Preetom

Leo Gura is creating a modern Religion - knowingly or unknowingly

173 posts in this topic

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Don't sit around and talk about it.  Go do it.

What if my life purpose is to sit around and talk about life? :P

What if that's how I do it?

I know you know ;)

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

What if my life purpose is to sit around and talk about life? :P

What if that's how I do it?

I know you know ;)

I spent decades in my mind-space and that's what I had to do apparently.  But I realized at a certain point that I was hiding-out in fantasy instead of embracing reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor ahmen thats a lesson i need to take very seriously. but don't know how to lol. i was always scheming how to live my best possible life but after this video i'm very well aware its beyond my capacity to be god like and even though its a limiting belief itself. i find it difficult to accept delivery- how do you do it 

since you've said before you don't want to become enlightened 

like i feel my being trying to go against the grain and push for it, but to be honest there's also a part of me that doesn't want to work that hard and therefore can't

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor ahmen thats a lesson i need to take very seriously. but don't know how to lol. i was always scheming how to live my best possible life but after this video i'm very well aware its beyond my capacity to be god like and even though its a limiting belief itself. i find it difficult to accept delivery- how do you do it 

since you've said before you don't want to become enlightened 

like i feel my being trying to go against the grain and push for it, but to be honest there's also a part of me that doesn't want to work that hard and therefore can't

I feel like I am Enlightened.  When you're Enlightened, you don't need to cling to any stories about Enlightenment anymore.  Just like after you get your driver's license, you don't need to study that little book of driving rules anymore, you can throw that book away.  You just drive the damn car.  That's it.  You don't need to make a big story out of Enlightenment anymore to white-knuckle cling to.  People that are making a big story out of Enlightenment and white-knuckle clinging to that, they're not quite there yet.  And that's ok.  That's part of the Path.  Everybody goes through that phase of the Path.  Everybody.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  It's necessary.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Aakash What is normal in the first place :D ?

Sure, you could say that is crazy talk. The world is crazy too.

Most of the rules are arbitrary and serve a purpose that needed to fit into the larger structure. 

Like why can people abuse systems for their own benefit and keep for instance their money for themselves?

For me, it is part of the magnificent of existence. Sure, when I talk with friends about this they sure think I am a bit crazy, but I mostly laugh and enjoy the unconventional viewpoints and ideas that generate from a different angle, by them then, since they are either curious or take it as a learning experience or nothing. 

The point is I am not stuck anymore in the analysis of paralysis. I am not very good, yet at doing and taking action. So, this is what I want to work on and will work on. 

I am now 4 years into the path, and still not there where I want to be. 

For instance, when I use the app insight timer for meditation session I see that I am not alone there are so many people on this path, and with all of this personalization algorithms etc. You can create your own save bubble to venture through your own life and not ride against the stream, yet with the stream in your own personally created bubble. At least that is how I like to view it. 

I can connect with most people, blue, orange, green, red. This was just part of my upbringing in this retarded melting pot of cultures. It is almost inevitable to not ask certain questions.

It is also crazy to limit yourself to your own mental chatter. Especially, when it is negative or destructive. That is what I mean with biographical or autobiographical story.

So, called "friends" reinforce old believe since they are used to that. Or stay with your newer self and enjoy and embrace it. 

Yet, this are all the advices I read on Quora :D. So, I assume all of this is normal.

Leo did mention that what he's teaching is how religions get started 

I'm not too sure about the mysticism part but I think diversifying your sources, not holding ideology, witnessing your own ideology, and finding things true in your direct experience will help

I'm watching the latest video now. Imagine Actualized.org becomes a religion and people literally believe we are god giving itself a colonoscopy. A physical man looking into his own anus. That shit would be hilarious hahaha xD

The eyeball on the colonoscopy machine, hahaha, Leo man, you're killing me.

Edited by Identity

Realizeyourgrowth.com

51 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I spent decades in my mind-space and that's what I had to do apparently.  But I realized at a certain point that I was hiding-out in fantasy instead of embracing reality.

