Enlightened

What is enlightenment?

75 posts in this topic

Where did we get this idea that we're supposed to be happy? My experience is quite opposite to a 'nirvana'. To say the least. LoL So, even though it was the Buddhist philosophy that helped me to overcome my ego, I did not find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. So I've begun sifting thru all the ancient religions.

I found this phrase from the christian bible about us. This is significant, in light of the fact that you are all seeking 'comfort'.

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

John 12:25
King James Bible

This more closely matches my experience of so called 'enlightenment'.

If there are levels of enlightenment, I have to guess that 'happiness' is the lowest level.

Bliss is just a blink of an eye away, at any instant for me, but if you're enlightened, it might mean you care more about others than yourself.

Therefore, enlightenment at the highest level, is the awareness of the infinite suffering occurring at every instant.

I don't know why the guru's don't talk about this. It's like they need us searching for something that we should never want in the first place.

What good is happiness if we all can't enjoy it. And if I seek it, to spread it, when would I expect to enjoy it? I should have none left over! So you have to come to the realization, you might be going about this all wrong.

No one can possibly remain happy, surrounded by sadness.

Edited by Enlightened
Edit

There is no such thing as an, 'enlightenment-EXPERIENCE'.

You may have an experience that you equate to what you imagine 'enlightenment' might consist of, but in no way does that constitue an experience of enlightenment.

You cannot become unenlightened. Let's put it that way. You cannot 'glimpse' enlightenment. And say you had an 'enlightened' experience. That's rather bold.

The point is either you are or you aren't. And who's to tell you that you aren't? 

Edited by Enlightened
Edit

@Enlightened Your awakening is incomplete.

A little bit of satori is a dangerous thing.

You have not yet realized Absolute Goodness and Love.

Sadness and suffering are mental creations.

You are in heaven but you aren't conscious of it yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Enlightened said:

So I've begun sifting thru all the ancient religions.

Haven't they all pretty much agreed that Enlightenement is acceptance of the moment?

What good is happiness if we all can't enjoy it.

If your not enjoying it is happiness.

And if I seek it, to spread it, when would I expect to enjoy it?

You can't spread it while it is slipping in between your fingers.

I should have none left over! 

If you wish to keep the little happines you have, don't waste it worrying about something that hasn't happened. Realize you have invented this concept of running out.

Tu amigo

The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates that about 815 million people of the 7.6 billion people in the world, or 10.7%, were suffering from chronic undernourishment in 2016. Almost all the hungry people live in lower-middle-income countries. There are 11 million people undernourished in developed countries (FAO 2015; for individual country estimates, see Annex 1. For other valuable sources, especially if interested in particular countries or regions, see IFPRI 2016 and Rosen et. al. 2016).

https://www.worldhunger.org/world-hunger-and-poverty-facts-and-statistics/

This is for the gurus. Thanks for all the daffodils. But I can't smell them past the stench of decay and death.

@Enlightened You have not yet become God and have had Absolute Love revealed to you yet.  Or that you are God.

When you have all realizations you will realize there is only One.  You are alone.  You are experiencing yourself through an Infinite number of perspectives (the formed) so you are causing and experiencing your own suffering.  From those perspectives you are not conscious that you are God.

To God the form and the formlessness are identical.  There is only One.  And it is Absolute Love.  It is you.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

26 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Enlightened You have not yet become God and have had Absolute Love revealed to you yet.  Or that you are God.

When you have all realizations you will realize there is only One.  You are alone.  You are experiencing yourself through an Infinite number of perspectives (the formed) so you are experiencing your own suffering.  From those perspectives you are not conscious that you are God.

To God the form and the formlessness are identical.  There is only One.  And it is Absolute Love.  It is you.

@Inliytened1 ❤️ 

Hi fellow gurus!

Kindly let ypur readership know, how we should consider the hungry, sick, and dying in this world, unable to share in your bliss? The horror of this life, is what started Siddhartha Gautama on his journey, isn't it?

'Compassion' is what is missing from my meditation. And without it, I shall never achieve a thing.

Just now, Enlightened said:

Hi fellow gurus!

Kindly let ypur readership know, how we should consider the hungry, sick, and dying in this world, unable to share in your bliss? The horror of this life, is what started Siddhartha Gautama on his journey, isn't it?

'Compassion' is what is missing from my meditation. And without it, I shall never achieve a thing.

The only way to be truly compassionate is to realize you're everything.

So do that and you'll truly be able to help.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I'll keep repeating this till someone addresses it.

"how we should consider the hungry, sick, and dying in this world, unable to share in your bliss?"

Do your work and find this answers by yourself. If you think people here didn't had miserable lifes you are dead wrong. 

I've learned my lesson I don't address anyone anymore.

Address your answers to the infinite. Not to me. :) No I don't mean Leo!

@Enlightened You still look things from perspective of your egoic mind. That is the problem. So Very much you are at the start of the journey. Stay humble and do your practises. Who knows where they will lead you ??

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 minute ago, Enlightened said:

84% of the world believes in something other than selfishness. Me included. I think i'll not take advantage of any bliss available to me until such time all have the capacity to enjoy it.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/dec/23/84-percent-world-population-has-faith-third-are-ch/

It's not enough to believe in something.

You either take action or not, just believing in something is wishful thinking.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

As thinkers. We ahould treat each other with respect. And so, whenever we state something, since we are merely students, we should make a note of who or where we are quoting from.

Is this fair? It's such a great responsibility speaking aloud. Look what can happen, russian trolls can spin an election.

Please start quoting your sources, or quote the book you wrote that you're quoting from.

Where is it said that the tears that are being shed, by a hungry man or one who just lost his wife in a tsunami, are not real?

Please justify the 'inwardness' of daffodil type thinking.

Where? Who said it?

Personally I don't meditate.

I think hard about solving a problem that's affecting the world.

And so, just applying some thought towards it, I somehow affect it. isn't that what the quantum guys are saying, when they look at something, it changes; just by looking at it.

Imagine if you cry while you're looking at it.