Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soul-lover 2020

About warnings....

52 posts in this topic

All of you sound dogmatic. Let him or her find out on their own. They aren't asking questions, so they aren't receptive to your answers.

@Soul-lover 2020

Even conventional psychology will tell you closer one moves towards reality, saner one becomes.

You can't 'see/know' Truth from another's point of view. These are all just perspectives, not reality.

Investigate reality for yourself without any preconceived notions/conditioning in your mind.

Ask yourself right now "What is REAL in my direct experience right here right now?' Then match what you observe in your direct experience to the thought story in your head. 

You'll be that much closer to the Truth than you've been before.

22 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

For anyone who gives a damn,

Apparently it's regarded as acceptable here to warn anyone who dares to mention Jesus Christ, and doesn't resort to threats, ridicule, swear words and personal insults.  Also realism which involves reason and logic isn't welcome.  False ideas such as pantheism are welcome.  Truth isn't.  I guess my problem is that I'm honest with others, as well as myself.  Most people aren't interested....:(

'Bye for now.

Andrea

I for one hope you don't leave the forum. There seems to be a few threads at the moment with the theme of "see ya later". I know we have to look after our own wellbeing and this forum, like probably all the others, can probably seem vicious at times, and wonderfully compassionate and openminded at other times. 

I'm new here, and am slowly trying to change the way I develop and make myself a better version of me. In my ideal world this forum would help facilitate people of all faith's and beliefs to flourish. I'm not aware I had to agree to any one belief when I registered? I don't know who the fuck God is right now. I know I believe in something. I know there is more to life than just what we can sense. 

When I first lurked around this forum I thought Leo was possibly on the brink of suicide. I thought he seemed massively mentally ill with a drug addiction. I felt sorry for him. I thought who the fuck does a 3 hour vlog, and then who the fuck would do loads of 3hr vlogs like it was normal. I thought this place was full of nerds who type a good story but probably live in complete hell and misery. I think different now and finally signed up. I still think Leo is an acquired taste somewhat, but I know there is huge wisdom in him and others that I want to try and tap into. I am still battling what could be my ignorance around psychedelics. People claiming to have wonderful experiences when off their face on drugs. Well that's what drugs are for I thought? To get shit faced. To feel good. To fill a gap of emptiness. Why are these people thinking they are somehow different to other people who misuse substances. Anyway, basically I am becoming more openminded and less judgemental and this forum is teaching me that. 

I've seen people posting about being really hurt by the content and discussion on here. Some people stating up front they are hurt and others kind of lashing out and making a statement about disappearing or leaving, either temporarily or permanently. 

Perhaps the people quitting the forum have as much to offer as the ones who ride everything out and stick around.

It says something for the human condition and perhaps it has to be this way, that even on a forum like this, discussion can quickly turn into a "my belief is better than your belief, let me hammer that home until you accept it". This forum is like the world at large.... some people claim to have "The Truth". 

Who is crazy and deluded? Well that depends on who you ask..... you ask on this forum you will probably get a different answer than if you ask a health professional. Who is right? I don't fucking know actually! I'm trying to keep an open mind....

Man on the street claims to be God.... get's hospitalised.... man running a self-development forum claims to be God (I know it's not as simple as my comparison here!), get's respect and adulation. Man on the street takes mind altering drugs to feel a certain way gets told he is wrong and maybe a junkie, man on the forum doing the same thing ,doing it for self-development, and it seems like doing drugs is as normal as making yourself two slices of toast for breakfast. 

I'm on this forum to try and take myself up a level (or 10). It's obvious the human condition still hunts us down and takes control a lot of the time. We are all  infected with this thing called the human condition and probably the best we can do is control the symptoms (perhaps, I hope there is more to it than that). 

I'm new here remember, I will make lots of mistakes I am sure. 

I've clocked a few members who post all the time. One post of theirs is compassionate and complaining others are too harsh. Their next post is toward someone they disagree with and they seem almost like a complete different person. One post is compassion, the next is harsh judgment and what almost seems like oppression. I'm not going to mention names because that would be pointless as we all probably do it to one level or another. I know I do in life all the time. I hate doing it, but it's still happening. 

I believe character traits nearly always depend on circumstances. If I can minimise this and have consistently favorable character traits in as many different circumstances as possible, then I'll be happy. 

How many of us are this example below?

Favorable circumstances, people seem to do what I want and agree with me... I'm all powerful, all forgiving, all compassionate, all understanding

Trying circumstances, people not doing what they are told, people offending me.... I'll be a cu**, fuck them, they will pay. How dare they. Once I have dished out the required punishment, and justice has been done, i'll slip right back to Mr Nice Guy. I'll be Buddha again. I am at peace!

As Russell Brand would say "Be nice and don't fuck anyone over".

16 minutes ago, hundreth said:

They aren't asking questions,

That's the problem right there. Question everything.

46 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Matthew 24:23-25 

New King James Version (NKJV)

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.  For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.  See, I have told you beforehand." - The Lord Jesus Christ

I'm beginning to suspect that the church is entangled in it.

It's absurd how people who claim to be open-minded turn out to be very closed-minded towards others whom they consider closed-minded, and then they justify to themselves making fun of them, hello ego :)

@hundreth ??

Edited by Truth Addict

You can argue about concepts for days. Experience tells more than concepts ever can. 

18 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Serotoninluv I can't believe he's really gone:(

1854154-LRG_ac7b0d38-0121-4445-b147-ed80f765e8ee_530x.jpg

this is such a great picture, thank you!

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

You can argue about concepts for days. Experience tells more than concepts ever can. 

That's a lot of closed-mindedness,

Are you an ego ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's a lot of closed-mindedness,

Are you an ego ?

Wym? I'm a banana. :P