Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM1988

Vitamin B12

9 posts in this topic

Where to get it if you want to eat healthy?

All animal products, fermented foods, unwashed vegetables picked straight from the earth (with the soil still on them), nutritional yeast. 

Some sources claim algae as well but this one is still debated as they call it "B12 analogue". It mimics the molecule hence may sit on B12 receptor but does not really do the work... (all of this may be BS, I'm still quite unsure about this one) 

Also there is some being produced by gut microbiome provided that you have a good balance in there. Nutritional research (if you believe in it) does not support the idea that this is sufficient so it is probably a good idea to either supplement, eat some animal products or eat a lot of fermented foods. 

Either way not getting a stable source can get you in a lot trouble and cause irreversible damage to central nervous system. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

^I'll just add that not all nutritional yeast has B12 - B12 is only produced by bacteria, so it's not "native" to yeast. Some nutritional yeasts are fortified with B12, but not all, so do your research before relying on nutritional yeast for B12.

A healthy population of gut bacteria definitely helps. Taking antibiotics will wipe them out.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Make your own Kefir, it is a fermented drink. It contains high levels of B1, B6, and B12, as well as other vitamins. It also contains anaerobic (Doesn't need oxygen) bacteria which is almost never found in any probotic you can take. Anaerobic bacteria will fair much better then aerobic (Does need oxygen) in your gut. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Cool I didn't know Kefir had any different bacteria vs. yogurt

@outlandish Yeah it is not actually talked about a whole lot, I speak to a nutritionist regularly who is doing research on Kefir it is very very interesting the things I learn from her. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Kombucha is loaded with b12 too.

You can also just get b12 from the vitamin section of the drug store. It's one of those supplements that's probably worth taking if you're not a meat eater. Cheap, pretty easy to absorb, and very important for good health. I don't think there are any risks in having too much of it.

Mushrooms, root vegetables, aloe vera, algae, shilajit, b-12 is everywhere. Don't buy into the fear-based propaganda. Its more an issue with absorption than actually getting b-12. Focus on cleaning the body and fasting once every season and revitalizing the gut flora with fermented foods and macrobiotics.

Cut down on heavy use of herbs/spices like garlic, onion, leeks ect.. which can be lethal to the gut flora. These are also similar reasons many people fail to absorb iron these days. Its not that we are not getting enough of these vitamins, its that through the possessed foods, artificial chemicals, excess flavorings/additives AKA accumulations of toxins in our body, we struggle to absorb/utilize nutrition.

There is many other things at play, Pollution, EMF radiation, Fluoride and other Heavy metals in the water/air supply. Unless we live in the Mountains with clean water and air away from all the chaos of the modern world, we need to be fasting/cleaning/detoxing at least 3 - 4 times a year to be healthy and function at our optimal or at least as close to optimal as possible.

Society is still very behind, you have to be your own Tesla, you have to be your own Master or by the time you figure it all our you'll be on your death bed and then its too late. Stay sharp, stay aware, stay intelligent.

Be one with nature and you'll always be one step ahead.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E