emind

Leo:If I miss one day of meditation...

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Im a pretty avid meditator and practice an hour almost every day. But someway or another, I always happen to miss a day here or there, though most of the time I don't. Given Leo's emphasis on never missing one single day, "ever", I am a bit concerned with regards to why he said this. I mean,  I know momentum is ideal and everything, but does missing a day kill all my progress? I mean, if I meditated 27 out of 30 days on any given month, isn't that still a lot of progress? 

@emind it will not kill your process.  You are doing awesome with the mediation.  You can have a mystical experience even not when meditating but meditation and self inquiry are what open the floodgates.

But you should still strive for every day every day.  :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

100% commitment is easy, 99% is hell.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, emind said:

Hi guys. Im a pretty avid meditator and practice an hour almost every day. But someway or another, I always happen to miss a day here or there, though most of the time I don't. Given Leo's emphasis on never missing one single day, "ever", I am a bit concerned with regards to why he said this. I mean,  I know momentum is ideal and everything, but does missing a day kill all my progress? I mean, if I meditated 27 out of 30 days on any given month, isn't that still a lot of progress? 

You can do better than that, as Leo says, if you commit only 99%, you will always feel as if the 1 % off is today.

As we can already see, you say miss 1 day, but you are planning on missing 3 days. 

Edited by bejapuskas

Get an app, something that tracks your progress, gives you achievement, reminders and motivate you. This one is called Medativo and it's the best by far for me. 

Screenshot_2019-05-20-09-00-56-604_com.despdev.meditationapp.png

Edited by Arnold666

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@bejapuskas agreed...don't schedule missed days on purpose.  Commit to every day.  If something happens like a family emergency and you end up not being able to meditate don't beat yourself up over it.  It doesn't negate the days you did meditate.  

Hope that makes it clearer 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This is against moralization videos. 

"I should meditate every day". 

Do what you can never regret by what you can't. Life is not about what you make it is about how you live it. 

Who do you love? Yourself? Or the idea of a person who meditates everyday? Is meditation loving yourself? Is having a meditation routine loving yourself? Is having an expectation on yourself that you won't miss a day loving yourself?

Only you can answer. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The important thing is to do what feels right for you.

I was in a religion where they expected us to pray daily, and even they didn't suggest an app for achievements. They just quietly shamed your failures. 

Don't meditate because Leo said so or you feel you have to. Don't push yourself beyond what feels right because you *have to* get that hour in. Meditate because it feels right for you. This is a journey for yourself, not for anyone else. You've already established a routine, so simply continue your routine. It doesn't matter if you miss a day. What matters is that you stop beating yourself up over missing a day. Take the religion out of it.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

If it's feel neurotic and forced, don't do it.

If it's feel like you really want to do it, even if it's hard to do, then do it.

Even if you miss days/weeks or even months, you will quickly see the difference between not doing it and doing it.

When the difference is clear you will never want to miss a day.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Inliytened1 thanks! Yes. I will definitely strive for 100% of the time, its just that, whenever for some reason or another Im not able to do it, I always end up feeling guilty.

@Inliytened1 Exactly yes. I don't schedule them ahead on time, they just happen coincidentally. I know I should take more control over this, but I just wanted to make sure the progress doesn't go away.

@emind Every negative thought you’ve ever had about yourself, another, your life or your circumstances - every single negative thought - was WRONG. You are Good. Reality is Good. Your life is Good.  Meditation is letting thought patterns go, and just being you, because you, are Good. This is true wether you meditate or not. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Sticking to a daily meditation habit is good for your discipline.

You can meditate as much as you feel you need to, or not at all.