Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

what is a humans highest potential as per maslovs

11 posts in this topic

i used to think the highest potential of a human outside being enlightened was helping others by changing the world, but i've noticed its all well and good i changed my perspective and understanding to get it right, as best as the non-enlightened state of analysis can go. however i've realisesd i don't have the missing link - passion. i don't have a particular passion i do, that when i do will change the world i.e i like thinking about reality but the truth is, i am not educated enough to teach it- its way out of my league. this eliminates the entire possibility of being my highest self and the hero's journey outside of enlightenment 

there is also a possibility that since the specific passion isn't there, its just an ego trait to say "ohh look i actually reached my potential as a human look how amazing i am" 

however, i've noticed that i like to dance and this is a passion, not a passion that can change the world 

so my question is: am i deluding myself to think that there is such thing as a humans highest potential and therfore should i actually spend my life doing something i enjoy rather than chase a prophecy i know that may or may not be possible. 

in other words should i give up my version of the highest human potential for my passion? 

I have explored many passions..

But in the end, nothing will ever last forever

Might as well pursue that which will last...

@Angelite Have not found the right one if you feel that way.

True passion is infinite. Timeless.

It is enlightenment.

@Aakash My biggest dream is to change the world with my music. Wake everyone the fuck up! Just look at how silly that seems haha. But I am passionate about it and have no thought about stopping at any point. It's what gets me up, makes me keep going. Overcoming all obstacles along the way. It's either this or nothing for me. What I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't matter how stupid it may seem, as long as it's burning in your heart. You becoming a kickass dancer could easily change the world for the better. Or you becoming a nonduality teacher. Or you know; whatever the heck. Just has to come from the heart. Can't go all egoic about it. Gotta be like a kid. And then develop a mature mindset along the way. You have that one huge dream. Everyone does. It just can be buried underneath for some. Explore until something clicks and lights you up. Trust me, you'll know when you find it. Can't be compared to nothing else. Hope you find my words inspirational, even if just a bit. Wish you luck!

1 hour ago, Angelite said:

¬¬

2 hours ago, Angelite said:

I have explored many passions..

Nothing will last,

That's the whole point,

So just do what you love.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Your highest human potential is your passion. :x

Sometimes that means you move from passion to passion in life, sometimes it means you lose it to find it again somewhere else, or lose it to discover the same one again in a deeper way. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 hours ago, Angelite said:

..in this world.

I'm workin on something that will last after I died physically. 

God had taken away from me all those things that i've mastered, in exchange of showing me what really matters. 

When it's not coming from your lower self, it simply becomes more meaningful. 

My passions are no longer obsessive & neurotic. Each one. My babies~Things I hold dear. Haha

*The only One that is everlasting : Allah, the creator of ALL creations. 

14 hours ago, Shin said:

Nothing will last,

That's the whole point,

You will last,

That's the whole point,

^This is what I meant by following your lower self instead. 

It depends on what God is to you. 

Your potential is infinite. You only limit yourself with apparent human idea.