• What's the difference between fantasy and reality?
  • You don't regret that phase, I see. That's great!
  • It's about what we are, not what we were/will be, right?
Edited by Truth Addict

11 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:
  • What's the difference between fantasy and reality?
  • You don't regret that phase, I see. That's great!
  • It's about what we are, not what we were/will be, right?

Fantasy is reading a romance novel.  Reality is creating and developing an amazing intimate relationship with a real woman.  You don't wanna live too much of your life in the books.  I did it for years like I said, and there are pros and cons to it.  When the cons outweigh the pros don't be surprised if you change.  Your Ego-Heartbodymind is gonna say, "enough!" at some point.  Maybe not though.  There are certain people who remain celibate for their entire lives.   Who's to say, it depends on the individual person.  And you don't know when this is gonna happen.  It's like not liking a certain food when you were a kid and suddenly developing a liking for it as an adult.  Things change.  And it's not always predictable that they will change.  It's like they say, you find love when you least expect it.  That's so true.  It's weird how reality works.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Fantasy is reading a romance novel.  Reality is creating and developing an amazing intimate relationship with a woman. 

• Some people place fantasy way up ahead of reality ;)
  • Fantasies have similar, if not exact same, effects on the body-mind-heart that reality does ;)
  • Reality has its limitations, while fantasy doesn't ;)
Edited by Truth Addict

29 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:
  • Some people place fantasy way up ahead of reality ;)
  • Fantasies have similar, if not exact same, effects on the body-mind-heart that reality does ;)
  • Reality has its limitations, fantasy doesn't ;)

I agree.  You just have to see how you feel about what you're doing in your life.  Get an emotional read on things and try to use Law of Attraction work to change course if you need to.  It's funny how the Universe will open up for you when you're ready, for it but not earlier.  You gotta be ready to receive what you want.  If you're hesitant, that's not a good energy to have.  You gotta really be ready.  Otherwise you still got more work to do, and somehow the Universe knows that.  It's weird.  I'm still kinda mystical about stuff, even though I don't white-knuckle cling to anything.  But I listen to it and talk about it with certain people.  I give my mysticism a respectful ear in my life, but I don't make a big dog and pony show about it.  You do wanna give your mysticism a respectful ear in your life I find.  I have all kinds of mystical insights and thoughts that I rarely ever talk about on the Forum.  I even have religious thoughts, yeah.  But I don't create a whole f*cking religion about it that I white-knuckle cling to.  I just let the thoughts in, talk about them usually with somebody that I'm close to, and then let them go.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree.  You just have to see how you feel about what you're doing in your life.

Exactly! I agree ??

❤️

So far my child hasn't been raped.

So I would say I'm pretty happy about Guraism so far :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Ah, I'm a little late to the discussion. Oh well.

Leo's already become a religion. I see that in almost every post I read here (with the exception of a few members). Many people already worship him and his beliefs. He has his own sermons that we are expected to watch and follow, his own communion, his own prayers. People debate over the best way to interpret his words as if they were somehow holy. 

However, I think we need to be careful about it. There's a difference between sharing a belief and making a religion out of something. Religion is what happens when many people who share a belief decide to erect rules and statutes about that belief. It happens when people gatekeep others out of the belief. Currently that's not really being done much here, but if people aren't careful, it definitely could begin to happen. 

Leo is a fallible human who is wrong almost as often as he is right, just like most of us. He has significant flaws, some of which even he is unaware of. If those statements offend you, then you already consider his teachings a religion. Take the religion out of spirituality and open your mind.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

My take on purpose: The purpose of the universe is to create purpose. Then some may ask: what is the purpose of evil? The answer is that evil is just a temporary stage for growth and development. We are still a very young civilization.

Do not really care for him doing what he is doing, but it is rather sad to see so many people not questioning what he is saying , just taking it for truth.

Religion is not created by the mystic but by his unrealized, unpracticing followers.

It's not about me, it's about you! What will you create? Will you be a devil? Or will you actualize Godliness?

Of course ego will come in and corrupt my teachings -- and all teachings. It cannot be otherwise. Wherever there is truth there is devilry not far behind. The devil will never allow a mountain of truth to sit uncorrupted out in the open.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.