me into the three eyed raven? You are a perfect example of said parrot.

@hundreth then you haven't had a mystical experience of the magnitude of which i speak.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@hundreth its funny, yes having mystical experience is meant to TURN YOU EXACTLY INTO A THREE EYED RAVEN ANDDDDDDDDDD

BRANDON STARK THE THREE EYED RAVEN

The one true king ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin shh no spoilers for those who haven't watched thats why i never gave the full title 

Leo also said in the video that his most powerful teachings are yet to come, and I'm looking forward to that because I have been amazed by many of his other videos and I'm curious about whether I will agree or not with the new teachings.

@Anderz lol that maybe abit difficult simply because there's no conventional way (i.e the path to enlightenment) that takes into consideration what leo is talking about. simply pu the average person isn't going to read 10% of what leo has read, or have as quality trips as leo has had without taking 10x the amount of 5meo as he has had. 

i think its now about taking it on trust and good faith

because were not talking about enlightenment here, thats realising your god and who you are, leo is more about connecting the missing links in reality, which aren't on traditional paths, lets take what is the point of life for example 

the best buddist say is "right work" they don't say any more i think 

the best spiritual people say is "your job is to reach enlightenment" 

the best hindu's say is "correct dharma" or "the play of life" 

there's no talk about creativity 

so there is no actual path to were leo is, from what i've understood- i've never heard another enlightened being even talk about it- otherwise i would have picked up on it already 

so were talking about non mainstream areas within the spritual realm, for example non duality would actually be considered mainstream in the spiritual realm and the word enlightenment. 

so there's no mainstream paths to come to this realisation and this is where i think leo's teachings will fall flat. he can say it- but how do you arrive there for proofing and therefore it automatically turns dogmatic and religious for you to "see whether you agree"

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura is it possible that someone who is deeply enlightened reincarnates into a low consciousness person, or is the level of consciousness of reincarnation always increasing?

It tends to be ever-increasing. It doesn't make such sense for Albert Einstein to incarnate into a kangaroo. That would be a step down.

Consider the possibility that there are higher beings than humans that you can incarnate into after you've maxed out being human. Consider the possibility of an entire chain of beings which are not even physical or part of our universe  ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, jbram2002 said:

Ah, I'm a little late to the discussion. Oh well.

Leo's already become a religion. I see that in almost every post I read here (with the exception of a few members). Many people already worship him and his beliefs. He has his own sermons that we are expected to watch and follow, his own communion, his own prayers. People debate over the best way to interpret his words as if they were somehow holy. 

However, I think we need to be careful about it. There's a difference between sharing a belief and making a religion out of something. Religion is what happens when many people who share a belief decide to erect rules and statutes about that belief. It happens when people gatekeep others out of the belief. Currently that's not really being done much here, but if people aren't careful, it definitely could begin to happen. 

Leo is a fallible human who is wrong almost as often as he is right, just like most of us. He has significant flaws, some of which even he is unaware of. If those statements offend you, then you already consider his teachings a religion. Take the religion out of spirituality and open your mind.

I'm new here. I've plucked your post out without reading every single post in this thread. This is a really funny thread for me. Half this post here of mine probably doesn't directly relate to what your saying to be fair, but I feel like letting some stuff out (my humble opinions).

Even though I'm new I thought my perspective might have some validity, even if just a tiny bit! I lurked on this forum for ages. I watched a few "bits" of some of Leo's videos and thought the forum could be useful but that I'd avoid that crazy bald-headed guy in the videos who seems to have gone mad through all the obsessing about self-help books. This was my ignorance. 

I've still not watched a full video of his so I admit I still probably speak with some ignorance. 

However, a lot of the small bits of video's I've seen and posts he has made on here, has him strongly advising to keep an open mind and seek input from other teachers. 

You have used a lot of religious type words in your post but could the following also be true or valid?

"Leo's already become a religion" - Are you speaking for yourself or on behalf of many? Your language seems to indicate you are fairly certain that one man has in fact become a "religion".

"I see that in almost every post I read here (with the exception of a few members)" - Almost every post? This forum? I've not noticed that.

"Many people already worship him and his beliefs" - This can happen with many, many people who run big forums or social media platforms. There might be 50 million more people who worship Justin Bieber than Leo. People want to buy into something, if it wasn't Leo, it would be someone else. Worship him and his beliefs? Or perhaps resonate and are curious? Of course there would be some that buy into his beliefs completely. It's normal. I don't think it's excessive on here for that.

At one point I thought Leo was a complete turd. A joke. A megalomaniac. Looking at some of his video's and posts I don't really see someone like that. He is almost indifferent to the praise and indifferent but mostly responsive to the "groupies" who keep making threads asking him a question. 

"He has his own sermons that we are expected to watch and follow" - Expected? Really? Can you honestly say that? Or encouraged, advised to watch? I would say often Leo is merely making a "suggestion" to watch his videos. 

"Leo is a fallible human who is wrong almost as often as he is right, just like most of us. He has significant flaws, some of which even he is unaware of. If those statements offend you, then you already consider his teachings a religion. Take the religion out of spirituality and open your mind." - This comment seems a definite reach. You sound like his therapist! You are also telling me that if your post offends me (which it doesn't), then I already consider his teachings a religion. Really? My offense to your post = I consider his teachings a religion? 

If people (us) are led up some garden path by someone like Leo on the internet, then that's on us. Some of the posts on this thread make out that Leo has some special powers or something. 

I've never had any dialogue with Leo. I'm hazarding a guess he won't mind if people veered away from this website if they found a better teacher or got bored or sick of his talks, advice and feedback. 

Religion is a strange loop. I ended up right back at the religion I was born into. I see it now as an infinite rabbit hole.

Yeah, Leo is a prophet.

Religion is only limiting if you look at it as a stop on the loop and can't see the whole. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

leo can't be a prophet lol! theres no such person as leo with his unique perception looool its literally god telling himself what hes discovered about himself 

kinda like leos story about the elephants and each of them touching a different part and describing different features of the same thing.

@Leo Gura

So this incarnation will happen again . Oh shit . I have been lately afraid of this idea . That I will have to experience all this suffering again ,forgetting who I am , forgetting love again and again ??.

nobody can reincarnate. GOD/Spirit reincarnates. spiritual development and the evolution of species are ONE.

thinking along the lines "someone reincarnates" or "when i reincarnate" doesn't quite reach it.

unborn Truth

Just now, ajasatya said:

nobody can reincarnate. GOD/Spirit reincarnates. spiritual development and the evolution of species are ONE.

thinking along the lines "someone reincarnates" or "when i reincarnate" doesn't quite reach it.

The Buddhists have the idea of "Mental Continuum" which isn't a permanent YOU but something as close to a temporary identity as one could come to understand...

https://studybuddhism.com/en/advanced-studies/lam-rim/impermanence-death/how-mental-continuums-perpetuate-themselves

Why are people so afraid of relegion. Relegion is good in general ,it is way better than the current western culture . religious psychopaths and sociopaths are bad.