Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

what is the right way to understand mental illness

11 posts in this topic

some are physical 

some are non- physical (depression, anxiety etc) 

physical pnes on psychical brain may cause physical symptoms 

non-physical ones on physical brain are not because of the brain therefore 

non-physical are held by beliefs you hold exactly as physical beliefs are to physical brain and relationship causation 

so does 1 view it as all beliefs or physical ? 

paradigm dependant or truth depedant 

as beliefs are not stored in your brain but your actual being 

@Aakash How anxiety is non-physical? We know that if we stimulate the amygdala, it produces anxiety.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

i categorised it different to something like alziehmers and neurodegeneration as these are real physical effects, for example saying dopamine and adhd is the causation of lack of motivation, theres always a possibility to repair your beliefs (non physical) to fix the issue, where as actual brain damage etc (physical) is something that can't be a change by a change in belief, i.e depression can be solved if you change your beliefs. these are what i call non physical, they're really to a lack of understanding. 

Very interesting topic.

I think the best way to approach this is to get rid of the belief of a body that's separated from the mind or the duality between physical and psychological. 

We are a complete organism, separation is only a way to describe different parts but they all work together. If you have anxiety for example and you look at the brain, there probably are differences compared to a completely health brain. Does that mean that the cause of anxiety is a problem in the brain? Yes and no, because it's more complex than that. I think to understand mental illness you have to take several things into account: 

- the person's life history: especially early childhood experiences

- their habits

- their beliefs

- to what extent they are living alligned with their inner purpose

- to what extent they express freely

And possibly a lot of other variables that are causing the symptoms that we can label. 

I look at it as the ego's subconscious spinning out of control because of this feeling of uncertainty.  Intuition of the Truth yet no understanding of how to get there or even if it wants to get there because it means its own destruction 

Tricky thing because at the same time  the ego's nature is to self deceive itself.  Taken to the extreme is mental illness.

Also God is exploring infinite perspectives so it has to include every possible perspective even the schizophrenic one.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Mental ilness is just an anomally on the Ego, disharmony on the overall and sticking to much on the head anf self concept. This is achieved usually as a survival mechanism in a toxic family or circle. So those depressed amd heavy mental ilness usually is karma, is the adaptation of the mind to a situation or a way of life. 

Awakening solves almost anything, even the chronic conditioning. But to resolve clinical issues it need a great deal of work, i'd say huge. 

People arr having hard time to awaken, imagine if they have a condition to resolve also.

Is atrocious, i remember my hip and knee injurirs, is atrocious, physically and emotionally.

So the root will still be lack of being LOVE. 

LOVE = awakening\enlightenment\growth\childhood.

So in conclusion only the awakened and children really know about what love is, the vast majority are trapped out of LOVE, wich is fear, resistance, ego, etc.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Nahm so your also saying that mental illnesses are fixed automatically by enlightenment

4 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Mental ilness is just an anomally on the Ego, disharmony on the overall and sticking to much on the head anf self concept. This is achieved usually as a survival mechanism in a toxic family or circle. So those depressed amd heavy mental ilness usually is karma, is the adaptation of the mind to a situation or a way of life. 

Awakening solves almost anything, even the chronic conditioning. But to resolve clinical issues it need a great deal of work, i'd say huge. 

People arr having hard time to awaken, imagine if they have a condition to resolve also.

Is atrocious, i remember my hip and knee injurirs, is atrocious, physically and emotionally.

So the root will still be lack of being LOVE. 

LOVE = awakening\enlightenment\growth\childhood.

So in conclusion only the awakened and children really know about what love is, the vast majority are trapped out of LOVE, wich is fear, resistance, ego, etc.

Hellspeed, what is karma?

My recent observation is about karma. Can we interfere with it? Or should I just let it be? 

@Aakash It sounds like you are seeking an integrated understanding of mental illness. I would say open-mindedness, exploration, observation and communication are keys. For example, you have cited physical and non-physical aspects of mental illness. Perhaps guided meditations (non-physical) and real-time FMRI brain scans (physical) could allow insight. To take it a step further, let’s bring in a Reiki master and neuroscientist that work together. Perhaps the scans can provide the Reiki master an additional tool of having a high resolution map of energetics - to combine there innate sensing of energetics with a visual map. Perhaps this could help a person recondition and re-wire their mind. 

I’d like to explore a form of Reiki that uses energetics - not in a generalized energy flow type of way, yet in a specific focused high resolution way. As if the energy is focused and localized like a scalpel or needle. I heard someone mention this is a new emerging field and has a name. Does anyone know the name of this by chance?