Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

Labelling

2 posts in this topic

Okay so, labelling. Right now, I feel the need to label everything to help with my personal development, so I have a clear idea on what I am and how I can target certain issues, whether it be my mbti, ennegram or spiral dynamic stage. I have a hunch that this isn't actualling doing anything productive and I should do something counter intuitive and try to drop labelling things all together? Of course I plan on just trial and error, but I'd appreciate hearing about your own experiences with labelling things!:)

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

@kindayellow Action most likely is the best way to yield any result that you want to generate. ( I am not yet very good at this, yet I am working on that )

My meditation practice involves constant labeling, especially when trying to do it in my day to day existence.

My perspective is that labeling is a tool. In the case of MBTI, spiral dynamics, etc. It is a tool for reflection, it is a map that you can use to see how first of all how accurate that map is or if it is a confirmation bias. If it does not serve you in any way, then I would not use it. Like I would not use a shitty map or instructions since simply I would not know how to use it. But ! I'd rather have a shitty map which shows me parts of the location or area I am heading towards to or want to learn about. 

It is not necessarily labeling, but more a reflection of how I would frame the issue of labeling things. 

I mean I can go in real life and label a person as ISTP, green, blue etc. Which is IMO a bit better than the usual labeling. But, it gives you a way or a map on how to reflect on certain things and take appropriate action or give you insights about certain events, and your autobiographical story or how to deal with a person, also how you construct it constantly and reaffirm it with, believes and maps, etc. There are also other maps, so I would also use them and see what works best.

This is quite tricky lol.

Before even doing, MBTI, ennegram etc. A meditation habit would be way more useful than anything else in the entire world. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore