Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysBeNice

Making meditation easier.

3 posts in this topic

Meditation can be made easier if it's found that it's too hard.

If sitting still, straight up, is too hard, don't try to force too much of it.

'Better' to do 1-2 hour lying down meditation, than 20 min sitting, I think, maybe combine both.

Simply lying down, can be just as effective if not more.

Because surrender/relaxation or self-discovery isn't about effort, it's just about aware relaxation, intention to discover.

A certain amount of effort should be necessary to not make lying down into a pure sleep/dream session probably, keeping the mind not too scattered, focused on Self (discovery), and if the desire for self-discovery/peace-freedom is frequently applied enough, strong enough, it will probably go on during dreams (and make them more conscious).

Why this isn't well more known or applied.. I don't know, maybe for me lying down meditation is easier and useful as I've done already a lot of meditation and experience a certain wakefulness that persists easily in (semi)-sleep states,

or a big reason is that people don't talk about it because it doesn't look as 'cool', 'spiritual', or 'productive' to say you like spending time meditation in bed, negative connotation with laziness.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

'Better' to do 1-2 hour lying down meditation, than 20 min sitting, I think, maybe combine both.

your right about that lying down meditation is much easier and less painful. The only problem with lying down is that it is much easier to fall asleep. 

40 minutes ago, Peo said:

your right about that lying down meditation is much easier and less painful. The only problem with lying down is that it is much easier to fall asleep. 

Luckily that can change as practice goes deeper.

And guided meditations on youtube may also help with this, maybe music or advaita style: Mooji has many, also Ribhu Gita, Ashtavakra Gita.
Reoccurring alarms. :)