Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vpandey

Determinism or free will

32 posts in this topic

Both. Any imposed pre-determined thing is my doing, imposed from and by myself unto myself as I am the one and only.

There's no free will for the ego but only God's Will. 

Free will is actually the secret "hiding in plain site" fortress of the ego.  No matter how practical or rational person is, they will put up a blind spot and defy all logic to believe they have free will, their logic and reasoning suddenly disappears for this 1 thing.   People want to engage in religion, search for god, truth, whatever, but they never get there because they also want free will.  Who wants free will, the ability to control, determine it's own destiny, some kind of power and control in life?  Is that an entity of some sort?  If it can do that, it would have to be in no way connected, affected by, or related to any of the rest of existence.  Wouldn't any sort of mechanism of choice or movement or action or anything have to in some way exist as some kind of form or phenomenon?  Wouldn't it in some way exist as like a quality or appearance?  Wouldn't it be as much not you as like a wall you're looking at?

Free will is beyond ego.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

8 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

There's no free will for the ego but only God's Will. 

?❤️

9 hours ago, Conrad said:

Both. Any imposed pre-determined thing is my doing, imposed from and by myself unto myself as I am the one and only.

That I am? motherfucker has to  be burned. Clear mind from I am. There is no place for it. Since God is one and only. Just God. 

❤️?

Edited by zeroISinfinity

31 minutes ago, Marinador said:

i think most people is deluded in this matter,

speaking about the dream not truth,

with a little bit of awareness is easy to see that there is no free will, is totally absurd,

then there are 2 options,do we have any will or do we have no will?

if we observe reality we can see that there isn't any evidence to point to one of the two, so we don't know

keep in mind that any belief is false

?

And yet, some people with their ignorant half-baked enlightenment come and say very confidently that there's a free will, or that it's both and neither. We know it sounds cool to say mysterious unverifiable things, but cool is not the truth.

"Computational irreducibility explains observed limitations of existing mainstream science. In cases of computational irreducibility, only observation and experiment can be used. Computational irreducibility may also provide a scientifically-based resolution for free will." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_irreducibility

What the computational irreducibility means is that simple determinism, such as described by Laplace, that someone knowing all positions and movements of the particles would be able to see all the future is FALSE. It's impossible to fully predict the future.

Our individual choices and personal wills are a PART of process of creation, not separate from it. This means that our personal choices are necessary in order for reality to become manifested, moment by moment.

This is true even when reality is deterministic. Nobody can fully predict the future. One example is sufficiently large decimals of Pi = 3.14150265... which are unknown until they have actually been calculated, yet all those decimals are deterministic.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

?

And yet, some people with their ignorant half-baked enlightenment come and say very confidently that there's a free will, or that it's both and neither. We know it sounds cool to say mysterious unverifiable things, but cool is not the truth.

We're all ignorant. That's something we'll have to accept no matter how enlightened we become. 

But it's definitely convenient to call others enlightenment half baked to dismiss it to support your own views. Or to twist their intent to be to sound cool or mysterious. 

Perhaps try to explore why people say both or neither. This is really no different than religion vs atheism this vs that. Truth kernel vs truth kernel. 

Beware of half truths, my friend. 

Edited by Shadowraix

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

?

You gotta admit that truth is pretty cool though

10 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

You gotta admit that truth is pretty cool though

Truth, yeah Best thing in existance, lemme hide in cave and be that. ?