sgn

Real happiness without meditation?

19 posts in this topic

Can one become TRULY happy (whatever that means) without meditation?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Happiness is relative.  You said it yourself.

But becoming enlightened you become conscious of Absolutes.  That is the highest Liberation.

If you are one who does not wish to seek the path then yes happiness is relative to you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Let's say you couldn't meditate but still wanted to work on yourself, what method or practice would you choose instead?
I mean what would be your second best choice?

Would you think that you would dramatically limit your potential for happiness and awakening if you weren't able to meditate again?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Happiness is always available whether you meditate or not. 

Happiness is acceptance of the current moment. Just accept and you'll be happy.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

The qualifier of *real* happiness made me chuckle.

I was just about to write something about happiness, yet I am unsure wether it qualifies as “real” happiness or not. ? ?

@Maya_0 @dimitri Makes sense :)

@Serotoninluv Lol. I'm not sure what I actually mean by that honestly.
I guess maybe my idea of real happiness is to be liberated from the ego.
But then I don't know what that is like, and I don't even know how it's like to be happy despite ego as some people claim they are.

Edited by sgn

Live for the sake of living and nothing else, and you'll find happiness.

@sgn meditation is a paradoxical thing. true meditation is not meditation. it's no thing.

unborn Truth

The short answer is yes. Meditation is a tool. It's not the solution or only way to grow. 

51 minutes ago, sgn said:

@Serotoninluv Lol. I'm not sure what I actually mean by that honestly.
I guess maybe my idea of real happiness is to be liberated from the ego.
But then I don't know what that is like, and I don't even know how it's like to be happy despite ego as some people claim they are.

Beautiful genuine, curious, openness right there.  ♥️ ? 

How can you not have time to be conscious ?

That's what meditation teaches you, to be conscious.

It's not something you gain, it was, is, and will always be there.

Now if you don't practice a meditation until you understand that you can be conscious anywhere at any time, regardless of what is happening, then you'll stay unconscious and suffer from that.

Sitted meditation is only there to make you realize what I just said, or to deepen it.

Peace will be permanent if you get that, happiness/joy too later on.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@sgn For me, happiness was not possible until I mastered my mind. I personally do not believe one can master their mind without meditation. 

If one doesnt master their mind, they are a slave to their ego.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:59 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Beautiful genuine, curious, openness right there.  ♥️ ? 

Thanks, I try :) 

The question is invalid. Why are you assuming that meditation is something to do? Have you considered that it might just be the opposite?

I meant meditation more as in setting aside time to actually sit and meditate. Yes I understand it can be viewed more as the opposite of a doing, depending on how you do it. I also realize that it's more about being mindful and that is something you can be in everyday activities and how that is less of a doing when we compare it with thinking. Hope you understand what I mean.

@sgn   Perhaps remembering that thought is another sense in the body, like sight or smell would be helpful while talking about meditation. Just like how your ears never stop hearing, your mind never stops thinking. But we identify with our thoughts not with our hearing. That’s the whole problem of the human kind. 

Meditation is all about having this perspective – and being the observer. That’s why meditation is not a doing but it’s a meta-skill – it’s the skill of being. Improving this skill, improves everything else in your life. 

This is also the reason why your question is invalid. There is no happiness where there is no being. 

Edited by memocappa