Jacobsrw

Wisdom of Sadhguru

23 posts in this topic

I’ve been following Sadhguru for what’s been now several years and there’s an essence of true profundity and wisdom he speaks that I feel is extremely rare.

No matter what I read, what I hear, what I uncover the words he speaks seem to have such deep relevance beyond the constructs of what we conventionally believe. So much precision in what he speaks yet he does not require technical language. 

I find it fascinating that someone who has devoted so much time to the mechanics with them self seems to have far deeper wisdom than those who dedicate their lives to acadademic study and literature.

Its as if he words what everyone is seeking in a more synchronised and unifying manner. Would love to hear anyone’s feedback if they have followed any of Sadhguru’s messages!

Edited by Jacobsrw

Wisdom comes from connection to God, not academics. Academics are very disconnected, so their understanding is straight-jacketed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo GuraAgreed, totality cannot be understood by one of its pieces. 

Do you not find how he speaks to be incredibly rare considering majority of human kind are looking the opposite way?

"-Sadhguru all this is fine but what is the take away? 

-There is no take away." 

Inside joke :D

18 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Leo Gura Do you not find how he speaks to be incredibly rare considering majority of human kind are looking the opposite way?

To me it's not so rare because I've studied lots of various masters. They are all profound in their own ways. If you have not studied many others then Sadhguru will seem rare.

But clearly Sadhguru is great.

Sadhguru is alright, unfortunately his videos lack depth of letting listeners understand what he is talking about.

I would suggest for you to listen to J. Krishnamurti, go to channel made for him and start from bottom , you will find more in there if you are willing to actually follow what he is saying and not just follow, try it and question what he is saying while listening to him, amazing man I tell you .  

You just resonate with him because he is closer to your wavelength thus the "appearance" extreme rare wisdom. For me, Sadhguru is like the class clown among the Enlightened.  He is the trickster, the joker, he does not have all the answers but he knows how to ramble out a question to make it seem as if he knows the answer to it.

I've caught him out a handful of times, learn to ready energy beyond the body, learn to see between the lines, be your own master observer.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Dude, it will take you 10 lifetimes to reach Sadhguru's level.

Such arrogance.

@Leo Gura I  think @pluto means that Sadhguru didn't achieve adequate teaching skills. I think its caused through improper embodiment of the truth or by insufficient understanding of psychology etc.

Edited by tedens

17 minutes ago, tedens said:

I  think @pluto means that Sadhguru didn't achieve adequate teaching skills.

LOL

It will take you 10 lifetimes to achieve Sadhguru's teaching skills.

Yes he really is an amazing man, he stands out as he is in the media spotlight atm which is a good thing. There are others just like him hidden away

@tedens Nah...

2 hours ago, pluto said:

You just resonate with him because he is closer to your wavelength thus the "appearance" extreme rare wisdom. For me, Sadhguru is like the class clown among the Enlightened.  He is the trickster, the joker, he does not have all the answers but he knows how to ramble out a question to make it seem as if he knows the answer to it.

I've caught him out a handful of times, learn to ready energy beyond the body, learn to see between the lines, be your own master observer.

I think the teachers we resonate with most mirror us and I think there is something to wavelengths. To be attracted to a teacher we both need to deeply resonate with something, see ourselves in them and also recognize something in them that we do not have and deeply desire to learn from them. 

The first video I found of Leo's was how to deal with anger. I was just searching youtube for answers because I realized I had a problem. I still find it funny that I still resonated with him so much when he admitted in the video that he doesn't really get angry and can't really understand it. Yet the video was still really helpful. 

I know my resonating with Eckhart Tolle was because his path of working through emotional pain without traditional practices was generally the one I was destined to follow until recently. The more work I do the more teachers resonate with me, even ones that infuriated me in the past. 

Sadhguru does kind of seem like king shit on turd island. xD But there's a certain perfection in it I guess. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura Took me about 10 lifetimes few thousand lifetimes ago, this time around it took me about 3 months ;)

Be careful with your methods, they delude you.

B R E A T H E

If only he was happy ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Leo Gura What I meant was rare in human civilisation. Really apart from maybe several 1-10% of people reach this understanding. Another I find is Eckhart Tolle. Along with contemporaries Rupert Spira and  Adyashanti.

For some reason Sadhguru receives a lot of unsubstantiated discontent among enlightened seekers.

@pluto @purerogue  As Leo once said, his level of knowledge is going to sound incomprehensible to one not within that realm of understanding. You have to remember he is accomodating for a world population who 99% unenlightened. Metaphors, jokes and simplistic analogies is just about the only way a message of such magnitude will penetrate.

Another point is those who watch Sadhguru seem to miss that he is always referring to non duality and dissolution of the self. The notion to collapse “this is me” and the outside is “not me”. He continually refers to collapsing this duality which will then bring liberation.

@pluto Unfortunately I feel his words are completely flying over your head. What Leo and all other enlightened beings speak, really is equivalent to what Sadhguru speaks. You just need to find the capacity to understand his messages. 

@mandyjwMm not so sure about this resonation. I don’t completely agree with Sadhguru. It’s the fundamentals of what he speaks. The importance of inner functionality and ego transcendence is what I resonate with. It’s his conveying message not purely him as speaker. As I’ve found there are other speakers such as Eckhart Tolle I view similarly.

I use to think it was resonation with a speaker until I could see a lot of dissimilarities between myself and Sadhguru. It’s all in comprehending messages not admiring speakers. This I feel is not concentrated on enough in modern times.

Edited by Jacobsrw

It's the same being speaking through different brains.

Looks different, tastes different,

Nourrishment is the same when it is disgested !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I can't help it, but how I feel about a teacher has a big impact on me. The more absolute disgust I feel when I first discover them, the more they seem to help me, much later when I'm ready. Of course that's a great example of hate being love turned inward. I feel like a connection/energy from the person is more important than the message. Of course all teachers are just reflections of ourselves, the only difference between teachers and people we don't consider teachers is that we allow ourselves to accept the fact that we don't know what someone else does in order to allow them to teach us. We submit to them and give them a certain authority. 

But truly everyone we encounter knows something that we don't know. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw I understand what you mean here. It has a lot merit as well. For me, I find it’s when something penetrates me at the deepest level. I measure my level of understanding for a speaker by how much their message penetrates me not how much I see myself in them. As you said this can mean existential crises with internal disagreement. But these are necessary steps.

For me it’s important to focus on the message that is spoken not the speaker them self. Otherwise it turns into a glorification, ideology or admiration of the speaker. The purpose then becomes missed.

Edited by Jacobsrw